• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Austregisel

Admiral of the Fleet
55 Badges
Jan 15, 2016
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Imperator: Rome - Magna Graecia
  • Stellaris
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Imperator: Rome Sign Up
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cradle of Civilization
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rule Britannia
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Europa Universalis IV: Dharma
  • Europa Universalis IV: Golden Century
  • Imperator: Rome Deluxe Edition
  • Imperator: Rome
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Europa Universalis III: Collection
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Victoria 2
  • Europa Universalis 4: Emperor
  • March of the Eagles
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Darkest Hour
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • For The Glory
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
Can some one send a pic of your Myrmida's Empire? I want to form in the my currenty playthrought. But I wanted to see those that have already been restored.

• 3Like
Reactions:
I'm Trying but I just formed Tilea and it's already super unstable/crashing once every few years. Try using console commands?
It's stable here, I'm using 1 optimization submod and another submod that removes New World, and I started with Myrmidens, instead of starting with someone in Tilea or Estalia.

20200605033716_1.jpg

• 1Like
Reactions:
Can some one send a pic of your Myrmida's Empire? I want to form in the my currenty playthrought. But I wanted to see those that have already been restored.

I gotchu fam

remeanempire.PNG

Starting as the Princess Bride meme reference character, I conquered as many trade route provinces and kept as many trade posts as I could get my greedy little hands on, and proceeded to use my new license to print money to roll over everyone as fast as my own fabricated claims, landed claimants, forced vassalizations, and threat level would allow. I finally managed to click the button a few in-game years ago, and after that conquered the Reikland and Wissenland (the Prince of Miragliano had a claim for some reason) from Sigmar's Empire in a glorious war that definitely didn't require mercenary spam, a lot of luck, and two savescums.

(frickin Empire calling all their vassals to war and getting up to 100K troops grumble grumble grumble)

Currently, I'm sitting on 49% Threat, waiting for the rulers of the Siren Isles to stop fighting each other so I can peacefully vassalize them (because they're in a coalition against me alongside ~20 other people). After I vassalize them, I will rule the entirety of the de jure Remean Empire, plus the south half of Bretonnia, the Myrmidens, a bite of the Badlands, and a respectable slice of Sigmar's Empire (mine now bitch lol).

My favorite trick is to spam out as many of the Estalian pike and gunner retinue as I can, press an unlanded claimant's claim to a bite-sized territory previously owned by one of my enemies, and immediately declare Force Vassalization on the new Duke before they can join the coalition against me - then rinse and repeat until I can Force Vassalize my old enemy. Remas was the last of the independent Tilean states to fall to me, and they fell by this method.

On an unrelated note, my decidedly male Imperator is currently considered to be the mortal incarnation of Myrmidia, a decidedly female goddess.

Me: founds not!Roman Empire at the end of my dynasty's 200-year on-and-off campaign of conquest

My new subjects: "Congratulations, you are now technically a woman?"

Me: "I didn't think this through."

Thoughts on ruling large realms (and to some extent, ruling in general) in Geheimnisnacht:

You can safely ignore peasant, Beastman and Greenskin uprisings in the vast majority of cases in the late game, your vassal Kings and Viceroys can and will take care of them. This is good, because you will always have at least one of these uprisings occurring somewhere in your territory, sometimes up to four or five. The only winning move in rebel whack-a-mole is not to play... or at least to choose your targets wisely, for instance any smaller and weaker vassals you might have might not be able to defend themselves. Common danger signs include the rebels/invaders having sieged down a bunch of shit without being killed yet, and you suddenly inheriting the territory in question because your vassal and their family just got captured and murdered by Warbass Whatever of the Nth Greenskin Invasion of Bumfuckistan.

It is vital to kill any raiders that hit any of your demesne coastal counties. Getting your counties looted is made of suck, especially when you're trying to bankroll a 30K man retinue over here, goddess damn it... It is absolutely 100% vital to kill the raiders before they can siege down the top holding and thus destroy the trade post, because if you're a smart conqueror you're currently sitting above your trade post limit, so you can't rebuild after they destroy it, and if you let them do it your income is permanently nerfed. I would advise setting your messages so that when raiders arrive in one of your counties, you get a popup and pause.

(In my game, the raiding got particularly bad after Ulthuan fell to the Cult of Pleasure. Pray this doesn't also happen to you.)

