• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
As Taurian said, I have always enjoyed seeing your take on things PH - personally I think the design decisions should be challenged and thrown around the forums. I have some misgivings about how some of them will play out - but at best we're only tilting at somewhat theorycrafted ephemeral windmills until release - and as such I think your approach is spot on.

For next month's launch I am somewhat excited, but there is also a certain amount of anxiety about how the reality will match my expectations. I am reasonably confident that this will be a polished wonderful experience with solid design and implementation, however that doesn't stop me hoping that HBS has some time to get us more solid info on the run-up to launch.

Me, I just want everyone to play the damn game. Every time I launch a game, it feels like I'm giving a present to a bunch of friends I've never met IRL.

Edit: SOME of you, I actually have met!
Man I wish I could work on Battltech stuff to make a living ....

Me, I just want everyone to play the damn game. Every time I launch a game, it feels like I'm giving a present to a bunch of friends I've never met IRL.

Edit: SOME of you, I actually have met!
I certainly know that I'd LOVE to meet you and Mitch, and Jordan, and Mike, and Kiva, and Eck, and hell.....ALL of you.
Just the fact that you feel like you're giving us a present makes it feel that much more special, and I haven't even played the damn thing yet (except the beta, and if that's any indication I'm going to LOVE the final product).
But I'd like to think that if I ever do meet any of you in real life, I'd want to forgo any handshake and give you all a massive back slapping hug.

I certainly know that I'd LOVE to meet you and Mitch, and Jordan, and Mike, and Kiva, and Eck, and hell.....ALL of you.
Just the fact that you feel like you're giving us a present makes it feel that much more special, and I haven't even played the damn thing yet (except the beta, and if that's any indication I'm going to LOVE the final product).
But I'd like to think that if I ever do meet any of you in real life, I'd want to forgo any handshake and give you all a massive back slapping hug.
:eek: ... just kidding.

As Taurian said, I have always enjoyed seeing your take on things PH - personally I think the design decisions should be challenged and thrown around the forums. I have some misgivings about how some of them will play out - but at best we're only tilting at somewhat theorycrafted ephemeral windmills until release - and as such I think your approach is spot on.

For next month's launch I am somewhat excited, but there is also a certain amount of anxiety about how the reality will match my expectations. I am reasonably confident that this will be a polished wonderful experience with solid design and implementation, however that doesn't stop me hoping that HBS has some time to get us more solid info on the run-up to launch.
I agree.
I know with my head to reign in the expectations I've accumulated over these past 2-plus years.
But my heart...

...it is a Big Stompy Heart and its rhythms beat in time with the seductive percussion of a BattleMech thundering toward Enemy Contact.

:soul_searing_sigh:

Yeah, I've got a lot of reigning in to do. : )

I should amend my earlier statement to include a huge number of forumites as well. I'd be pleased as punch to meet you all in real life as well. Probably not with a massive hug, but a hearty handshake, and with a couple...a good fist to the jaw (then pick you up off the floor and buy you a drink as compensation).;)

No no...I'm not one of the devs. Trust in them. They're making the game :D

Like everyone else I'm hoping I'll love it <3
Hinting at your signature, right? :p
Sure enough I trust them AS WELL.

My entire household is stoked for the release. The kids jump on me and shout "BIG STOMPY ROBOTS!" and proceed to PEWPEW at me until I crumple. So yeah, when your five year old asks when can he play BattleTech and your missus says things like "When it launches take a bit of time to show us how it plays" I have to sit and just think....only 5 more weeks!

Im jealous of you ... my wife thinks my game playing is just something she needs to put up with - so to be honest I didnt even tell her its being released in april. This tuesday I was So excited after work (after hearing about the upcoming april release) ... but cant share it ... just with you guys here ...

BT used to one of my favorite games when I was a kid ie 30+ years ago~ me and my child hood friend always used to have great saturday mech battles.

@djxput, bring all the Big and Stompy you care too... there always seems to be someone around here to share it with, pretty much any hour of the day or night! : )

And welcome to the BATTLETECH forum!

Included in my signature block below are some popular BATTLETECH community links.

We hope you enjoy your time here. :bow:

Fortunately I'm lucky enough that even though my wife couldn't care less about BT, she does understand my obsession with it and even encouraged me to take a couple of days of vacation to play when it releases. The only hang up there is that the last time I did that, I got called in for a mandatory meeting and we were all informed that the factory I was working at was closing its doors in 3 months, so.... But I kinda doubt that a college would do that, right?

After playing the backer beta, I am very happy with the game we had and imagine I will be very happy with the game we will have. My only desires in that regard are a wish that we had some sort of instantaneous fire resolution (though I can understand why HBS is doing fire resolution turn-by-turn, it is much clearer what is going on and much faster to learn), that we could control combined-arms assets, and that a competitive multiplayer system was a part of launch (as opposed to the lobby-based one that will be in at launch, I just want to make it crystal clear that there WILL be multiplayer at launch).

Those two wishes will in no way impact my enjoyment of Battletech and the form it has taken. I have not been this excited for a game release for a long, long time.

A. How do you feel about next month's Launch?

Mixed thoughts on this. Really disliked the jump jets for every mech. Really changing the core identity of mechs which were actually designed to jump. Its not as simple as strapping on jump jets and a mech can jump lol.... Wasn't a fan of the initiative order based on weight class either. Should of been based on speed if at all.

On the old forums, there was a discussion about changing the initiative 'rank' for some of the outlier chassis (bumping mechs like the Assassin and Cicada up/down to move with light mechs, etc). Apparently, its a single digit in each mechs coding.

So, with a little bit of file editing, changing the game over to a 'speed band' initiative system should be doable. And tempting, as it was something I'd suggested on the old forums. And got slammed for suggesting.

I had originally hoped that HBS would better protect me from my own power-gaming, min-maxing, exploitative, short-cut seeking ways... but I can already hear the siren-calls of Jump Jetting Stalkers!!!!!!!

Ah well... and no, I have no hope that I'll be any better on my second, third or fourth play throughs.

#GamingReality
It's perfectly natural! Why else would they look like blimps? :p

Im jealous of you ... my wife thinks my game playing is just something she needs to put up with - so to be honest I didnt even tell her its being released in april. This tuesday I was So excited after work (after hearing about the upcoming april release) ... but cant share it ... just with you guys here ...

BT used to one of my favorite games when I was a kid ie 30+ years ago~ me and my child hood friend always used to have great saturday mech battles.

I am very very lucky. My wife and I used to play massive Warhammer 40k Battles together, Battletech and PC games together until the little 'uns came along. We are best friends first and an old married couple second. Truth be told she pre-ordered Battletech FOR me via her steam account so I didn't have to pay for it! That's worth a box of choccies and some flowers on Mothers day :p I hope the BT game gives you back the lovely childhood memories!

My household is the same way except it is a 15 year old and an 8 year old.

Awesome! I hope the kids get as much fun PEWPEWing as much as mine will. I think it's wonderful that we can pass on our hobbies to the next generation and give ourselves something to bond with them over.

I am so glad our faithfuly cmdr is back in action.
Thank you <o

Unfortunately, it won't be so for much longer. I just got the heads up about my marching orders next week. My time will be sparse to none after that for a long while. :(

Last edited: