• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Sorry to necro, but in the context of this most excellent thread, 'writing it off' and starting again would seem like a poor approach! Anyways, reason for post is the US list looks like it's missing the two Saipan CVLs from the 'ships completed by the end of the war' (noting they weren't commissioned until '46). They were also mentioned in Tzoli's post here:

https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/foru...rlds-naval-powers.529044/page-7#post-12825105

I think this is one of the threads that's so information-packed that the necro rule isn't applied.

Reactions:
Yo! It should be. @Had a dad where you at?
ya no :p

seriously though
If it was just about info, we would have a few pages of stickies, which is why this one won't be. If however someone thinks we should do a megathread of general info... maybe

Reactions:
A megathread of general info would actually be pretty helpful. Speaking of which, how easy would it be to 'copy' threads like this for the HoI4 forums as well, down the track when the game is released and people are trying to do historical builds and the like? Not trying to give you more work :p.

Reactions:
In fairness to the guy that isn't Had a dad, I did give this thread a special dispensation from thread necromancy earlier in its lifespan. ;)

I could probably squeeze in two more CVLs. But I'm not up for a test right now for some strange reason....

:D

Haha, is there anything you haven't tested? :). (Speaking of which, and sorry for missing it, but did you ever test if the UK could build its historic force levels? I'd guess yes, but would be curious if it ever got the 'Secret Master' treatment).

Haha, is there anything you haven't tested? :). (Speaking of which, and sorry for missing it, but did you ever test if the UK could build its historic force levels? I'd guess yes, but would be curious if it ever got the 'Secret Master' treatment).

I did a test a long time ago (pre-TFH maybe?) but didn't post the results here. I think I got damn close, but didn't quite make it.

I also didn't consult with the experts in this thread, so I don't have exact figures for building. Of course, good luck getting the AI to Lend-Lease the correct amount... :rolleyes:

I'm up for testing suggestions after I take a breather from the last test. 1505 IC was breathtaking to behold, if even for two days. :)

Reactions:
I did a test a long time ago (pre-TFH maybe?) but didn't post the results here. I think I got damn close, but didn't quite make it.

I also didn't consult with the experts in this thread, so I don't have exact figures for building. Of course, good luck getting the AI to Lend-Lease the correct amount... :rolleyes:

I'm up for testing suggestions after I take a breather from the last test. 1505 IC was breathtaking to behold, if even for two days. :)

1505 IC is monumental :cool:. I'd probably almost save your testing ammunition for HoI4 soon - it won't be long and you'll have a whole 'nother set of systems to test, and individual pieces of equipment to boot - you can test whether Germany can really have however many panzer IVs ready for Fall Gelb, and with the cruiser variants you can have fun with all the USN cruisers :).

By "have fun with all the USN cruisers" do you mean take a turret off & replace it with some torpedoes?

Reactions:
By "have fun with all the USN cruisers" do you mean take a turret off & replace it with some torpedoes?

Haha, I can't be as specific as you, but I do remember you, Director, bcoop and the other naval guys mentioning the various different types of US cruisers (some with heavier guns, some with more AA, and the like), and from the list in this thread, there were ten classes built during the war, so plenty of variety to be had, but deffo correct me if I'm off the mark :).

1505 IC is monumental :cool:. I'd probably almost save your testing ammunition for HoI4 soon - it won't be long and you'll have a whole 'nother set of systems to test, and individual pieces of equipment to boot - you can test whether Germany can really have however many panzer IVs ready for Fall Gelb, and with the cruiser variants you can have fun with all the USN cruisers :).

Shoot, I bet I can have 278 Panzer IVs ready for Fall Gelb. By cutting production of Panzer IIIs, of course. :p

Well, proton torpedoes are the only armament suitable for taking out the ray shielded thermal exhaust port on the inevitable Death Stars that will be produced, so it makes sense. Otherwise, our ships cannot repel firepower of that magnitude.

latest

Reactions:
Where can I find out something for Bulgaria' s fleet?

