• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
An error occurred while updating the launcher. Please contact support
Please try this:

- exit the Steam app entirely
- uninstall Paradox Launcher v2 from the Windows "Apps and features" utility, if still present.

Delete the following folders if still present:

- C:/users/<UserName>/AppData/Local/Programs/Paradox Interactive/
- C:/users/<UserName>/AppData/Local/Paradox Interactive/
- C:/users/<UserName>/AppData/Roaming/Paradox Interactive/launcher-v2/
To see the AppData folder you'll need to enable View Hidden Items in File Explorer.

- run steam.exe as the Windows Admin user

- run the game from the PLAY button in Steam

IF that doesn't help, in this folder are some .log files:
C:/users/<UserName>/AppData/Local/Paradox Interactive/launcher-v2/
Please attach them here.

After the recent release snafu, we are back with a new version - The first of of the year, hence named 2021.1.

Changes
  • Some pretty big layout changes to the navigation of the launcher - Hopefully things will be easier to find for new users
  • Technical upgrade to remove blockers in the preparation of MacOS ARM support
  • Renaming a playset should no longer throw errors, and hence stop polluting the logs with non-errors
  • Fixed the "eternal DLC verification" bug when running the launcher from paradox distribution (i.e not from Steam, Epic, Microsoft etc.)
With the layout chances there has been some refactoring across the launcher code - If you notice any regressions, please let us know.

Pax Vobiscum / D2O
How do I download this new version?

It's automatically downloaded when you start the launcher. If you see 2021.4.1 in the left hand corner you've got it.

Reactions:
So I was sent over here to ask about feature requests for the launcher, but it would be amazing if there was some way to either fullscreen or otherwise resize the launcher as, for me I have an understandably large number of mods and anything to reduce the scrolling would be nice. Alternatively, if this is a feature already, then please let me know how I can use it!

Thanks!

Reactions:
Please try this:

- uninstall Paradox Launcher v2 from the Windows "Apps and features" utility, if still present.

To see the AppData folder you'll need to enable View Hidden Items in File Explorer.

Please attach them here.

Attachments

• launcher-dowser.log
    634 bytes · Views: 0
  • launcher-bootstrapper.log
    38,8 KB · Views: 0
  • cpatch.log
    12,7 KB · Views: 0
So I was sent over here to ask about feature requests for the launcher, but it would be amazing if there was some way to either fullscreen or otherwise resize the launcher as, for me I have an understandably large number of mods and anything to reduce the scrolling would be nice. Alternatively, if this is a feature already, then please let me know how I can use it!

Thanks!

Hi! We have had this requested several times, and it is already in the backlog - Unfortunately we are a bit constrained on the UX side, so it's unfortunately not going to happen in the immendiate future, but "re-sizeable launcher window" is a thing that will happen eventually :)

• 2Like
Reactions:
Please try this:

Please attach them here.
Is there a way to get the 'red dot' (something wen't wrong...) to dissapear after having done the manual update like you mention here ?

The version is correct and everything is in order but it still remains. It's also annoying to have to update it manually every single time because of 'some issue'. This seems to have been around since forever and there's still no proper solution to it.

Is there a way to get the 'red dot' (something wen't wrong...) to dissapear after having done the manual update like you mention here ?

The version is correct and everything is in order but it still remains. It's also annoying to have to update it manually every single time because of 'some issue'. This seems to have been around since forever and there's still no proper solution to it.
Please post your launcher log files and we'll look into it.

Suggestion: include a functionality that adds either a link to the launcher's changelog, or an in-launcher window that has the changelog; somewhat like Battle.net does.

Suggestion 2: Add a toggle in options to hide the "Resume" button. To people that use a bunch of mods that change often this can be a hindrance. Having it hidden from display would help a lot with UX.

Also, 2021.5.1 has been released, would appreciate a changelog of 2021.5 and 2021.5.1

Last edited: