• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
excellent update, but whats the new world plan, if you inherite / annex spain you can get their colonial nations. Can't wait to see how the great Queen Ariadne is succeded by her son the absolute genius :D

excellent update, but whats the new world plan, if you inherite / annex spain you can get their colonial nations. Can't wait to see how the great Queen Ariadne is succeded by her son the absolute genius :D

the new world can do whatever. Even IF all CN go independent, they will colonise more and more and MORE.

What one needs to do is take bridgehead colonies so you can get a cb on all CN/former CN, and annex 'm last.

In theory you can even subsidise all former CN (or even CN themselves, or even the colonizers themesleves, to speed it all up. If you swim in money, why not?

The MORE the world is colonized by catholics, the better :)

thanks ;P
when seeing posts, and when checking who posted it i (most of the time) check the amount of messages posted for no reason

Last edited:
So I'm in a bit of a pinch atm. Doing a Byzantium campaign to learn the changes in 1.15 game mechanics and I feel like I've accomplished that goal for the most part. That said, at a point where I can either try to press it into a WC (Possible, but would need to involve truce breaking in Europe and Protectorateing, so no one-tagging). Was somewhat hoping to attempt to turn it into a one faith around 1650, but I know I've moved way too slowly for that at this point. Just had a war where I soundly trounced the one big remaining fish (France) who was somewhat comparable to me and I kind of lost motivation to continue playing after that was over.

So do you think I should continue playing it out or start a new campaign? Other problem is, I have no idea what I'd even play next. I do also need to get around to making some mechanic videos now that I've learned a lot of the changes in 1.15.

Now onto the actual topic of your thread:

Brilliant AAR per usual. Only about halfway through the current amount put up, enjoying it quite a bit for the most part. I didn't quite enjoy the way the Varys character was put in as a lover is my only complaint :p. I've been toying a bit with some things/ideas I've picked up from reading this. Also made me realize how much I've neutered my message settings since I quit playing Christian nations and didn't care about PU opportunities. I'm really going to need to re-adjust them soon.

Not sure if it's something you've picked up on or not so far this campaign, but there is one benefit to not putting basically everyone as friendly. Anyone you want to vassal feed land to set as Hostile if they're not a rival and your vassal will fabricate as many claims as they can on that nation. Makes vassal feeding a bit easier since they'll be able to core more / core it faster.

Thanks again for the wonderful AARs Atwix, They're always a pleasure to read. This one in particular made me realize how lazy I've gotten since TTM as part of my break/relaxing play after that campaign. Really need to hone my mechanics, especially when it comes to battles. I wasted so much time/ resources due to poor battle management due to carelessness. I'll never be able to stand what you do with the whole on unit arrival one province at a time moving pop-up and pause with armies because that's way too tedious for my liking albeit amazing for efficient game play.

Anyways, midnight posting is probably more incoherent than normal from me :p. Keep up the good work mate!

Edit: I thought I was halfway through. I was wrong. I was halfway through the last entry. I'm all caught up now and am experiencing what I normally do when I catch up on entertainment I enjoy reading/watching/listening and am sad I'm caught up since I'd rather be able to get it all in one go

Last edited:
thanks @Frogbait

I'll never be able to stand what you do with the whole on unit arrival one province at a time moving pop-up and pause with armies because that's way too tedious for my liking albeit amazing for efficient game play.

Its tedious, but knowledge is power. Pressing that 'army arrived on location' popup many times a month allows crazy manoeuvring and you will never lose track of troops. This avoids battles you don't want. Knowledge is power, as Ariadne and Varys would say. Many players think its too much micromanaging.. But its what I base world conquest on.

Note that I put Varys in as a lover for a laugh. Maybe it was bad idea ;)

Last edited:
Dear readers, I need a little feedback. I realized just now that clicking on my AAR images gives a reader POPUP of the site I use to upload my images to.

I never thought this would be annoying, if you want to enlrage many images.

I will try to write next chapter on imgur, as you can then enlarge the images INSIDE the forum, without a popup to external site.

Question is: do you feel the need to enlarge the images a lot? Is the tooltip and UI font readable for you? Or should I enlarge it? You think it would be added value if you can enlarge the images without going external site?

Thanks in advance for feedback!

For me the images are wide enough so I don't need to enlarge them or go to the site itself. Though if you can enlarge them without going to the external site this can be handy for some people. I also use postimage.org as you adviced, and I use the "hotlink for forum (1)", and you can enlarge those without going to an external site. Maybe you should try this?

For me the images are wide enough so I don't need to enlarge them or go to the site itself. Though if you can enlarge them without going to the external site this can be handy for some people. I also use postimage.org as you adviced, and I use the "hotlink for forum (1)", and you can enlarge those without going to an external site. Maybe you should try this?