After you get your money printing setup really up and running, consider filling all free holding slots in your country with cities, and then not bothering to assign the mayors to the local rulers afterward - instead, just keep them as your direct vassals, and set your tax law so you get max city taxes. In most cases (see below), your vassals' opinion of you is irrelevant, and this tactic nets you a lot of money. If owning trade posts in Geheimnisnacht is printing money, then direct city rule is money printing squared. I imagine it would be even better if you were a merchant republic, but MR runs get boring after a while. Counties with top level cities would probably be harder to defend from raiders anyway.

Every once in a while, your current ruler will die, and you'll discover that your heir, in his infinite wisdom, decided to join a Chaos cult. It happens. Just leave the Chaos cult and pretend you've never heard of them, and you can maybe probably usually pull off a long and happy reign. Just make sure you have a good Court Physician before you leave the Cult of Nurgle, you lose your magical disease resistance when you do and you probably have everything by now (I'm told this is an occupational hazard of being a Nurglite).

Vassal opinion:

After you get your succession law how you like it and impose Absolute Rule, your vassals' and even courtiers' opinion of you becomes mostly irrelevant... within reason. The only really super-duper bad thing you need to avoid doing, aside from tyranny stuff like in vanilla, is breeding magic into your dynasty.

Do not into magic. Myrmidians don't like it. Every time a witch in your court reaches adulthood, you get a decision to kill them or not, and if you choose not to kill them, your entire court and all of your direct vassals get a -30 opinion malus of you for 100 years (!), including people you previously chose not to kill after earlier encounters with this event (!!!), and this stacks every time you don't kill a witch (!?!?!). In the absolute worst-case scenario where you have to choose whether or not to kill a witch from your dynasty, consider doing it. Obviously you shouldn't do it if it might make you game over, but doing it doesn't get you Kinslayer. Even their spouse and direct relatives don't care. You can even do it to your own children with no penalty - which I suppose isn't the worst thing a CK2 player has done to one of their virtual children. At the end of the day, magic isn't that helpful. (There's an important distinction here between the event I'm talking about, the one you get when the character turns 16 and it's revealed they have magic, and that other event where your court priest drags someone in, declares that they're a heretic or whatever, and asks you to burn them at the stake. If you kill a member of your dynasty through the court priest event, you DO get Kinslayer, so maybe just imprison them instead.)

If you don't take the advice in the paragraph above, and commit to breeding magic into your dynasty and then not murdering half of your dynasts on command every generation, expect half of your vassals to try to press some random jackass's claim to your Empire, and the other half to try to declare their independence, while you're in the middle of conquering Reikland and Wissenland... and then some Orc declares a Waaagh on you, and then the King of Bretonnia inherits several counties from the middle of your Empire even though you already have the law that stops that, and then Barak Varr and their friends, half of the remaining Dwarf Kings, decide to take a city from you, and then, and then, etc. After all of that happens, you can usually expect the world to suddenly vanish and be replaced by an earlier version of the same world, only this time, over the course of a few years, most of your vassals die in mysterious circumstances... but that's neither here nor there.

As far as mods in this campaign go, I used Geheimnisnacht Legacy and Ratcatcher. The game crashes every so often, but I can usually salvage things from a save or autosave, so it isn't too horrifically bad. I think it has something to do with the Nurgle Rot event, sometimes when it appears in one of my counties and I click the "ok" for the event, the game crashes - so, possibly the other crashes are when that event happens to the AI.

Last edited:
  • 6Like
  • 1Love
Reactions:
I gotchu fam

View attachment 585988

Starting as the Princess Bride meme reference character, I conquered as many trade route provinces and kept as many trade posts as I could get my greedy little hands on, and proceeded to use my new license to print money to roll over everyone as fast as my own fabricated claims, landed claimants, forced vassalizations, and threat level would allow. I finally managed to click the button a few in-game years ago, and after that conquered the Reikland and Wissenland (the Prince of Miragliano had a claim for some reason) from Sigmar's Empire in a glorious war that definitely didn't require mercenary spam, a lot of luck, and two savescums.

(frickin Empire calling all their vassals to war and getting up to 100K troops grumble grumble grumble)

Currently, I'm sitting on 49% Threat, waiting for the rulers of the Siren Isles to stop fighting each other so I can peacefully vassalize them (because they're in a coalition against me alongside ~20 other people). After I vassalize them, I will rule the entirety of the de jure Remean Empire, plus the south half of Bretonnia, the Myrmidens, a bite of the Badlands, and a respectable slice of Sigmar's Empire (mine now bitch lol).

