• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I'm have a question about Sweden membership in axis block,is that your own event or new improvement from 1.5 patch?
The last time i'm played classical Darkest Hour without any mods in 2015
That was fully the AI itself. I was very surprised to see that they directly intervened in the Winter War, not to say that they joined WW2 too.
So yeah, it seems it was the patch at work. I didn't mind it anyway.

Civil War

Following our victory in Turkestan, the imperialists from Novosibirsk wanted to negotiate with the Siberian leadership. Instead of trying to reach an agreement, Zdhanov attack the Tsarina. Mongolia also joined the war. Zdhanov achieved victory in Mongolia but the White forces were able to destroy the Siberians. Kira I then continued to forge an alliance with the Far East, which in the end concluded in our western bloc to their eastern bloc, which, after an American intervention, then joined into the Chinese Civil War, in which we were already commited to help Mao. Thus, the civil war has begun once again in Russia.

XGGyeuw.jpg

XjAdVy1.jpg

SNnCrhD.jpg

7LF8YJG.jpg

G4FXHa4.jpg

caqXZUv.jpg

BJ5odOy.jpg

D5DsNGY.jpg

3GLqNOr.jpg

EVzciWo.jpg

CXRS02I.jpg

HML8345.jpg

Ac9a9Lj.jpg

KB9YatH.jpg

ari9XPJ.jpg

tNkIZWo.jpg

oPyUIv7.jpg

UtQmmT5.jpg

RWqhH3r.jpg

RWqhH3r.jpg

k3EawmA.jpg

vP7JnsN.jpg

E8oTibf.jpg

The Union is back

Our attack in Siberia was swift. The main objective was to encircle Novosibirsk so the Tsarina won't be able to flee. If she were to flee then we would've been faced with a long war in the Siberian cold, which we didn't have the time for, seeing that the war in China needed our immediate intervention. Thankfully, the plan succeded. The Tsarina was found and executed, while the rest of the Whites surrendered. The Chinese volunteers in the Far East did the job in Vladivostok. The civil war was over and we could finnaly concentrate in China.
However, it was good to receive some news from Italy. It seems that the Italians finnaly stood up against the tyranny of Mussolini. Thing is, the Germans managed to rescue him from prison and a civil war erupted there too.

ehno4FZ.jpg

Ix8RflM.jpg

vcJG6DD.jpg

pgYkz5w.jpg

jwpZT2X.jpg

vvzhM0x.jpg

KOJnOn5.jpg

yQxOM31.jpg

eFuO5vt.jpg

72nC5dy.jpg

rq9YxEe.jpg

1P5yF6D.jpg

I7WpAyR.jpg

d23Cahe.jpg

SHOTKQs.jpg

N5Bf5qI.jpg

r3E5egd.jpg

pBU3cnb.jpg

gPz0UaT.jpg

N7eUmZr.jpg

91915Zn.jpg

Red Army in Charge

General Skvortsov. I swear he almost won the war in China by himself. His tanks blitzed through one end of China to the another ... just like the Germans did with us. Encirclements, overruning the enemy. This is how we must fight. He should be seen as an example by everyone. While we were busy in China those Finns provoked us on the borders. Stupid move if you tell me, now when we are stronger than we've ever been since the last great war. They did apologize when they found out how well we responded.
With the war in China over, a new Internationale Conference was about to start, but before that, we had to clarify our Soviet leadership. The comittee choosed to elect the Red Army to rule the country. Zhukov took the power and immediately took actions against the supposed successor of Stalin. Beria was purged. If you ask me, Molotov should've followed too, as he negotiated with the Germans in the past.
With the new Internationale proclaimed and our objectives made clear, we were prepared to start the great mobilization. Point was, we knew Hitler is ill and about to die. How the Reich will manage his death will most likely turn into an opportunity for us. Zhukov knew that. And with Asia secured, it was time to turn to Europe.

9FFkef0.jpg

dwqBjd4.jpg

eWfBC6J.jpg

SL6LuJg.jpg

kRrWigW.jpg

1vnoplT.jpg

nlrozTF.jpg

W1E5t0p.jpg

8vDNXeG.jpg

zF90lw5.jpg

ppsJBkG.jpg

xAsbpjJ.jpg

dOjLXBY.jpg

scziny9.jpg

3ML787P.jpg

2GIBx2o.jpg

6mHE3kR.jpg

hX3OvUE.jpg

YBzkEEr.jpg

4heeeG5.jpg

3DIdfuD.jpg

bNav21s.jpg

av8ukSK.jpg

lNuWlRD.jpg

XDUNFlB.jpg

Fag6McT.jpg

The Fuhrer is dead, Long live the Soviet Union

Victory for the fascists in Italy, war in Egypt, war in Indochina, and all culminated with Hitler's death. All the big ranking nazis met in Berlin to decide the fate of their wretched empire. The Wehrmacht did not intervene like the Red Army did here. It was Bormann and Admiral Donitz that secured the supremacy and continued to lead the German Reich. Fortunately, the Axis alliance broke after Hitler's death. They lost their gripe in both East and West. The SS also had problems, as Himmler was pushed out of power by Heyndrich.
The Cossacks used the opportunity to attack the Caucasus RK. Worst thing out of Hitler's death was that the Lokot Republic turned itself into the so called "Russian National State" and took over the German controlled Moscow area. Instead of pledging their allegiance to us, they claim that they are an independent nation! What an insult to both us and the Germans!
A total of 118 divisions were ready to start the war in Europe before Hitler's death. After Hitler died 155 divisions were ready. Following the imminent invasion of Fortress Europa, a new Soviet Constitution had to be written. This time, not by the criminal which was Stalin.

E5Rblv5.jpg

llDX0fN.jpg

Yjfin8U.jpg

VP1Slbn.jpg

5gyjbJY.jpg

wH4y11P.jpg

rpZEpnP.jpg

Q9y72on.jpg

mnRsDYV.jpg

IJKngGG.jpg

sKQnQE5.jpg

2cfPL5v.jpg

BEK2EnM.jpg

S9xGx30.jpg

mn4B0Dn.jpg

2XCok1f.jpg

IgqGvue.jpg

0EuRYhq.jpg

6d8sidp.jpg

bK36sHs.jpg

hWeMrPn.jpg

VjhnAIn.jpg

9wTMJ0c.jpg

XokFG79.jpg

UpadKFN.jpg

TsgChcE.jpg

KmHQPKB.jpg

JkRi9v9.jpg

Back in Moscow

The Germans resisted the immediate consequences of Hitler's death. They avoided civil war, but their loss of power in both west and east urged them to retake action. The Axis was proclaimed once again. And this time Sweden joined them too, even if after the second great war they remained isolationists.
The Germans then looked to the west, seeing that they lost their influence in France, war broke out. It was an easy victory for the Germans, but this meant that after France, they would shift their attention to the Russian National State. Zhukov saw it and took the opportunity to attack it before the Germans could. Our tanks were in Moscow before those pretenders knew they were at war with us. Sadly, Moscow is a shadow of its former self, so the capital remained in Omsk for the time being.
The Germans are raising even more problems in Egypt. They are funding the newly formed United Arab Republic, which is slowly taking over the Middle East.
But the big news were that our reactors from Novosibirsk had finnaly produced the first nuclear bomb! I've heard of its effects when those were dropped in Japan. As evil as Germans might be, the Germans refused to build nuclear technology. And as such, I think it is only moral that we don't use any nuclear technology on them. But of course, that is not my decision. I just ... I think we got to the momment where our civilisation is capable of destroying itself. Those are indeed dark times.

MiDbngG.jpg

F9WIuJX.jpg

QPOfFBM.jpg

NKchi0O.jpg

AILqx7F.jpg

0KYAy9S.jpg

7BqJkJ0.jpg

JYUFKnz.jpg

jueTtic.jpg

5fcdttd.jpg

nyotTZX.jpg

kofPT61.jpg

3Xk9IeM.jpg

XkwYc1j.jpg

fF7Skbp.jpg

hVaFNhS.jpg

SKxj5x3.jpg

n6dMZnG.jpg

Ijtouaa.jpg

vK3IuvQ.jpg

M3Nk2Zk.jpg

SUAvz0s.jpg

d07kw5g.jpg

HVYCvX1.jpg

World War III

On November 8, 1953, the Western Allies declared war to Germany after they refused to renounce their influence from Switzerland and Egypt. A weak cassus belli for what was truly the reason of war, and that was revenge and liberation from the evil regime of the Reich. In truth, I've made a mistake considering the Germans the most evil. It is the Americans. They immediately started a nuclear barrage all over Fortress Europa. German cities were reduced to the ground. Berlin did not escape it. Nor did non-german territory of France and Italy. Paris and Turin were destroyed. We here received the news with great sadness. This is not how you fight a war. Killing civilians like that ... even Zhukov was looking reluctant at the sight of the nuclear bombings. In fact, I think that this is why we didn't attack on sight. He wanted to make sure the Americans would stop nuking Europe before sending troops in there. 480 divisions were ready to reclaim Rodina's lands.
The failing invasion of the Allies in France forced them to look for our help. Zhukov made sure that the Allies will no longer nuke Europe, while a conference was planned for the sharing of Europe for when the Germans were to be defeated.
On May 10, 1954, we declared war to the German Reich.

4AaXW4r.jpg

rZGu0sr.jpg

fUzYKtN.jpg

RaOwlOq.jpg

qVUd5eq.jpg

6B7unCy.jpg

jxjwqzu.jpg

QGRtIGZ.jpg

r9tJZ1D.jpg

Z8fFyqU.jpg

TcqGmCh.jpg

GB6XwXu.jpg

1Ffb8yy.jpg

HzAkSSx.jpg

8Ey47xZ.jpg

RH9ZBUP.jpg

1N3rAfU.jpg

jNvBAzX.jpg

N1Hml9n.jpg

wPAeQo0.jpg

Esp0Ewv.jpg

wFouvJb.jpg

Reclaiming our lands

Let's say that we've learnt a thing or two from the German blitzkrieg. The invasion went way better than expected. Our tanks were so ahead of us. All of them went for the big cities while also trying to perform encirclement operations, which were very effective. By the time the German troops arrived to the front, we were already at their borders, having destroyed all their evil RK's. People all across the liberated areas cheered for our return and even decided to join the fight, thus, a general mobilization being planned by Zhukov.
The Allies in the West were not doing so good though. Their forces from Normandy faced a second Dunkirk. But this time they weren't allowed to retreat. The forces in Brittany were fighting for survival, so did the ones from Norway. But now that the Germans were forced to commit forces to our front, we think that the Allies should be able to resist. General Rommel arrived on the Polish front, on which I am placed too for my knowledge of the land from the Soviet-Polish wars I've been through. I am eager to see what their best general will be able to do against the biggest invasion Europe had ever seen.

BX1L401.jpg

TY0JO8J.jpg

ylJVMKu.jpg

MI6DzDf.jpg

vGCHQiD.jpg

A9v08hp.jpg

CY69Y5U.jpg

DZdUwsO.jpg

I8qScDC.jpg

lnaUfdD.jpg

0bfUgz2.jpg

0CRGoH3.jpg

DYpqqYl.jpg

wtUZdMy.jpg

osyFOsq.jpg

Iz5SXJs.jpg

A2ec1FQ.jpg

ANSNqmm.jpg

DB9XX2q.jpg

ym9Mdmd.jpg

SrkIn7n.jpg

MtceOV0.jpg

Gci9v1q.jpg

YXE1ZOA.jpg

There is a air division in Kaunas... it will be destroyed if the axis move there.

Nuclear bomb dropped on Russian soil

The next atomic bomb to hit the Earth was not from the western allies, but from us, and on Russian territory. The SS stronghold from Crimea was too well defended by the German fanatics. Most of their big leaders were there, and following our unsuccessful attempts to capture Sevastopol, everything culminated with the forced hand of Zhukov to launch the nuclear bombing of the city. On a following speech he claimed that the island was no longer Russian, as it was a SS base and a colony for the indoctrinated Germans.
I was shocked. I mourned that day. For all the poor souls that have perished there...for both Germans and Russians were killed by these terrible weapons.

The Ukrainean front broke and our Southern armies managed to push to the Romanian border, but for them to breach the border, they needed the troops from Crimea.
Also, a big encirclement is being planned in Belarus, I am taking part of the plan, but at this point I just hope the Germans won't fight as hard as they fought in Sevastopol. I do not want anymore usage of these diabolic weapons. Not from the Americans, not from the British, not from us!
The SS now operates from Burgundy .. and also, after the fall of the Cossacks, Iraq and Iran joined forces with the Germans in hope to catch us unguarded. A big mistake if you ask me, a mistake that the Finnish haven't done, as they remained neutral.

jTKZnmg.jpg

fhh3ELg.jpg

DkZqCfz.jpg

dYcR7Va.jpg

QoepI5Q.jpg

4wep9gT.jpg

DVHR9u4.jpg

vAfwTtI.jpg

mA9Xzsx.jpg

uk9pWor.jpg

Z2Cjyjj.jpg

vuh1Bei.jpg

dAIDDfp.jpg

P0J1KiF.jpg

pGQNQ7A.jpg

iQP5q9U.jpg

LMtItGt.jpg

vJitbsQ.jpg

PYjr6qg.jpg

zV1vyCY.jpg

Entering Germany

Once their 'colonies' were wiped out, the bulk of the German forces started to arrive on the front, just in time to stop some of our advances, but it was way too late for the encircled ones in Belarus and Romania.
But now, with the British invading through Netherland and into Western Germany, and we, almost at the Oder River .. we can't help but finnaly think that the war is close to an end. But ... I feel like that won''t be the end of our struggle. Zhukov met with the Western Allies. They've already planned to cut Europe in half. Eastern Europe will be under our influence, while the Western Europe will be liberated under their influence. It's like we already consider the Germans to be defeated. It's a strange feeling .. knowing that. This will be my last war. At this point, making an underground basement somewhere in Siberia to evade the most possible nuclear wars in the future, looks like the best idea.

