• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
If you get the popup "Oops the game has crashed..." then it mentions a folder with 3 files, that we need. That folder is found where the game is installed. If you have it on Steam just right-click on the game in your Library, select Properties, then the tab Local Files and click Browse. Then attach the files in the crash folder here (the name of the folder is a date followed by a number, so like 2021-05-11-32435)

If you do not get the popup, then the game still creates the output_log.txt which will help us see what happens. It can be found in the Cities_Data folder found the same way as above.

If you get the popup "Oops the game has crashed..." then it mentions a folder with 3 files, that we need. That folder is found where the game is installed. If you have it on Steam just right-click on the game in your Library, select Properties, then the tab Local Files and click Browse. Then attach the files in the crash folder here (the name of the folder is a date followed by a number, so like 2021-05-11-32435)

If you do not get the popup, then the game still creates the output_log.txt which will help us see what happens. It can be found in the Cities_Data folder found the same way as above.
here is the output log, the crash popup does not appear

Attachments

• output_log.txt
    29,9 KB · Views: 0
What does happen? Does the game crash or shut down unexpectedly? Does it give you an error? How far into the game do you get before this happens? And is it the same if you try to start a new game?

What does happen? Does the game crash or shut down unexpectedly? Does it give you an error? How far into the game do you get before this happens? And is it the same if you try to start a new game?
I don't get to start a new game, it crashes the moment I click on anything in menu, sometimes it lets me click 2 times. It shows no error window, just exits as if it was killed

That error also means you have run out of memory, usually from a lot of workshop subscriptions.

Make sure to attach the whole crash folder here. It has more info we may need.

The error log will have your memory and page file stats that will show if you were low on memory when it crashed.

1) the only workshop mod I have is loading screen mod
2) it happened even with -noWorkshop -disableMods start options
3) i had over 6 Gb free ram every time I tried, and resource monitor on second monitor showed over 3Gb ram free at all times when trying to start the game
4) unfrtunatelly I can't provide the crash folder because it was not created when I tried it, and yesterday I started upgrading my PC and ran into some problems, so I can't send anything rn

Verify the game files through Steam. Here's how that's done:

Then shut down any other apps you might have running, especially any that create an overlay while the game runs. Leave the launch options -noWorkshop and -disableMods in Steam and try starting the game again. If it happens again, please attach another output log from that attempt.

no idea what was the problem, but after changing cpu, mobo, ram, getting new disk and reinstalling os it works

That was a bit extreme. But next time, maybe just try reinstalling windows first. Likely just some corrupt files on your system somewhere.

at least I ended up with 50% cores with every core being 2 times faster, 2 times more ram, over 2 times faster ram and system being quieter.

Yes, it sounds like you were about due for an upgrade. I'm sure the RAM will help the most. Too bad GPUs are impossible to find anymore without paying three times the price.

Yes, it sounds like you were about due for an upgrade. I'm sure the RAM will help the most. Too bad GPUs are impossible to find anymore without paying three times the price.
32GB ram is not needed in most cases, and my gpu is fine, I spent a lot 2 years ago on 2080ti and now laugh at people who sold theirs and have empty pcs

32GB ram is not needed in most cases, and my gpu is fine, I spent a lot 2 years ago on 2080ti and now laugh at people who sold theirs and have empty pcs

It is true you can do well on 16GB of RAM. But it will cost your virtual memory that is very slow, which can cause lag and even low fps.

I own all DLC and my system loads my new city to 24GB of total memory used, and that is with zero workshop.

I recently upgraded to 64GBat Christmas, and I couldn't believe how smooth it ran, even with a ton of workshop, from not paging stuff in and out of RAM so much

Last week I got a 6800 XT video card with 16GB of VRAM, and it is so much more smoother again, as my city doesn't have to page out assets in and out of the GPU as much.

Individually, each upgrade makes a minor difference, but collectively, my system goes 35-45 fps on larger cities, and 40-50 fps with the fps booster mod, when zoomed into a busy intersection.