I don't get it. I can't enlarge them inside the forum. Maybe that is cause you delete the [ url] part of the link also?

Tomorrow i'll write new chapter, and i'll try to delete the url in brackets everywhere, or using the direct link button, and see if clicking the image enlrages it, or still leads you to external site.

@ThetrueColt advised me on the matter, he thinks it can be solved by removing the [ url ] parts of the link. I'll try that.

Well, if you copy the link the site gives you from the "link for forum (1)" and you paste it in Word, it will highlight which part is the link and which text you have to delete.

For example:

how to do a screenshot on a pc
I didn't know it would show the image :oops:, since you should normally put it in the image icon above here, but anyway.
This is what the site gives you. In Word, it will highlight http://s19.postimg.org/zdd8go20j/image.jpg[/img][/url.

And that's the part you need, as far as I know.

Ah I get it now. I use Word 2003, and it doesn't have this 'highlight link' option.

I am strongly AGAINST using the 'image' button inside the forum, as I got no clue how long Paradox server will keep this iamge uploaded. Only for the GIF images I use, you HAVE to use this button, or the link for the GIF images won't work.

I know for SURE that postimg.org keeps the images on their server FOREVER, as long as at leas ONE person views these images ONCE in a period of six months.

So I'm 100% sure my uploaded images never vanish. That is main reason why I write AAR in WORD, and why I use external site to upload images. Another reason is 'power failure' or clicking away the forum page by accident will make you lose everything you have written/done so far... Using Word and saving document as xxxx.doc or whatever will let Word make backup saves of whatever you wrote so far. I once lost 11 pages of a chapter, cause I didn't 'save' the document in word yet before I had power outage.

Anyways, i'll try and see next chapter on how to adapt the image links to allow enlargement of the image inside forum.

Removing the url brackets might work as well. Even though you had the problem of not seeing the images whereas they were showing just fine for me. Let's just see what the next chapter is going to look like.

Removing the url brackets might work as well. Even though you had the problem of not seeing the images whereas they were showing just fine for me. Let's just see what the next chapter is going to look like.

nah, I tried out imgur.com, and after upload you can select the forum code with the [ img ] (bbc code) and copy paste that directly into text editor. You can avoid having to delete part of the link this way, and you can enlarge the images inside the forum then.

ONE thing I wonder now, maybe I should enlarge the images to 2560x1440 or so before uploading? that way you can enlarge them even on 1440p monitors...

But downside then would be that people on smaller monitors can't 'enlarge' the image to fullscreen right? The would have to scroll sideways and down... But that is maybe a good thing?
What you folks think?

Chapter 12: The Polish charade

this chapter will have some serious overseas coring.. Sorry if I don't add many detailed screenshots of these wars :oops:

I simply *STOMP* them ;)

N9vP5zt.jpg

Empress Ariadne died, and the new emperor Francesco had to jump in.

First thing he does as acting emperor, is to declare on the Ottomans the day they come out of truce.

ATYS8P5.jpg

Then he peaced out with Jaunpur, asking a load of provinces in the Bengal trade node. Bengal and Pegu hold all trade centers; we'll have to attack them sooner or later if we want an extra merchant from this trade company..

NqC0ouF.jpg

The conquest of West Africa continues.. Oyo and Air got attacked. Air is valuable, these days :D

36HzzuQ.jpg

Poland decides they want their old vassal core back :mad:

They also invade the Ottomans...

Poland just full annexed the Teutonic Order, Lithuania is once again below 50% liberty desire, and now they jump on the wagon against the Ottomans :cool:

p3pSlM5.jpg

Naxos does the heavy lifting though :rolleyes:

FIRE!!!!! :mad:

erhm.. They still shock us to death quite good :oops:

DSXIBuq.jpg

Oh crap o_O

That is why... Too much artillery and too few infantry to fill front row.

I'm getting sloppy :oops:

RnwbSxj.jpg

Francesco decided to build +1 army forcelimit buildings in the steppes provinces.

Its no good to build any other buildings in these low development steppe provinces :rolleyes:

Note that its usually best idea to build +forcelimit buildings in overseas provinces, but I wanted to test if building them in provinces assigned to noble estate would give more forcelimit per building..

YuN3b5j.jpg

Persia left the steamcooker almost completely surrounded by Naxos :eek:

And that Mewar. God I HATE Mewar.

They have horrible + % coring cost, and that's is why they ALWAYS end up dominating NW India. The AI never attacks them, which allows them to spread their filthy cores everywhere..

It is making me sick! Make them STOP!!!!

