• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I could help out with graphics if you guys want (I have actually already made some personal changes). I'm not an artist, but I can however alter some things, and I could give you my portrait files. I've changed every culture in the game except for those that are based off German or English cultures.
I've also changed some gfx files. It also uses some files from CPR+ but if you want my files I'll make my own versions of them (but I think altering and redistributing GFX art may need Paradox approval).
Some examples: http://imgur.com/a/GhdI3

I know this is from months ago, but those portraits look really good. Is it just a case of merging the english and german portrait types?

For those not aware, you can get the latest version at https://github.com/JonStryker/Witcher (link is also provided on the front page, it just redirects to that one).

Not much is happening with development at the moment as far as I'm aware, the Slack has been mostly quiet. Stuff I've been wanting to do has been waiting on team validation for a while before I commit to anything (map and title changes primarily). As for the team, I'm pretty sure everyone has just been busy. Personally I'm in the middle of finals so I'd expect similarly for some others.

Jade Dragon hasn't been great for development since it basically throws this big mechanic at the mod that doesn't really have a viable use in-game. I don't actually own the DLC, and no one has seemed very passionate about the mechanics and what they can do for Witcher Kings--specifically, the main mechanic, the Chinese Empire, just doesn't have an amazing use, and not much more out of the DLC offers much at all. The biggest thing in development lately has been the new bookmark, which is almost done as far as I'm aware, and the team has been discussing a bit about societies and which ones would fit, but I never had the time to code societies and I'm not sure how far anyone else has gotten.

All I can really say at the moment is to be patient with the team, updates will come when they can. There isn't any major directions the team collectively wants to go, so suggestions for potential new features, changes, etc. would be appreciated, at least by me. I can speak for at least my self when I say I don't have a massive drive to do work for the mod currently because there aren't many things I realize the mod needs, despite the mod definitely needing some more meat, and it's been like that for a very long time.

Tir ná Lia is in another dimension.

That's not to say it's not impossible or a bad idea. That's what I think would work the best but it's a pretty big thing to step into before knowing there's any effect on the gameplay at all while also not being overbearing (*cough* Aztecs *cough*). That's where design choice comes in: should the epic events we see in Witcher 3 be referenced through events, being the more "canon" to the games way of doing it, or should players have drastically more control over those events, and if so, how much is appropriate; in other words, how important should canon characters be to the gameplay? Design philosophy aside Tir ná Lia was planned to be included in some way way before I started playing Witcher Kings, and the mechanic may be the best option to incorporate it, it's just quite the undertaking and the team isn't big or active enough to take something like that on right now, I would say.

Latest mod version posted by Audiate is up for what game version ?

Should be all good for 2.8.1.1, be sure to report any bugs, ctds, inaccuracies, etc. if you find any. :)

That's not to say it's not impossible or a bad idea. That's what I think would work the best but it's a pretty big thing to step into before knowing there's any effect on the gameplay at all while also not being overbearing (*cough* Aztecs *cough*). That's where design choice comes in: should the epic events we see in Witcher 3 be referenced through events, being the more "canon" to the games way of doing it, or should players have drastically more control over those events, and if so, how much is appropriate; in other words, how important should canon characters be to the gameplay? Design philosophy aside Tir ná Lia was planned to be included in some way way before I started playing Witcher Kings, and the mechanic may be the best option to incorporate it, it's just quite the undertaking and the team isn't big or active enough to take something like that on right now, I would say.
Aen Elle never invaded world of Witcher, they just have been kidnapping some peasants to use as slaves. Without Elder Blood they can't even transport large number of people. I am not against adding them in some way, but it would be weird if in every game they would sooner or later start conquering entire kingdoms.

So, I just noticed that Ciri is not in flagged as biologically related to people who she should be biologically related to (I'm trying to avoid spoilers). I saw an old post that said this was meant to avoid spoilers, and to avoid succession "problems." I have a question below, which contains spoilers for the Witcher 3:

Is there any way to properly flag the real Ciri as Emir's daughter? If so, how can I do so? One of the possibly canon endings (game canon, obviously, not book canon!) of TW3 has Ciri become empress of Nilfgaard and marry Emir, so her not being in the line of succession and marked as his daughter is frustrating for someone trying to recreate that ending.

I want her to be his daughter so that she will inherit the throne is Emir dies before they can sire a child. It seems logical to me that, if he was married to the real Ciri and she was the empress, that everyone would know she was his daughter and there would be no doubt or question about the issue.

So, yeah. Basically, how do I get the real Ciri back into Emir's line of succession as his daughter? I know how to force them to marry using the console, but making her his child is beyond me...

