National Ideagroups - 25th of October

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Pomerania

1. Legacy of Pirates: Privateer Efficiency: +15.0%
I wonder where you got the inspiration for that one.
The only thing I can think of are the Victual Brothers and Klaus Störtebeker, but this would be more fitting for Mecklenburg.

Anyway, it´s a quite unique approach for a german baltic state and it could be a lot of fun to fight for the supremacy in the Baltic

Naxos: officially the best WC nation? xP (If only they had a point of dip rep).
Yeah, looks extremely powerful. But you forgot
Code:
Time to fabricate claims: -20.0% 
Latin Roots: Technology Cost: -5.0%
, which are about of equal importance.

Throw in things like
Code:
Legacy Of Crusaders: Yearly Army Tradition: +1.00
Archipelago Feudalism: National Unrest: -1.00

and it's easily one of the best idea sets around the globe.

I'm kinda bumbed about kiev ideas.
They just aren't very good all around. Not even interesting.

I wasn't expecting some super military state but I was expecting something a little more unique.
Perhaps Ruthenia will have something unique?

I'm kinda bumbed about kiev ideas.
They just aren't very good all around. Not even interesting.

I wasn't expecting some super military state but I was expecting something a little more unique.
Perhaps Ruthenia will have something unique?

Well, you have to admit it's kinda tough to create unique NIs when there're so many already. I wouldn't know how to create a 'unique' NI anymore, everything exists already.

Well, you have to admit it's kinda tough to create unique NIs when there're so many already. I wouldn't know how to create a 'unique' NI anymore, everything exists already.

Kazan has 'no additional costs for reifnorcing army' while France has 'less native attacks and more income/pop from assimilated natives'

See? It is possible to invent original NIs :D

Bonuses to westernization and overextension limit are not present yet. So is the monarch points pool, while having something like: Ilya Murometz - +100% to max monarch points kept will be kinda cool.

What if i tell you that it takes between 45 minutes and 3 hours to do a single NI set properly? Its not really hard, its just tedious.

Damn, I get used to new NIs being revealed early in the morning and after last dev diary Wiz started delaying them until afternoon D:

Where are next...

What if i tell you that it takes between 45 minutes and 3 hours to do a single NI set properly? Its not really hard, its just tedious.

I'm not saying it's hard. I'm just thinking it's pretty much impossible to create 'unique' sets because there's only a certain amount of bonuses you can add and they're all present in some NIs already. Which obviously results in NIs being similar after you've reached a certain amount.

Kazan has 'no additional costs for reifnorcing army' while France has 'less native attacks and more income/pop from assimilated natives'

See? It is possible to invent original NIs :D

'no additional costs for reinforcing army' is not really that unique though, it was already used in horde-ideas

Kiev

Traditions
National Unrest: -1.00
Missionary Strength vs Heretics: +1.0%
  1. Mother Of All Cities: Yearly Prestige: +1.00
  2. Heritage Of The Rus': Diplomatic Reputation: +1.00
  3. Fending Off The Invaders: Fort Defense: +15.0%
  4. Chernozem: Production Efficiency: +10.0%
  5. Center Of Orthodox Church: Missionary Strength: +1.0%, Tolerance of the True Faith: +1.00
  6. Support Local Traders: Merchants: +1
  7. One To Rule Them All : National Tax Modifier: +10.0%
Ambition
Morale of Armies: +10.0%

Instead of "Center of Orthodox Church" I'd use "Second Jerusalem".

This is OT here, but if Kazan at last gets some love and attention, may be it is time to correct its leaders name list? Last time I played EUIV it had generals with names like "Qabayeva", which looks wrong, because 1) it is russified, 2) it is a feminine form.