X5dG9Yr.jpg

The Ottomans got overrun. Poland and Lithuania helped in killing all their troops..

qFPs6Oi.jpg

What can I say? War won :rolleyes:

svzUVAM.jpg

I fed Austria all provinces in EUROPE that are NOT in the Constantinople node. I rather core overseas for now ;)

AwaXEFk.jpg

A quick 'fire and forget' war versus Uzbek led to more feeding, this time to Muscovy.

Muscovy did NOT take expansion group. Noone will colonise Siberia anytime soon o_O

Muscovy took RELIGIOUS and Economic. Religious is good news! They are slowly but steadily converting all their provinces to catholicism..

This incites loads of rebels, and Muscovy spends all their military points on harsh treatment..

Which makes the rebels STUPIDLY easy to kill, if their overlord does it. Muscovy STILL has no muskets; they are still equipping their infantry with Halberds.. In the 17th century :rolleyes:

Important tip: forcing your vassal/PU subject to adopt YOUR religion will lead to your subjects having ridiculously low military tech due to them doing harsh treatment constantly, and this will in return lead to laughable rebel stacks in your subject. It will be hilariously EASY to wipe the rebels in your subjects.. In 1.9.2, the best idea was to force vasalise a horde, and feed them beyond belief. Now you can just use any heretic subject, force them to convert and get them to 0% religious unity, and watch them stay at the same military tech forever after.. Their manpower will bleed, but you can kill all rebel stacks easy before they occupy a fort..

ZD8ODn0.jpg

A bit later, Poland took their core, released Serbia, Ardalan and Georgia.

GOOD!

Naxos attacked them all right after ;)

Georgia needed a 'fabricate claim' though :rolleyes:

43cBGKz.jpg

Naxos made peace with Jenné, after a very quick war. Naxos borders Songhai now and an attack was made right after I got Holy war cb..

Important tip: Got to watch peace deals in West Africa, if you declared on multiple nations in West Africa at once. Use diplomatic mode, and make sure you do NOT ask for cores of nations you are at war with in ANOTHER war.. You will not be able to core these provinces until you peace out with the nations who also have cores there!

Tadmekka is a core of Songhai, so we can't core it. I just sent missionary, attacked Songhai, and I'll core Tadmekka once Songhai is stomped and peaced out.

The idea here is to install a corridor in the North..

aEADF5F.jpg

the new ruler of the Ottomans is a 6/6/6 o_O

Devilspawn :mad:

Funny enough, The Ottomans took the mission to conquer Constantinople from Naxos. Yeah, right. Dream on :rolleyes:

Ardalan and Serbia are attacked, and Georgia soon will be..

S8Riwws.jpg

Oyo ceded me the main part of their provinces, that do NOT have cores of other nations that are in another war.. Kanem Bornu is overrun also; their army wiped. Air got victim of the infamous 'annull alliance' peace deal.

LInF5Lk.jpg

A quick war versus Ethiopia gave me this.. Ajuuraan is also in the steamcooker. Rebels made them indepedent, and I attacked right after.

KsQLqMo.jpg

Also in Asia there are more and more overseas wars... Timurids left the steamcooker, and got FULL ANNEXED. BYE Timurids!

Yarkand can be attacked also now.

I think it is obvious now why I took religious idea group? Holy wars save you thousands and thousands and thousands of diplo points when making peace..

dAAokFy.jpg

After a few easy wars, this is how the Ottoman region looks like now.. Austria got fed, and Naxos is a bit bigger. Thanks again, Poland :cool:

"I owe you a favor, Poland.." said the emperor.

Francesco yawned, and stretched. He had been busy with the overseas wars for months on end.

GesFROR.jpg

Varys had been in charge of ruling Europe while Francesco was focussing on the wars.

Emperor Francesco had allowed his father to do so, ever since Empress Ariadne died.

Francesco talks a lot with his father, while they play chess. Ruling Naxos was now a game of masterminds..

But his generals nagged constantly, stating that the man is pulling all power in Europe to himself, while the emperor was busy..

Francesco reflected on that, and agreed partially.

He left the wartable room, to have a little chat with his father.

ky2wyrV.jpg

In reality, Varys had helped the Old Empress Cersei rule the nation of Naxos.. And Francesco is the grandson of Empress Ariadne.. Varys saw him growing up, and he was a father figure for Francesco. But as said in previous chapter, I made Varys the father of Francesco, for the sake of story. Hence, Varys is the father of Francesco ;)

Last edited:
Vasjcly.jpg

Francesco summoned his father to the throne room..

"I have been busy too long with this wartable.. Time I started ruling Europe myself."

He waited till his father would arrive, and he theorycrafted on some things that needed to be done in Europe and Naxos overall..

