• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like you used an old version of feast_events.txt, not checking for low fertility before impregnating, and using friend_opinion rather than is_friend/add_friend. And you are missing some in_hidings in friends_rivals_events.txt.

Looks like you used an old version of feast_events.txt, not checking for low fertility before impregnating, and using friend_opinion rather than is_friend/add_friend. And you are missing some in_hidings in friends_rivals_events.txt.
Please point out where because other than tying in the duel engine instead of using the random chance "duels", my copy of these files is identical to the current 2.2.x beta.

Please point out where because other than tying in the duel engine instead of using the random chance "duels", my copy of these files is identical to the current 2.2.x beta.

Event 72025-72028, 72080-72081 (I hadn't changed 72026-72028 yet) for the friends (Paradox might not have updated these events), in event 100410 (rival duel) you don't check for in_hiding (this is probably your goof).

Event 72025-72028, 72080-72081 (I hadn't changed 72026-72028 yet) for the friends (Paradox might not have updated these events), in event 100410 (rival duel) you don't check for in_hiding (this is probably your goof).
The version in this thread or the one I have on disk (slightly newer) doesn't have any of those issues. Are you talking about the Steam Workshop version?

It should be identical to the version in this thread (except for the extra closing bracket in the .mod file -- that's a Steam issue).

The one I downloaded from the first post had those issues. I don't use any workshop mods.

Weird. I just checked again, and the version that I get when I download is definitely not what you're getting (except for the .mod file but that is harmless).

Anyway I should be able to upload a new version soon* with the other things you pointed out which are in there, fixed.

I notice that some of the localization files are using single character ellipses
Code:
rather than three periods
Code:
This won't display properly in game.

Had a courtier petition to duel a rival, and then got "Your duel has ended before it even began". The problem is went first rival->liege->first rival, and never went to second rival to establish the two sides for the duel engine.

Suggested change:
Code:
character_event = {
	id = 100412
	desc = EVTDESC100412
	picture = GFX_evt_melee

is_triggered_only = yes

option = {
		name = EVTOPTA100412
		tooltip = {
			opinion = {
				modifier = opinion_very_grateful
				who = FROM
				years = 5
			}
		}
		#duel begin
[COLOR="#FF0000"][s]		e_rebels = { holder_scope = { character_event = { id = duel.1 } } }[/s][/COLOR]
[COLOR="#0000FF"]		random_rival = {
			limit = {
				has_character_flag = duel_rival
			}
			character_event = { id = rival_duel.1 }
		}[/COLOR]
	}
	option = {
		name = EVTOPTB100412
		prestige = -10
		tooltip = {
			opinion = {
				modifier = opinion_very_grateful
				who = FROM
				years = 5
			}
		}
	}
}
[COLOR="#0000FF"]namespace = rival_duel
character_event = {
	id = rival_duel.1
	desc = EVTDESCrival_duel.1
	picture = GFX_evt_melee
	is_triggered_only = yes

option = {
		name = EVTOPTArival_duel.1
		e_rebels = { holder_scope = { character_event = { id = duel.1 } } }
	}
}[/COLOR]
Code:
EVTDESCrival_duel.1;[From.GetBestName]'s liege has given permission for the duel. You and your seconds show up at the appointed place. It is time to settle this matter.;;;;;;;;;;;;;x
EVTOPTArival_duel.1;Lay on!;;;;;;;;;;;;;x

Last edited:
I've already changed that event series so it should now work properly, but thanks for the suggestion.
In the current version (still based on vanilla) the challenged persion never got a chance to accept or deny so I've introduced that option.

New version up -- not yet on Steam. Because that version will update automatically I'm waiting for the next patch before I upload.

THIS VERSION IS LIKELY NOT SAFEGAME COMPATIBLE.

-changed many filenames to make it easier for me to keep track what is what
-moved new on_actions to a separate file for increased modularity and compatibility with other mods
-changed the vanilla rival duel so the rival has a chance to deny to duel
-some bugfixes (thanks richvh)
-added the CTA system from PB to give starting rulers combat traits if they should be eligible
-increased player chance to get battlefield duels a bit
-further disabled the (missing) jousting events

Missing localization for duel_rival and duel_rival_desc (from the new decision.)

Events duel.314 and duel_output.2 are never called.

There are still calls to absent events joust.10-13, 20 and 21.

And I just spent most of yesterday updating LI's version to your new one <sigh>

Whoops... the decision shouldn't have been in there. It's not functional yet :/

Duel.314 and duel_output.2 are currently unused -- the joust event calls are all in the latter so aren't called, too. I didn't want to fully remove them yet since I'll add jousts back at some point, once I figure out how to do tournaments right (that code is a mess).

Thanks for the note... and sorry for the work.

Updated file now.

Last edited:
oa_duel_engine.txt won't load before 00_on_actions.txt. 00_oa_duel_engine.txt would.

Just wanted to report that when I approve a courtier's duel with his rival, sometimes he ends up fighting me (his liege). I've lost a couple of decent monarchs that way.

Are you planning on doing another rewrite, now that event targets are available in the new beta?

Imo if it ain't broke don't fix it, use the event targets in the future for things but cause this works we may as well leave it working

The trial by combat event string in LI is currently broken, and it will be easier to fix if I can use event targets. Also, it will be easier to adapt new events to the duel engine if event targets are used.

Status
Not open for further replies.