am7gMn6.jpg

lGmvQz4.jpg

COKdkip.jpg

UJO8CB3.jpg

YkH5Y5F.jpg

EdWEaiJ.jpg

Lx74Wrj.jpg

WzSzLDD.jpg

EFj61eO.jpg

2g3jHuB.jpg

GIG9wIh.jpg

dpkEOCY.jpg

hgccfIm.jpg

0UgJjtO.jpg

P1wrlTm.jpg

u3cX8wT.jpg

jLReK3m.jpg

Hn7XgHu.jpg

7NL7rEz.jpg

O3xSNNl.jpg

JEXqyTI.jpg

8Qk3xid.jpg

NCkTPJW.jpg

VzW6zJu.jpg

9z1Z7Y5.jpg

fDhCM2w.jpg

Das Ende

Germany's allies were falling like flies. First it was Romania, then Bulgaria, Slovakia, Hungary, Serbia, Croatia, Greece .. the only ones still standing were the Italians, the French and the Swedish.
Zhukov gave us the clear orders. Encircle and capture Berlin before Christmas. But by the end of Novemeber we already captured the capital. The Germans fought fiercely, but when they found out that they were surrounded, most of them gave up the fight. I heard one German prisoner saying very dissapointigly a "Ah .. Das Ende."
Then, the British came. It wasn't what I expected though. The tension was to the sky. I could've seen the British looking strange at us. They definetely consider us an enemy. Friendship was rarely reported on the places we met them.
The Germans tried to make a last stand in the Bavaria, but by March 18th, Fuhrer Donitz surrendered. The war kept raging for a little bit more, but not for us. The British and the Americans defeated the Italians, the French and the Swedish.
By May, there was once again peace in Europe. But I wonder for how long...

GK8f3U2.jpg

6nY1xC9.jpg

e81eFus.jpg

KBPocZ7.jpg

7V0NgBg.jpg

t8qrFYj.jpg

aK2SKpy.jpg

O8gQgfp.jpg

oSEPLna.jpg

0qIp3Nc.jpg

cMemRqT.jpg

zz1wZXW.jpg

oSD9bBI.jpg

h3q2OJQ.jpg

44HWLXG.jpg

LQq4mKw.jpg

8hngdf5.jpg

ao3OnYl.jpg

n98c8ok.jpg

n98c8ok.jpg

Sj0KgcS.jpg

d5vfNbi.jpg

MJTh4Ly.jpg

PdZjAHJ.jpg

zulkpve.jpg

ASV8J4Q.jpg

nBVYHJs.jpg

KCf6IQw.jpg

8kLx2H3.jpg

isHJHnO.jpg

The End of Chapter IV: Awakening the Bear

So, the AAR will be going to the NWO mod, but as of now, the mod is not compatible with the new patch of the game. I will also have to modify some parts of the mod maybe. College is starting again soon and I won't be able to give time to the AAR for some time. So, it once again goes into "On Hold".
Wish you a happy new year! :D

PS: Last photo is from NWO mod and therefore it's not canon yet. The map will have some slighty differences.

Last edited:
Are Greece, Yugoslavia, and Denmark friendly to you?

Well, the partition of Germany in this alternate WW3 is close to the partition of Germany from the historical WW2. The last photo from the post is from NWO mod and I will need to change some things about it. I will try to remain as loyal to the Fatherland scenario as possible. That means, Finland will take Karelia (this might change though .. could just assume the Finns pulled out of it because of the fall of Germany and to avoid war with the Russians), Yugoslavia will be more loyal than it was historical, and Greece, well Greece was mostly captured by the British, so it will stay in the Western hemisphere. Denmark, however, will remain historical even though I captured its lands. I actually didn't plan to go into Denmark but the Chinese went into it. Denmark and Austria would just be classified as part of the pact Zhukov made with the Allies in the partition of Europe. And about Sweden, seeing that they were that interventionist in both WW2 and WW3, I think I might just send them into the Western hemisphere as a puppet or ally in general. I will think about it.

In the Middle East, Egypt became an ally of Germany, so we could just assume that after Germany fell they also fell to the British and I think I will stay historical with the Middle East in general.
I defeated Iran though in Fatherland, so I think I will make it a Communist state, but I will think about it after I check Iran's events in NWO.

All wil be explained at the beginning of the next chapter. But I don't know when this will be. Maybe next month after I finish the session of exams. :D

Last edited:
Honestly I'd argue Finland should keep her land, as a reward for not joining Germany in WW3, perhaps while giving it stronger ties to the Soviet Union, per historical timeline (and as agreement with Sweden going to the West).