• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

unmerged(110676)

A Single Spark
3 Badges
Aug 12, 2008
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Majesty 2
mcybkn.png

Jia Qing was born on the 2nd of April 1239. In Halmar. A frontier town of the declining Khergit Khanite. Both of her parents had enlisted themselves in the great Khergit raid on the Swadian Empire, which, whilst breaking the empire into several pieces now known as the kingdoms of today, had bankrupted the realm and now faced utter decline. Hundreds of Refugees daily headed across the desert and the Steppes, returning to their old homeland. Many died on the journey. Her mother had died during the failed Siege of Praven, whilst her father had been taken Prisoner and was missing for 12 years. In the care of bakery assistant every since, Qing took up her live savings of 200 Denars (Including several weapons inherited from her family.)

2ce52eg.png

Enlisting herself with the Guild master into Halmars local guard unit, her fast task was to help root out bandits who were prying on the weak Khergit state and profit from raiding caravans. With 200 Denars she hired many men from nearby villages, one of which bordered newcomers to the land, who inhabited a large area of desert, surviving off the Oasis's that dotted it.

j8co41.png

Qings party now had 11 peasant soldiers, now doing the task of bandit hunting. The bandits however were nowhere to be found. The party ran in circles around the town, and found nothing. A large waste of money and food, the party gave up. It seemed the bandits had already been crushed by a passing Khergit horde, not only did this make an reward gone, but a party that now needed paying and feeding. Qing new, she must leave these declining lands and seek her fortune further north. The Swadian army was once again attempting to retake its lands by striking northwards at the Nords, but the arrival of a new southern sand threat, meant that the Khergit Kingdom would be lucky to last another decade without complete destruction.

Good start, nice background description.

Qing new, she must leave these declining lands and seek her fortune further north. The Swadian army was once again attempting to retake its lands by striking northwards at the Nords, but the arrival of a new southern sand threat, meant that the Khergit Kingdom would be lucky to last another decade without complete destruction.

*Nods sagely*

One of the first things I realized after starting with M&B some years back is that if you start in Khergitstan, you would do best to leave it asap lest the steppe bandits feast on your corpse.

*Nods sagely*

One of the first things I realized after starting with M&B some years back is that if you start in Khergitstan, you would do best to leave it asap lest the steppe bandits feast on your corpse.

If you intend to play with Khergit based army you can stay in that part, those steppe bandit are actually not that hard to defeat with Khergit tribeman or skirmisher and they are the bandit with the 2nd best loot (I admit no one can beat sea raider for loot among the different bandit :p).

just so you know the new beta .850 doesn't work for many users so you might want to skip that so there aren't any hold ups in you AAR.

The party moved ever northwards and the winds became more constant and chilled. Passing through the realms of Swadia unnoticed. Several bandits passed us by, but during the night we were able to shake them off and head around them, heading to where Jia Qing would soon call home. The never ending winters of the north east.

2mmzrdf.png

Are you sure? Constant winter battles don't make for nice screenies for an AAR.

If you find someway to melt all that permafrost in Vaegir territory I would guess they would have to launch a sea invasion to get new land. =p

:wacko: I actually meant if this is the place they land most often...(shouldn't try to multi-task)

:wacko: I actually meant if this is the place they land most often...(shouldn't try to multi-task)

i so far haven't seen them land on any of the coastline that has snow on it.

i so far haven't seen them land on any of the coastline that has snow on it.

Which is odd, considering Nord shouldn't mind snow. =p

And me I meant nothing since was just a random joke, since with how their territory is keep in permafrost I think their territory would transform into other part of the sea if it all suddenly melted, thus having to launch a "sea invasion" =p

Haru, when can we expect an update?