• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I believe he/she is referring to the influence bonus you get/penalty others get.

Gotcha. You get a substantial bonus for puppeting somebody, but as far as I know you do not get one for foreign investment.

In AHD you get a bonus from foreign investment when trying to sphere someone...

In AHD you get a bonus from foreign investment when trying to sphere someone...

That bonus persists; it does not, as far as I know, persist for the dominions unless you invest in them post-release.

I generally agree that Primary culture = Colonizers would be more realistic, but wouldn't that lead to incredibly unrealistic outcomes due to the way assimilation works? For example wouldn't South Africa end up full of British people within a decade, and that Austrian Somali-land become famous for its Lederhosen and Coffee houses?

I generally agree that Primary culture = Colonizers would be more realistic, but wouldn't that lead to incredibly unrealistic outcomes due to the way assimilation works? For example wouldn't South Africa end up full of British people within a decade, and that Austrian Somali-land become famous for its Lederhosen and Coffee houses?

Perhaps so. :)

In any case, the game has now been released. Go, buy, and be merry!