• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
My Girlfriend and I are super excited for release. We actually planned to make our own little story with the game(Not sure how to implement that but i'll think of something). She really, really, REALLY wants to be a Pirate Queen so she can plunder worlds of booty and 'booty'.

Sorta-not-really? I mean, part of me kinda has a bit of joy at the idea. Then I remember "BattleTech" doesn't just include this game, it includes the tabletop. Then I also remember I have never actually done game development work before, and have no technical skills to begin to match even the worst on the HBS team. And I remember Tyler has be whomped on plot-making ability.

Then I remember the epic . . . spirited discussions . . . which led to the Bickering Thread and the tons of stuff which if I was in with Harebrained I would not be permitted to say as it then is official.

And I think "nah, man, I'm cool just being a consumer".
Sigh, Kere-contrarian. :) Since when does a"wish" have to be practical ? Don't be like the "Pedantic Genie" that won't let yourself have the wish the way you want. ;)
Just enjoy it. :D

My Girlfriend and I are super excited for release. We actually planned to make our own little story with the game(Not sure how to implement that but i'll think of something). She really, really, REALLY wants to be a Pirate Queen so she can plunder worlds of booty and 'booty'.

Posted a Prelude chapter of my campign story already. Looking forward to get my hands on the game. :D

As one of the people here contributing to the ‘Events’ system, you’ll definitely be able to do this on your own!
There’s a simple editor tool hiding in the file structure and it spits out JSON files, which can also be edited in Notepad.
Fair warning, there’s no tutorial or help-screens in be tool, and a lot of how we use it here is tribal knowledge — but I’m confident that folks will sort it out (and I’ll probably answer a question or three when the time comes)
So with a little bit of trial and error and simply riffing off of the existing Event files, you’ll be able to make your own chain of Pirate events for fun and ‘booty’.
(The same goes for making hand-built ‘Contracts’, but there’s no Tool for that and it’s kinda easy to break the JSON if you’re not careful.)

As one of the people here contributing to the ‘Events’ system, you’ll definitely be able to do this on your own!
There’s a simple editor tool hiding in the file structure and it spits out JSON files, which can also be edited in Notepad.
Fair warning, there’s no tutorial or help-screens in be tool, and a lot of how we use it here is tribal knowledge — but I’m confident that folks will sort it out (and I’ll probably answer a question or three when the time comes)
So with a little bit of trial and error and simply riffing off of the existing Event files, you’ll be able to make your own chain of Pirate events for fun and ‘booty’.
(The same goes for making hand-built ‘Contracts’, but there’s no Tool for that and it’s kinda easy to break the JSON if you’re not careful.)

Event system Customizability. Awesome. :D

Another stellar example of why Team HBS is my favorite game developers of all time. : ) Constantly striving to go above and beyond, as well as to connect with their customers as much as is possible / practicable. :bow:

Thank you.

What happen if you take a leg out on a Quad?
Just the prospect of BATTLETECH letting us discover the answer to your question for ourselves, is rather breathtakingly exciting.

And if given half a chance, with game developers like Mike, Tyler, Kiva and all of Team HBS, I just know they could knock this one out of the park... though it may require the wherewithal of a future BATTLETECH Expansion Kickstarter to do it right and properly. Which they should. Do it right and properly. : )

They are the ultimate April Fools joke,

because they are the strongest piece of equipment known to battletech!!!!!! :eek:

:D

Carrying over from the old forum: I am still mystified by the love for quad mechs. I didn't even realize they EXISTED beyond MW2's Tarantula (No vid game representation, never mentioned in the handful of BT novels i've read) until Juodas and co. began evangelizing them.

At this point I think if someone actually explains the appeal of them to me, the sky will rain blood or something :)

It looks like this game will be very modding friendly, which bodes well for replayability! Honestly can’t remember when I was this excited for a game. Hopefully the launch is early April...

Sigh, Kere-contrarian. :) Since when does a"wish" have to be practical ? Don't be like the "Pedantic Genie" that won't let yourself have the wish the way you want. ;)
Just enjoy it. :D

Still not my first wish. My first wish is "No MTG Reserved List and the next set is nothing but reprints from it." My second wish is "A full case of booster boxes for that set." And my third wish is for an author friend of mine to hit it big with one of their IPs. Like George R.R. Martin big.

What happen if you take a leg out on a Quad?
"Four-Legged 'Mechs: A single destroyed leg immediately causes a quad 'Mech to fall and negates all the movement and combat bonuses gained from being a quad. The 'Mech can no longer make lateral shifts, it loses the –2 modifier to Piloting Skill Rolls, it must make a successful Piloting Skill Roll to stand after falling, it must prop itself up with one of its forward legs to fire while prone and it suffers a +2 modifier to firing while prone. In addition, a –1 MP penalty replaces any penalties associated with damaged leg actuators in the destroyed leg.
After losing two legs, a quad functions with the same restrictions as a two-legged 'Mech that has lost one leg: it immediately falls, it has only 1 MP, Piloting Skill Rolls are modified by +5 and so on. A quad that loses three or four of its legs cannot move. It automatically falls and has 0 MP available. It cannot prop itself up to fire, change hexsides or attempt to stand and is considered immobile."
- Total Warfare, p.122

How do you feel about next month's Launch?
Just a couple days ago, I ordered a new video card. This is a very big deal for me.

A little backstory - for almost the last twenty years, I've only gone through three computers: two laptops that lasted a little over five years each, and now a desktop that's been trucking along for about seven years now. I tend to get them refurbished though, so they're usually pretty good systems for only a fraction of the original price (even if the CD-ROMs on the laptops farted out pretty quickly). The system I have now came in well over specifications for 2011, and is still pretty baseline today... save for the graphics card, which technically shouldn't even run some of the things I play on it.

But this week, I'm upgrading my computer for the first time in nearly a decade, and I specifically chose one that will run BattleTech with maximum power. I didn't do it for Fallout 4, or Witcher 3, or even XCOM 2, but I did it for BattleTech 1 (as it will one day be known, in success ;)).