National Ideagroups - 25th of October

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I love how Naxos becomes the first nation to have have both a Core-Creation Cost Reduction and Diplomatic Annexation Cost Reduction... Kinda makes me wanna play them.

I also love how you're saving Iceland for the later reveals! I can't wait!

What?? Iceland has own NI? O_O OMG WHEN DID YOU HEAR THIS

also... NAXOS... :DDD THE FIRST NAVAL MARCH IVE SEEN? :p that's what ill use them as when playing venice at least :p

oh... they could totaly forget iceland. it wasn't evern independant for this entire time period ;-;

would be nice hypothetical situation, though!!! Akranes FTW >:O

OH, and still no Mutapa... but I predicted they were waiting till the last day already, so no surprise there.

But when it lands? Pure awesome. Nothing by piles of gold and zebra cavalry.

I hope Paradox will forget Iceland.

When I first launched this game, I looked at Iceland and the Norwegian islands and kind of snickered to myself thinking, "oh silly Paradox, those weren't that closely integrated into Norwegian society in 1444!" But the more I think about it? They were hardly independent, either. And remember that in 1444, Norwegians still spoke West Norse (although that was falling apart rapidly after the plague), making the cultural difference between Iceland, the Faroes, Shetland, and Orkney relatively small. EU4 doesn't really have a decent way to model the relative autonomy of islands, other than the new autonomy system — and it'd be needlessly harsh to just slap a minimum autonomy on all offshore provinces.

...Although I could get behind a minimum autonomy on all provinces not sharing a sea zone with your mainland.

edit: as for Kazan... They trade land leader shock for maneuver, and lose lowered attrition and maintenance in favour of a morale boost. Morale is strong, but land leader shock is stronger, especially for hordes, and with horde armies, the -20% maintenance is fantastic. I think Oirats are going to be the dominant AI horde in 1.8 still, purely because of their early game power by grace of Esen Taishi.

edit2: Isn't a migration cooldown idea relatively useless? That's an entire slot completely gone as soon as you get more than one province.

I think they're gonna forget about Iceland.
I think they never even thought about Iceland.

Iceland-man, why don't you have a full proposal for Iceland? Traditions, ideas, ambition, descriptions, flag.

I love how Naxos becomes the first nation to have have both a Core-Creation Cost Reduction and Diplomatic Annexation Cost Reduction... Kinda makes me wanna play them.

I also love how you're saving Iceland for the later reveals! I can't wait!
Sarcasm, I hope.
An Icelandic nation at any point in the EUIV timeline is little else than an amusing concept.
Well, if it could somehow exist without being able to form army forces...
Iceland fielding an army of almost any size in that era is not feasible.

Nerf to Kazan. No more land maintenance cost reduction, no +1 shock and it'll be easier for Muscovy to conquer them using attrition war.

Tribal Legacy: Time to fabricate claims: -20.0% WTH! why do you need that for a nomad nation?

Fishy, fishy.

Iceland-man, why don't you have a full proposal for Iceland? Traditions, ideas, ambition, descriptions, flag.

Sounds like fun!

ICELAND

Traditions
Colonial range: +60
Ship durability: 10%

1. Icelandic Sagas: Yearly Prestige: +1.00
2. Aid Our Allies In Greenland: Global Settler Increase: +25
3. Life Of A Fisherman: Production Efficiency: +10%
4. Inuit Trade: Trade Efficiency: +10%
5. Execution Of The Catholic Bishop: Tolerance of the True Faith: +1.00
6. Newfoundland Wood: Ship cost -15%
7. Stoic Pride: Discipline: +5%