My favorite trick is to spam out as many of the Estalian pike and gunner retinue as I can, press an unlanded claimant's claim to a bite-sized territory previously owned by one of my enemies, and immediately declare Force Vassalization on the new Duke before they can join the coalition against me - then rinse and repeat until I can Force Vassalize my old enemy. Remas was the last of the independent Tilean states to fall to me, and they fell by this method.

On an unrelated note, my decidedly male Imperator is currently considered to be the mortal incarnation of Myrmidia, a decidedly female goddess.

Me: founds not!Roman Empire at the end of my dynasty's 200-year on-and-off campaign of conquest

My new subjects: "Congratulations, you are now technically a woman?"

Me: "I didn't think this through."

Thoughts on ruling large realms (and to some extent, ruling in general) in Geheimnisnacht:

You can safely ignore peasant, Beastman and Greenskin uprisings in the vast majority of cases in the late game, your vassal Kings and Viceroys can and will take care of them. This is good, because you will always have at least one of these uprisings occurring somewhere in your territory, sometimes up to four or five. The only winning move in rebel whack-a-mole is not to play... or at least to choose your targets wisely, for instance any smaller and weaker vassals you might have might not be able to defend themselves. Common danger signs include the rebels/invaders having sieged down a bunch of shit without being killed yet, and you suddenly inheriting the territory in question because your vassal and their family just got captured and murdered by Warbass Whatever of the Nth Greenskin Invasion of Bumfuckistan.

It is vital to kill any raiders that hit any of your demesne coastal counties. Getting your counties looted is made of suck, especially when you're trying to bankroll a 30K man retinue over here, goddess damn it... It is absolutely 100% vital to kill the raiders before they can siege down the top holding and thus destroy the trade post, because if you're a smart conqueror you're currently sitting above your trade post limit, so you can't rebuild after they destroy it, and if you let them do it your income is permanently nerfed. I would advise setting your messages so that when raiders arrive in one of your counties, you get a popup and pause.

(In my game, the raiding got particularly bad after Ulthuan fell to the Cult of Pleasure. Pray this doesn't also happen to you.)

After you get your money printing setup really up and running, consider filling all free holding slots in your country with cities, and then not bothering to assign the mayors to the local rulers afterward - instead, just keep them as your direct vassals, and set your tax law so you get max city taxes. In most cases (see below), your vassals' opinion of you is irrelevant, and this tactic nets you a lot of money. If owning trade posts in Geheimnisnacht is printing money, then direct city rule is money printing squared. I imagine it would be even better if you were a merchant republic, but MR runs get boring after a while. Counties with top level cities would probably be harder to defend from raiders anyway.

Every once in a while, your current ruler will die, and you'll discover that your heir, in his infinite wisdom, decided to join a Chaos cult. It happens. Just leave the Chaos cult and pretend you've never heard of them, and you can maybe probably usually pull off a long and happy reign. Just make sure you have a good Court Physician before you leave the Cult of Nurgle, you lose your magical disease resistance when you do and you probably have everything by now (I'm told this is an occupational hazard of being a Nurglite).

Vassal opinion:

After you get your succession law how you like it and impose Absolute Rule, your vassals' and even courtiers' opinion of you becomes mostly irrelevant... within reason. The only really super-duper bad thing you need to avoid doing, aside from tyranny stuff like in vanilla, is breeding magic into your dynasty.

Do not into magic. Myrmidians don't like it. Every time a witch in your court reaches adulthood, you get a decision to kill them or not, and if you choose not to kill them, your entire court and all of your direct vassals get a -30 opinion malus of you for 100 years (!), including people you previously chose not to kill after earlier encounters with this event (!!!), and this stacks every time you don't kill a witch (!?!?!). In the absolute worst-case scenario where you have to choose whether or not to kill a witch from your dynasty, consider doing it. Obviously you shouldn't do it if it might make you game over, but doing it doesn't get you Kinslayer. Even their spouse and direct relatives don't care. You can even do it to your own children with no penalty - which I suppose isn't the worst thing a CK2 player has done to one of their virtual children. At the end of the day, magic isn't that helpful. (There's an important distinction here between the event I'm talking about, the one you get when the character turns 16 and it's revealed they have magic, and that other event where your court priest drags someone in, declares that they're a heretic or whatever, and asks you to burn them at the stake. If you kill a member of your dynasty through the court priest event, you DO get Kinslayer, so maybe just imprison them instead.)

