National Ideagroups - 23rd of October D - Inca

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
By the way, can anyone educate me? Is that historical, that South Americans didn't have major contact with Mesoamericans?

Only a very thin strip of jungle filled land connects the continents and neither the Aztecs nor the Incas were major seafaring nations, their capitals being far inland and having just recently formed their empires in 1444.

Last edited:
Only a very thin strip of jungle filled land connects the continents and neither the Aztecs nor the Incas were major seafaring nations, their capitals being far inland and having just recently formed their empires in 1444.

That said, the TI is a bit ridiculous, but it is in most places really. Sub-Saharan has it the most obnoxious, as do Indian/Chinese, but even Europe gets shafted there to a degree.

Spain always had an inland capital and that never stopped them.

The Inca had boats, but only used them for fishing and guano harvesting.

The Aztecs had a lot of canoes, but their military value can't be represented when the lakes they operated on are smaller than the provinces armies fight over. If we ever see brown water navies in a Paradox Studio game I may have to eat my hat.

I've seen maps of the Colombia-Central American trade routes that implied they used sea travel, but don't actually know any facts on the subject.

They better not add a adm10 tech requirement to form incas, but that 1 colonist idea is very impressive, finally no compulsory exploration ideas for SAs.

You'll still want it badly along with expansion, because free cores on provinces of your culture without overseas penalty is worth much more than some +10% tax income.

You'll still want it badly along with expansion, because free cores on provinces of your culture without overseas penalty is worth much more than some +10% tax income.

Even if they buff the tech group there considerably, nothing is going to beat out the fast westernization, and nothing makes it faster than exploration.

Colonizing large tax provinces (5-7) in northern SA and the small Caribbean islands (which you can keep forever if you move capitol) also overwhelms alternatives. Exploration is the runaway favorite first choice. Expansion vs economic is a tough choice (gold will pressure your inflation and give you the chops to buy infrastructure), but quantity should be in there early too (cheaper power cost on buildings, more boats). In particular if you start colony jacking the Europeans and investing money into buildings at 40% discount economic seems really interesting. I guess you could get it 3rd or 4th after expansion though.

TMIT, I think you hit the nail on the head. Exploration > Economic > Quantity looks like the progression to go with. I've never looked at a non-European and said, "wow, I want to build a lot of buildings."

Expansion...doesn't look tantalizing to me anymore. Maybe after Quantity if I'm not lacking in ADM.

Even if they buff the tech group there considerably, nothing is going to beat out the fast westernization, and nothing makes it faster than exploration.

Colonizing large tax provinces (5-7) in northern SA and the small Caribbean islands (which you can keep forever if you move capitol) also overwhelms alternatives. Exploration is the runaway favorite first choice. Expansion vs economic is a tough choice (gold will pressure your inflation and give you the chops to buy infrastructure), but quantity should be in there early too (cheaper power cost on buildings, more boats). In particular if you start colony jacking the Europeans and investing money into buildings at 40% discount economic seems really interesting. I guess you could get it 3rd or 4th after expansion though.

Sounds good. But there are many new provinces and tribes. Some of this tribes have become NI. And when i read the map correct is there no big Inka. Do you think we are fast enough to colonize? Don't forget the main power change in europe. Spains NI colonist come later but Portugals colonial range will come early.

You have give me good tips for my native game. I have many learn. But in the moment i believe that AoW for natives will be hard also by intresting. We must more colonize and fight to control the new provinces. I don't know where i get all the mightpoints for this.

Last edited:
Sounds good. But there are many new provinces and tribes. Some of this tribes have become NI. And when i read the map correct is there no big Inka. Do you think we are fast enough to colonize? Don't forget the main power change in europe. Spains NI colonist come later but Portugals colonial range will come early.

You have give me good tips for my native game. I have many learn. But in the moment i believe that AoW for natives will be hard also by intresting. We must more colonize and fight to control the new provinces. I don't know where i get all the mightpoints for this.

There hasn't been a dev response on the Portugal change yet, since the numbering makes no sense as written. But, if Portugal does get +range earlier, the Spain/Portugal idea changes are a boon for Inca -- Spain gets its colonist significantly later so European colonization will overall be slowed, and Portugal makes landfall in Brazil earlier so Inca can begin westernizing earlier.

The biggest unanswered concern for all the Incan minors right now is how many cores are being shared around. If any given Incan minor has 40-50 base tax of uncored land to conquer (right now Inca+Chimu is 33 BT)...that's too much ADM to waste. Inca needs to get ADM 4 as soon as possible.

Finally Inca!

Today all my favourite nations received National Ideas :D second best NI day after Wallachia - Afghanistan - Majapahit

Wow, nice traditions.

This is second Incan idea... Do you guys realize how powerful it is?

Overall: nice imperial NIs.

Well the inca had presence on galapagos and easter island too. It makes sense. They weren't just mountain people they got out on the ocean :D

wrong?

http://enperublog.com/2008/08/15/did-the-incas-explore-the-pacific/

Inca got a lot farther than you seem to think, mr smarty.

Spain always had an inland capital and that never stopped them.

The Inca had boats, but only used them for fishing and guano harvesting.

The Aztecs had a lot of canoes, but their military value can't be represented when the lakes they operated on are smaller than the provinces armies fight over. If we ever see brown water navies in a Paradox Studio game I may have to eat my hat.

I've seen maps of the Colombia-Central American trade routes that implied they used sea travel, but don't actually know any facts on the subject.

also wrong, same reason.

There hasn't been a dev response on the Portugal change yet, since the numbering makes no sense as written. But, if Portugal does get +range earlier, the Spain/Portugal idea changes are a boon for Inca -- Spain gets its colonist significantly later so European colonization will overall be slowed, and Portugal makes landfall in Brazil earlier so Inca can begin westernizing earlier.

The biggest unanswered concern for all the Incan minors right now is how many cores are being shared around. If any given Incan minor has 40-50 base tax of uncored land to conquer (right now Inca+Chimu is 33 BT)...that's too much ADM to waste. Inca needs to get ADM 4 as soon as possible.

You don't just straight core it all. You spam claim missions (25 mil) --> take (25 ADM) missions, integrate (IE core) missions (10 ADM), and spread your expansion points between ADM and DIP (go ahead and use the annex vassal mission for 25 DIP and 25 ADM too). You focus first ADM, then DIP to concentrate points into getting to ADM 4, DIP 3 and exploration 2 ASAP.

As Maya I was able to get cores on all of Zapotec + Aztec and complete westernization by 1539. Mexico alone is 9 tax, and Aztec also has a 7 in there. That probably is 40-50 tax of conquest.