So, I just noticed that Ciri is not in flagged as biologically related to people who she should be biologically related to (I'm trying to avoid spoilers). I saw an old post that said this was meant to avoid spoilers, and to avoid succession "problems." I have a question below, which contains spoilers for the Witcher 3:

Is there any way to properly flag the real Ciri as Emir's daughter? If so, how can I do so? One of the possibly canon endings (game canon, obviously, not book canon!) of TW3 has Ciri become empress of Nilfgaard and marry Emir, so her not being in the line of succession and marked as his daughter is frustrating for someone trying to recreate that ending.

I want her to be his daughter so that she will inherit the throne is Emir dies before they can sire a child. It seems logical to me that, if he was married to the real Ciri and she was the empress, that everyone would know she was his daughter and there would be no doubt or question about the issue.

So, yeah. Basically, how do I get the real Ciri back into Emir's line of succession as his daughter? I know how to force them to marry using the console, but making her his child is beyond me...

Go to the mod directory and navigate to history > characters > 105000_cintran_calanthe.txt. Open the file in a text editor and scroll to the very bottom, where you will find the character block for Ciri. There is an entry in her block called father, which is commented out. Delete the #; this will reactivate the entry.

In The Witcher 3 ending in which Ciri becomes Empress, she doesn't marry Emhyr. Rather, the Epilogue states that "After years in exile, Ciri returned to Nilfgaard, her paternal home, where Emhyr prepared to name her his successor." This implies that Emhyr either abdicated in her favor, or groomed her to replace him after his death.

In regards to spoiler stuff:
alderbane is right; in The Witcher 3, Emhyr changes his old offer of incestuous marriage to one where Ciri just inherits and continues the line as Ciri var Emreis (Fake Ciri obviously wasn't a part of his bloodline and thus would be a backup option to have a child with, but since Ciri is already his direct bloodline, his weird marriage idea was no longer the important part), though you could argue that Morvan Voorhis and/or Jan Calveit ascending to the throne meant that Ciri's line either never continued beyond her or she never took the title--the games have made the series' current ending pretty open ended like that, not in that fans are left wondering "what happened," but instead "what do *I* think happened." And this happened before if I remember right, after Witcher 2 but before Witcher 3, I remember Voorhis being regarded as the next emperor, which is negated by Emhyr returning in TW3, but that could have been misremembering on my part. Personally I think that open-endedness leaves Witcher Kings's development to be both open to interpretation, but subsequently, limited to a mod that just fills in enough gaps to let the player have their own personable takes on the "what happened" portion, which in the case of WK, is the gameplay. But modifying the mod, though something I find myself doing a lot with most mods I play to get the best out of a playthrough, isn't something that should be required to get the most out of the mod. I don't know just how many situations like that are in the mod currently, but it might be something worth looking into for a future update (allowing Ciri to enter Emhyr's line via event or something).

Can you be more specific what kind of help is currently needed ?

Message Romulien about joining the slack, I would invite people myself but I'll contently blame my 1am haziness on me being an idiot and unable to figure out how to invite people. When development was last in swing we were conceptualizing about Witcher schools/playable Witchers. If you're sufficient in society and/or event modding and are interested in that, it'd be a big help. There's also some stuff for the map, I had some changes made spots across the map that need accompanying terrain changes (the painter in me goes overboard with detail) and height maps, namely for the Isles of Skellige. I haven't touched them in a while, and several changes are in separate files, so this weekend I'll have to find them all and figure out what changes make the most sense. Skellige's also going to need significant rework (potentially a total start over) for the titles for the new map, it's not hard stuff if you know how its done, it can just be super tedious. And of course, artists are always helpful once new content is introduced, whether for trait icons, artifact or society graphics, or whatever. There's probably current stuff that could just look better, so if you think you can do better with anything it'd be appreciated to see.

Go to the mod directory and navigate to history > characters > 105000_cintran_calanthe.txt. Open the file in a text editor and scroll to the very bottom, where you will find the character block for Ciri. There is an entry in her block called father, which is commented out. Delete the #; this will reactivate the entry.

In The Witcher 3 ending in which Ciri becomes Empress, she doesn't marry Emhyr. Rather, the Epilogue states that "After years in exile, Ciri returned to Nilfgaard, her paternal home, where Emhyr prepared to name her his successor." This implies that Emhyr either abdicated in her favor, or groomed her to replace him after his death.

Thanks for the help! I have dabbled in modding this game a bit, but I wasn't confident in my ability to change history files. You gave very clear instructions.

As for your spoiler comment;
I guess I just heard that part of Emir's plan mentioned in the story so many times that my brain just automatically assumed that must've been part of that particular ending. I should've read the epilogue more clearly. I never considered that he would do anything else if he did get finally get her other than marry her, without considering why he wanted to marry her in the first place.