• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Alas, I am disproved by the power of your arguments. My only counter to this can be: "Nuh uh, YOU are!".
Oh yes. It sooo clever. I'm ashamed and now should just leave crying. Right?
If you try you actually can notice my explanation why efficiency should not be main argument for that.
And ignoring questions is very nice too.
I so appreciate the way you treat your customers!

Last edited:
We need 1% beauracrats to make a colony into a state of your nation's culture. So apparently they are there to run the colony/new state yet we don't have them running the dominion as well...?

You could argue that you are running the dominion through your own country... but the game displays it that they are "first class citizens." So why would my own people in my own dominion not be "first class citizens" by this model?

We need 1% beauracrats to make a colony into a state of your nation's culture. So apparently they are there to run the colony/new state yet we don't have them running the dominion as well...?

You could argue that you are running the dominion through your own country... but the game displays it that they are "first class citizens." So why would my own people in my own dominion not be "first class citizens" by this model?

You don't make a dominion out of states though - IIRC states are automatically excluded from dynamic-core dominions. Spinning off a puppet and absorbing a place into the glorious Motherland are different processes.

You don't make a dominion out of states though - IIRC states are automatically excluded from dynamic-core dominions. Spinning off a puppet and absorbing a place into the glorious Motherland are different processes.

True, but in the screenshot it showed the dominion as civilised. So dominions will by-pass the beaurocrat-need and just become civilised upon release? I think it is a good argument that if your culture is primary that the dominion would truly be civilised.... But with natives running it; I don't know how far you can stretch that the dominion would be civilised.

Why on Earth do some you guys keep arguing? This is an AAR of an expansion in beta. Sure, it's ok to ask questions nicely, but don't turn a lovely thread into a mess over things that *really* don't matter.

It is funny how devs first argue about how the setup "makes sence", and then just say that the problem is, they do not want to make a dynamic primary culture.
:laugh:
But we dont really want colonization in HoD to be oppressive and unjust
Exactly, because it is definitely more opressive than any time you conquer a state with non-primary culture.
for the same reason as germany doesnt build concentration camps in Hearts of Iron.
But, before TFH, AI Germany was using total exploitation, so effectivly, you did encourage AI to oppress for historical reasons, which makes your argument moot.
:rolleyes:

Alas, I am disproved by the power of your arguments. My only counter to this can be: "Nuh uh, YOU are!".

He made an argument addressing a point you made in a previous post and now you're mocking him. I think you're acting in a way that is both unprofessional and demeaning towards the people that are trying to engage you.

Whatever, this entire discussion has left a bad taste in my mouth. If you folks at paradox won't change it (or let us mod it), I'll just throw an event together changing it for myself.

This is getting interesting! I'll be following this.

One question related to HoD, will Macedonia (all three Macedonia regions or just North Macedonia, doesn't matter) be releasable, similar to Jan Mayen?

Probably not except for the cores they already have (meaning not the country of Macedonia) because Jan Mayen was only a joke.

Whatever, this entire discussion has left a bad taste in my mouth. If you folks at paradox won't change it (or let us mod it), I'll just throw an event together changing it for myself.

That's the best way to go ahead. I think that some people on here were pretty embarrassing with their hounding of PDS. The question was made clear, PDS' position on it was made even clearer. The only thing that wasn't made clear was the whether the colonial system would be moddable to any degree.

Regardless, the modders will find work around to their specific issues and harassing PDS anymore won't achieve anything.

I really don't get why people are so bothered. I'm 100000000000000x more interested in the fact that THEY HAVE DYNAMIC RELEASABLE DOMINIONS than what culture those dominions are.

This is getting interesting! I'll be following this.

One question related to HoD, will Macedonia (all three Macedonia regions or just North Macedonia, doesn't matter) be releasable, similar to Jan Mayen?

Probably not except for the cores they already have (meaning not the country of Macedonia) because Jan Mayen was only a joke.

Oh. Well, thank you for answering my question.

I'm not sure; I haven't bothered with releasing stuff much. :)

I really don't get why people are so bothered. I'm 100000000000000x more interested in the fact that THEY HAVE DYNAMIC RELEASABLE DOMINIONS than what culture those dominions are.

That's the spirit! :)

Second, I'm interested in the Cotton, as I've developed quite a nice little industry based around Regular Clothes. (I cannot emphasize enough how much more strategic the game is with the synergy bonus, in terms of planning industry chains!)

Just like to say how pleased I am over this change. I always tried to play like this, in the blind hope some type of synergy bonus existed hardcoded in the game and I just wasn't sure it was there. Glad to see that won't be a waste of time in the future.

Just like to say how pleased I am over this change. I always tried to play like this, in the blind hope some type of synergy bonus existed hardcoded in the game and I just wasn't sure it was there. Glad to see that won't be a waste of time in the future.

In this AAR, I don't have the time or space to discuss it, but I really did try to build industry according to the synergy bonus, and it works wonders.

I always try to play like this too, including when I invest in foreign nations. Hopefully the AI is smart enough to play to it's strength in this regard.

I always try to play like this too, including when I invest in foreign nations. Hopefully the AI is smart enough to play to it's strength in this regard.

I always have, even before I knew there was a bonus. Now I'm just getting rewarded for it. :)

If you colonized the state, when builded railroads there, will you get foreign investement bonus then you release state as dominion?

I don't think so, but it's honestly not something I've considered. What bonus are you referring to?

I don't think so, but it's honestly not something I've considered. What bonus are you referring to?

I believe he/she is referring to the influence bonus you get/penalty others get.