• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Deuterium Oxide

Distribution Manager
Paradox Staff
15 Badges
Jan 13, 2014
  • Magicka: Wizard Wars Founder Wizard
After the recent release snafu, we are back with a new version - The first of of the year, hence named 2021.1.

Changes
  • Some pretty big layout changes to the navigation of the launcher - Hopefully things will be easier to find for new users
  • Technical upgrade to remove blockers in the preparation of MacOS ARM support
  • Renaming a playset should no longer throw errors, and hence stop polluting the logs with non-errors
  • Fixed the "eternal DLC verification" bug when running the launcher from paradox distribution (i.e not from Steam, Epic, Microsoft etc.)
With the layout chances there has been some refactoring across the launcher code - If you notice any regressions, please let us know.

Pax Vobiscum / D2O

• 2Like
Reactions:
The launcher appears to be having some issues for me, all of them, especially Hearts of Iron 4 and Stellaris' are having issues where after I load it, and go to the Mods section, it doesn't show any Mods and acts as if I do not have any, but I have a few from the Steam Workshop.

• 2Like
Reactions:
The launcher appears to be having some issues for me, all of them, especially Hearts of Iron 4 and Stellaris' are having issues where after I load it, and go to the Mods section, it doesn't show any Mods and acts as if I do not have any, but I have a few from the Steam Workshop.

Disconcerting - Are you looking at the "All installed mods" section or the "Playsets" section? Have you tried the "Reload installed mods" button by any chance?

Just at the Mods section, this is what the launcher looks like at the moment, on the Mods section for me.

1613128893739.png

• 3Like
Reactions:
Hm, that's not how it's supposed to look - This is how it's supposed to look (my machine 34 seconds ago):

Screenshot from 2021-02-12 12-32-36.png

So it appears we have something to investigate!

• 1Like
Reactions:
Just to make sure we get a clean install - Would you mind uninstalling the launcher and re-running the game to update directly to the latest version? (see below)

How to fix your launcher
If you have a launcher that seem broken, the easiest thing is to uninstall the Paradox Launcher and then start your game anew. A launcher version will be installed and subsequently updated to the latest available version.

View attachment 673067
View attachment 673066

You might need to let the launcher update itself a couple of times to catch up with the latest version!
I have uninstalled and reinstalled it again, and after loading it, it seemed to bring it back to the new launcher but with the same issue as before, the Mods section isn't really there. I have also tried unsubscribing and resubscribing too, and subscribing to a new mod I didn't have before.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled it again, and after loading it, it seemed to bring it back to the new launcher but with the same issue as before, the Mods section isn't really there.

Unfortunate, but at least we can rule out one source of errors! We have some people looking at what might be glitching and causing your launcher to look "not right" - Hopefully we can get a reproduction. In the mean time, what OS version are you using? Any antivirus?

Unfortunate, but at least we can rule out one source of errors! We have some people looking at what might be glitching and causing your launcher to look "not right" - Hopefully we can get a reproduction. In the mean time, what OS version are you using? Any antivirus?
I am using the most recent version of Windows 10 with updated free version of Avast Antivirus, didn't ever really have problems before this too. Though occasionally had an issue with Stellaris mods

• 1Like
Reactions:
I am using the most recent version of Windows 10 with updated free version of Avast Antivirus, didn't ever really have problems before this too. Though occasionally had an issue with Stellaris mods
Avast was flagging the launcher as dangerous for me. I had to manually add the launcher exe as exception. Afterwards the launcher worked fine.

Reactions: