• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Once the shared religious head feature is introduced by Paradox, would you be able to allow both mainland Catholic and Insular cardinals and popes? Also, will the Fraticellis or Coptics have their own papal elections?

This mod is primarily focused on Rome. But after I am done with everything related to the papacy itself, these mechanics could be re-used for other religions. It could be fairly easy.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Thank you! To be honest, this mod is focused on the papacy, past that period of tusculan papacy. There are many events that happened that are interesting, but I try to choose/model things that I have a clear vision for in the game.Catholicism in CK3 needs a lot of work. And I'm trying to come up with mechanics that allow the player to have fun but also affect things that they are unhappy with such as fervor, bad bishops etc... I don't see much purpose in trying to recreate the Tusculan Papacy, at least not yet.

As for Investiture laws and anti-pope, I will be including that, but not exactly like CK2.

That's reasonable, thank you for the response. Excited to see what you'll come with.

Looks very promising so far, I appreciate the free DLC you're making. ;)

It's already pretty ambitious, but are there any plans to model the rise of the Papacy as a dominant force, with the Gregorian Reforms in the 11th century? Prior to it, the independence of the Papacy was often questionable, with the 'Tusculan Papacy' as an example, or the HRE-appointed popes. You also have the consequences of the Papacy trying to assert itself, such as the Investiture Controversy, along with its subsequent anti-popes and anti-kings. I think it would be very interesting. If nothing else, it would be neat to reintroduce Investiture laws as you had in CK2.

I've put a bit of thought into it before. I think one start would be to bump the pope down to ducal rank and use the "patrimony of st peter" kongdom, created by event by suitably powerful/ambitious lords in the region, to model the tusculan subugation of the papacy. A prospective prince of rome would have to be crowned emperor/king of Italy to legitimize their position, otherwise the title would be destroyed on succession.

The electoral process would have to be reworked to allow local lords and powerful lfigures like the HR emperor or king of italy to appoint a pope (or "influence" the election), probably trading off on fervor. Tie to a stronger church and diocese/investiture system to incentivize foreigners to want to liberate the pope (that and limit the crusades to only happen if the Pope isn't a vassal).

I've put a bit of thought into it before. I think one start would be to bump the pope down to ducal rank and use the "patrimony of st peter" kongdom, created by event by suitably powerful/ambitious lords in the region, to model the tusculan subugation of the papacy. A prospective prince of rome would have to be crowned emperor/king of Italy to legitimize their position, otherwise the title would be destroyed on succession.

The electoral process would have to be reworked to allow local lords and powerful lfigures like the HR emperor or king of italy to appoint a pope (or "influence" the election), probably trading off on fervor. Tie to a stronger church and diocese/investiture system to incentivize foreigners to want to liberate the pope (that and limit the crusades to only happen if the Pope isn't a vassal).
I like that idea!

It should be "swirling", "allegiance", "God", and "Holy Mother Church", by the way. I don't mean to be an ass, it's fantastic work, absolutely DLC-tier by the looks of it; I just want to help make sure small errors in the text don't break that spell.

• 2Like
Reactions:
Did you abandoned this idea? When yes mabby you should give Data free that someone else can finish it. The idea is to good to be left behind.

Sorry!

Not really, I've been waiting until the major issues in the game are addressed. It seems that it's taking a lot longer than I had imagined. There are some singleplayer issues and particularly multiplayer issues that made me stop playing the game few weeks after release which is really not what I expected considering how excited I was about this game.

It seems that the devs are trying to address such matters. Worst case scenario, I'll release a preliminary version of this mod soon with the foundation mechanics in place, that other modders can expand and add flavor/ more events to, if they want. But I'll definitely do that.

If anyone is interested feel free to message me. Thanks!

Sorry!

Not really, I've been waiting until the major issues in the game are addressed. It seems that it's taking a lot longer than I had imagined. There are some singleplayer issues and particularly multiplayer issues that made me stop playing the game few weeks after release which is really not what I expected considering how excited I was about this game.

It seems that the devs are trying to address such matters. Worst case scenario, I'll release a preliminary version of this mod soon with the foundation mechanics in place, that other modders can expand and add flavor/ more events to, if they want. But I'll definitely do that.

I would like when y release a preliminary version. i am really interested in the mechanic to set y relativs as pope in.

Sorry!

Awesome!
Loved it. How can I get this mod?