If you don't take the advice in the paragraph above, and commit to breeding magic into your dynasty and then not murdering half of your dynasts on command every generation, expect half of your vassals to try to press some random jackass's claim to your Empire, and the other half to try to declare their independence, while you're in the middle of conquering Reikland and Wissenland... and then some Orc declares a Waaagh on you, and then the King of Bretonnia inherits several counties from the middle of your Empire even though you already have the law that stops that, and then Barak Varr and their friends, half of the remaining Dwarf Kings, decide to take a city from you, and then, and then, etc. After all of that happens, you can usually expect the world to suddenly vanish and be replaced by an earlier version of the same world, only this time, over the course of a few years, most of your vassals die in mysterious circumstances... but that's neither here nor there.

As far as mods in this campaign go, I used Geheimnisnacht Legacy and Ratcatcher. The game crashes every so often, but I can usually salvage things from a save or autosave, so it isn't too horrifically bad. I think it has something to do with the Nurgle Rot event, sometimes when it appears in one of my counties and I click the "ok" for the event, the game crashes - so, possibly the other crashes are when that event happens to the AI.
This was a lot of fun for me to read, thank you!

• 1Like
Reactions:
Update: My Tilean culture Imperator finally died after twenty years of rule, and the Empire was inherited by an Estalian culture character. The name of the Empire thus immediately flipped to "Gran Estalia", which I thought was funny.

granestalia.PNG

I've also claimed and conquered Istrabul from the Tomb Kings for the holy site. I would say I'm really feeling the lack of Holy War CB right now, but I'm really not - conquering Istrabul kicked me up to 75% Threat (!) so I get to sit here for a while lol

I can confirm that your ruler still has the Myrmidia Incarnate trait after succession. He's still a dude, though.

• 2Like
Reactions:
Update: My Tilean culture Imperator finally died after twenty years of rule, and the Empire was inherited by an Estalian culture character. The name of the Empire thus immediately flipped to "Gran Estalia", which I thought was funny.

View attachment 586126

I've also claimed and conquered Istrabul from the Tomb Kings for the holy site. I would say I'm really feeling the lack of Holy War CB right now, but I'm really not - conquering Istrabul kicked me up to 75% Threat (!) so I get to sit here for a while lol

I can confirm that your ruler still has the Myrmidia Incarnate trait after succession. He's still a dude, though.
What surprises me most is that Strygos graduated and Settra didn’t take all of Araby and Badlands in the meantime.

What surprises me most is that Strygos graduated and Settra didn’t take all of Araby and Badlands in the meantime.

The Borderlands briefly united under the banner of the Northern Border Confederacy, but then there was a rebellion, and all of the Confederacy broke free. The NBC survives as a one county Kingdom. The largest chunk was the Kingdom of Stygia, which later had its own rebellion, from which, in true borderlander fashion, a new Kingdom broke free - the Stygian Woods.

No one ever accused them of creativity.

One generation ago, the King of Stygian Woods married a Kislevite princess and converted from Vampiric to Ursun. Stygia promptly declared a Tributary War on their new available target.

Also Barak Varr conquered some weak coastal stuff, because they're a Merchant Republic in CK2 and have been known to do that.

This is the short history of the Borderlands in my playthrough.

As for Settra, he was overthrown by a faction of his vassals in 2137, and fled into exile from his Kingdom in the Principality of Rasetra, in Lybaras. His vassals have been in a chaotic civil war more or less for the entire period since then. The Sultan of Agrabid, who has united the entirety of Araby except for the stuff Settra conquered, prays to his God every day that the Tomb Kings will continue to fight each other, and not him. Also I conquered Istrabul. This is the short history of Nehekhara and Araby in my playthrough.

As for the badlands... I try to ignore the badlands. It is a land without logic.

badlands1.PNG

badlands2.PNG

• 2Like
Reactions:
Me: checks patch notes for new mod version (that's Legacy 1.13 for those curious)

The notes: "Reforming Myrmidia will now give you byzantine elective"

Me: FUCK

• 3Like
Reactions:
W
Me: checks patch notes for new mod version (that's Legacy 1.13 for those curious)

The notes: "Reforming Myrmidia will now give you byzantine elective"

Me: FUCK
What