QR4xAaC.jpg

Emperor Francesco took another idea in diplomatic idea group and Naxos got -1 unrest globally. Yay :D

The emperor looked at the Europe situation, and declared on Milan. that dragged in a load of HRE nations, and they are all invading Austria..

2exxWjF.jpg

Francesco ordered the Naxian army to help the Austrians out.

e6pw2j7.jpg

Emperor Francesco IV began a thorough revision of our country's military structure. While officers were still drawn from the nobility, the peasants and townspeople were conscripted into the other ranks. Regular drilling was introduced and a powerful fleet was established together with hundreds of battleships, galleys and other crafts.

The army rejoiced, and they had a huge morale boost during this short period of reforming the army.. The Naxian army stomped the Bavarians silly :eek:

momkc1v.jpg

Varys entered the throne room, and Francesco rose to meet him halfway the room.

His father looked grim, and Francesco froze in his tracks, and studied his father's face...

o567vRZ.jpg

"My son, what is this folly that I heard? WHY are you subsidizing BRANDENBURG? They torched my homeland! Don't tell me you are planning on BEFRIENDING them?!"

JwfDd1o.jpg

Francesco smiled, and stepped a little closer.

"That is what I want to let them THINK, yes.. I did warn the ambassador to tell the Brandenburg King that he shouldn't trust me... Well, NOT to trust me to give him much else, I said him. Maybe a non aggression pact at best."

fmC3p33.jpg

A herald from Brandenburg came into the throne room, stating Brandenburg had LEFT the coalition against Naxos.

Varys studied the face of his son. Then it dawned on him..

"You really are as cunning as me. Good thinking, my son.."

Varys patted his son on the back.

Francesco had done +100 relations, a gift, and subsidies to get Brandenburg to +50 opinion. +50 is the point where ANY nation will leave a coalition against you.

3qA2aeX.jpg

In came another herald. And another. And another. And another. Everyone was leaving the coalition in the HRE, after Francesco stated that Naxos is FRIENDLY towards them..

eFa0yZg.jpg

"I am proud of you my son. You remind me of your mother.."

Francesco told his father his true intention with Brandenburg..

His father grinned.. "Let's hope they don't get word of our little charade"

"They won't. They think I am trying to be a GOOD HRE emperor!" Francesco grinned sheepishly.

He left the throne room, and went back to his wartable.
Varys continued his work in Europe.

"Right. I need PEACE before I can do my move on Brandenburg... PEACE, god forbid."

5ir22mG.jpg

5 wars are still ongoing.. Mutapa got overrun.

KpiHc4O.jpg

Kanen Bornu got peaced out, and Naxos borders AIR from TWO sides now after Songhai got full annexed..

P8rvdJ0.jpg

Bavaria got peaced out in the Milanese war and a few HRE princes got released.

The HRE rejoiced. Emperor Francesco IV really has the best intentions :cool:

d38Nds7.jpg

Mali is the hardest nation in West Africa, all the time. They made a nice color book of the Naxian territory, but in the end they got stomped..

xfJhUcj.jpg

The new fort mechanic makes blizkrieg hilariously EASY.

*BLITZKRIEG MODE ENABLED*

CcXt1bT.jpg

*BLITZKRIEG MODE CONTINUES*

uP5M0qc.jpg

Milan gave the trade center of Firenze.

Poland started to westernize..

6zoOtNH.jpg

Yarkand got attacked also, because why not. Our steamcooker needs more ingredients before we try to get PEACE.. Peace, god forbid o_O

4g5mwl2.jpg

Mutapa got reduced to their heartland and Naxosian Africa became really big.

"WHAT have these map makers been smoking? Wiz Weed? This map has Naxosian Africa and Naxosian WEST Africa on it... Redraw the map, and name it Naxosian EAST Africa.."

Suddenly, a young herald stumbled into the warroom. 'My emperor! The Pope is dead! They are in conclave now to elect a new Pope!"

tumblr_mo0qxfeae11s9c6nao5_500.gif

"I wonder.." thought Francesco..

bOOVBeh.jpg

Francesco had united in prayer with half the cardinals, and used 'donation based decision making' on the other half..

Result? Francesco became papal controller at very young age..

Important tip: some people say catholicism needs a buff. Well, maybe. Maybe not. If you assign a bit of papal influence, you can get the mission to become papal controller. IF you actually become Papal controller, you get 2 tolerance of the true faith until your ruler dies! This basically means -2 global unrest for Naxos until Francesco dies..
So, if the pope is OLD (well, isn't he always) and more importantly, if your ruler is YOUNG, invest all papal influence to get more chance to become next papal controller, after you took the mission.

It can net you DECADES of +2 tolerance of the faith in your nation if you are Lucky enough to become papal controller... And you will NOT lose this buff if someone else becomes papal controller.

Last edited:
Reactions: