• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Nación Argentina II - Epilogue

Epilogue

The allied occupation of Argentina begun after the defeat of the last remnants of the once mighty Argentinian army in San Miguel de Tucumán in March 1949. The occupation was unpopular from the start with the Argentinian population and the occupying forces complained about armed resistance group that attacked their supply lines and troops daily. There was no sense in chasing them either, as the resistance groups knew the local terrain in and out and inflicted painful casualties on the allied troops,
who were often lured into ambushes in the countryside, mountains or the thick jungels that the resistance groups operated out of.

The Governing of the country was more or left handed to the allied troops and their commanders, becuase the Argenitinian politicians for the most part were showing their disgust towards the occupation and loyalty to their country, by not offering their assistance. The Argentinian polticians that did offer their servants were hated by the Argentinians, who saw them as traitors and collaberators, as they were working for the allied occupation forces that were greatly disliked by more or less the whole population. Thus these polticians had to be quickly dismissed and the allied regime were back to sqaure one, thus making no progress.

Douglas MacArthur commented in 1953 that; "The Argentinian people are an people who do not accept defeat, they remind me of the Japanese. There's a difference however, while the Japanese accepted the occupation after some time, the Argentinians have resisted us all along. We do not seem to be making any progress, the Argentinian population does not want us to be there, and they're doing a might fine job showing it. I will not be surprised if our weak military regime is pushed aside soon".

MacArthur's pessimistic analysis of the situation in Argentina would soon prove to be right. In March 2nd 1955 six years after the allied occupation of Argentina had started, a massive insurgency took place. Under the leadership of the Argentinian General Juan Domingo Perón, the right-wing resistance groups and elements of the so called allied "loyalist-army" that had been formed to help the allies guard Argentina, went on the offensive attacking allied bases and supply lines with furious determination, eager to see the allies thrown out of their beloved Argentina.

By July the allied posistion in the country had become desperate, the majority of the country had been taking over by the rebels and only the western provinces of Argentina, among them Buenos Aires still lay in allied hands. The war in Argentina had gotten very unpopular in the major allied countries and in both USA, UK and France, the majority of the population wanted the troops to be withdrawn.

One month later the allied troops had left Argentina, and the Argentinians led by their resistance hero General Juan Domingo Perón, celebrated their victory with feverish joy. As soon as he was elected president in the winter of 1955, Juan Domingo Perón started to fortify the entire shore of Argentina and Argentina's South American land borders extensivly. Argentinas soil should never again feel the pressure of allied boots trampling her down again.

The leaders in the allied countries were not pleased with the situation however and through their new new embassies in Argentina they again and again threatened Argentina with invasion.
However, the new and heavy fortifications in Argentina made the allied leaders doubt that any such invasion would work and even though their relationship with Argentina still was awful, the allies kept their armies on their own soil.

As the years passed many allied leaders became worried of the "red threat" that seemed to win more and more supports in Asia, and so the allied leaders began to search for new allies to help them in their struggle against the steadily growing communist enemy. And so ironically enough Argentina was after much diplomatic arguing, accepted as a member into the allies on July 6th 1960. Thus the countries that had violently fought eachother just a few years prior, suddenly became allies in the struggle against communism.

The End​

Thus this AAR is over for good, I will answer any questions you readers have about the finished product but other then that Im out of here! ;)

So you did actually fought to the very end =D
That's not something everyone does ;)

Btw, how did it go with Brazil and Uruguay? Did they still belong to Argentina after being granted independence?

And are you planning any new AARs :D
If you shall start a new co-op you can count me in

imanc said:
wow, that was unexpected.. but great actually!

Well Im sure it wasn't that unexpected :p , thanks for the praise. :)

Hannibal Barca2 said:
So you did actually fought to the very end =D
That's not something everyone does ;)

Btw, how did it go with Brazil and Uruguay? Did they still belong to Argentina after being granted independence?

And are you planning any new AARs :D
If you shall start a new co-op you can count me in

Yeah, I put my honour in it, no surrender! :mad: :p
Brazil/Uruguay/Chile got released from Argentina and got the independence, I thought that was so obvious that I didn't put it in the epilogue. ;)
I have actually started planning a new AAR, this time I would perhaps want a country with a bit more IC though. Im planning to put up a suggestion thread as soon as I have made up my mind, and if it's an CooperatAAR Il be glad to have you in. :)

chefportnen said:
Well it's over... that sucks.

Yeah kinda, though I see this defeat as a Pyrrhic victory due to the overwhelming allied forces I held back and defeated time after time through all these game-years. :cool:

General Jac said:
I have actually started planning a new AAR, this time I would perhaps want a country with a bit more IC though. Im planning to put up a suggestion thread as soon as I have made up my mind, and if it's an CooperatAAR Il be glad to have you in. :)

Great!

PM me or make a link to it in your signature :D