I've put together a spreadsheet of all the classes I could find that served between 1936 and 1948. The information on Bulgaria was patchy (and not always consistent between sources), and I'm gathering more detailed data on each ship and when I get to Bulgaria (probably sometime next year at this rate), I'll refine it, but what I've got so far is:

- Five auxiliary patrol vessels (likely civilian yachts or trawlers with relatively small guns plonked on them during wartime)
- Four S2 type MTBs, built in Germany, which began service with Bulgaria in 1939, 47.8 tons with a 20mm cannon and 2 21-inch torpedoes. Bulgaria originally planned to build more of this class domestically, but it didn't eventuate.
- Two Belmorec class Motor launches, built in the USA and commissioned in 1918, 77 tons with a three-inch gun.
- Four ex-US SC class submarine chasers, built in the USA during WW1, 77 tons with a three-inch gun.
- Six Drski class torpedo boats, built in France before WW1, 97.5 tons with two 20mm cannon and two 17.7 inch torpedoes.

In the context of HoI, none of those vessels comes close to getting into the game. If I've missed any you're aware of, I'd be very interested to know :).

Edit: For a good web source, try http://www.navypedia.org/ships/bulgaria/bu_index.htm - so far my data are only based on the Conways All the World's Fighting Ships books and I haven't gone through Navypedia, but Navypedia covers the smaller vessels more thoroughly (mostly), so you might find more here.

Reactions:
I've put together a spreadsheet of all the classes I could find that served between 1936 and 1948. The information on Bulgaria was patchy (and not always consistent between sources), and I'm gathering more detailed data on each ship and when I get to Bulgaria (probably sometime next year at this rate), I'll refine it, but what I've got so far is:

- Five auxiliary patrol vessels (likely civilian yachts or trawlers with relatively small guns plonked on them during wartime)
- Four S2 type MTBs, built in Germany, which began service with Bulgaria in 1939, 47.8 tons with a 20mm cannon and 2 21-inch torpedoes. Bulgaria originally planned to build more of this class domestically, but it didn't eventuate.
- Two Belmorec class Motor launches, built in the USA and commissioned in 1918, 77 tons with a three-inch gun.
- Four ex-US SC class submarine chasers, built in the USA during WW1, 77 tons with a three-inch gun.
- Six Drski class torpedo boats, built in France before WW1, 97.5 tons with two 20mm cannon and two 17.7 inch torpedoes.

In the context of HoI, none of those vessels comes close to getting into the game. If I've missed any you're aware of, I'd be very interested to know :).

Edit: For a good web source, try http://www.navypedia.org/ships/bulgaria/bu_index.htm - so far my data are only based on the Conways All the World's Fighting Ships books and I haven't gone through Navypedia, but Navypedia covers the smaller vessels more thoroughly (mostly), so you might find more here.
Very informative! But as I played in HOI 3, there is a Drzki, but battleship. There is also a carrier or...cruiser - Nadegda. Also a TP flottilla. But I didn't know so much for Bulgaria's flottilla in real life. I only know the names of a few of the torpedo boats - Drzki, Smeli, Letyashti and I think Shumiashti. Thx again!

Very informative! But as I played in HOI 3, there is a Drzki, but battleship. There is also a carrier or...cruiser - Nadegda. Also a TP flottilla. But I didn't know so much for Bulgaria's flottilla in real life. I only know the names of a few of the torpedo boats - Drzki, Smeli, Letyashti and I think Shumiashti. Thx again!

No worries at all :). I'm doing the groundwork for a mod that'll hopefully add in a lot of the smaller ships (definitely torpedo boats and sub chasers, the very small vessels will depend on the UI's ability to manage them, and the AI's ability not to do silly things with them), so have got a lot of data together on the various navies. It's not a perfect set of data, but it's getting there. I haven't seen any evidence of a Bulgarian battleship, carrier or cruiser (at any point in history), but I'm sure you could build them playing as Bulgaria and out-do their historic naval performance :).