• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

maxk94

Colonel
94 Badges
Nov 4, 2012
  • Hearts of Iron IV: No Step Back
  • Hearts of Iron IV: By Blood Alone
  • Victoria 3 Sign Up
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Imperator: Rome Deluxe Edition
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Stellaris
  • Surviving Mars: First Colony Edition
  • Crusader Kings III: Royal Edition
  • Darkest Hour
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Victoria 2
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Warlock: Master of the Arcane
  • Steel Division: Normandy 44
  • Rome Gold
[Supports: English, German, French, Spanish]
Offers an handmaden SHATTERED WORLD-SCENARIO (scroll down for more Infos)
This mod balances the game in a more realistic and immersive way:
Play on HIGH DIFFICULTY to get an AI which can handle my changes !!!
Ingame: Have always a look on possible decisions!

- more impactful Religions- and Heritages for every region on the map!

- slower Assimilation and Conversion will end monoculture-empires.

- Stability affects the Happiness of your people massive

- High Stability is the best way to handle high AE or Tyranny

- the fastest way to assimilate and convert infidels, and to integrate "uncivilised" people are cities with a temple and theatre / to make religious endowments.

- Political Influence prices are rebalanced, many options are cheaper, so you have a better choice to make.

- Much longer Buildingtimes to be more realistic and to make the decisions where you recruit more strategic

- Characters and especially generals are much more important

- Traits got reworked and improved.

- Divide et Impera! Pay Attention on you Characters and Generals PowerBase!

- Rebalanced laws to make them more impactfull. Republics got very strong laws, Monarchies are less complex to play.

- Republican Parties are more interesting!

You can find changes to vanilla in the Changes-Tab of this Mod-Site!

You can also discuss my changes in the Discussion-Tab!

ATTENTION: IF MOD IS CRASHING, RESUBSCRIBE TO FIX!
GAME FREEZES AFTER START - NO PANIC, NEED JUST A MOMENT!

#######################
### Integrated mods ###

"2.0 Better UI" by Agamidae https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1845165876

"Imperators' Navigable Rivers" by Licarious Fenir https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1727566868

"Interesting Treasures" by Pureon https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2254903759

"Great Wonders Refined" by JULIANOS https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2421502831

Integrated parts of mods:

Stupas-Wonder from "Improved Buildings 2.0" by Dragonpants/MattAlexi https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1894471253

##################################
### MY shattered-Word-Scenario ###

Stop the big blobs in the east, they can be shattered by a Decision only available on 1st October 450!!!

HOW TO Play a new country generated by the Decision-"HOST a shattered world!"?

Start the game, take a nation, click the decision "HOST a shattered world 1/2!"
Directly after that, "HOST a shattered world 2/2!" appears - click on that too!

Now make a save and go back to the menu!

Click on Multiplayer (even if you wanna play solo!), "Load a Multiplayer-Savegame" and load your Savegame!

Now youre in Lobby and you can pick one of the new countries in the shattered world!

Have fun and feel free to make a suggestion!

###########################################

This mod on steam: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1873862752

Attachments

• 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    554,1 KB · Views: 0
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    566,1 KB · Views: 0
  • 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    607,3 KB · Views: 0
  • 8.jpg
    8.jpg
    567 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
  • 5Like
Reactions:
expansion much more slower.
well expansion itself - in terms of warscore - its easier, you can take more - but same Base-AE like in Vanilla. And AE impacts on Stab harder. And WE does it too. Wrong Culture Group and Wrong Religion? People will not like you. And: Assimilation and Conversion is much slower. Without any techs and not enough Investments in your states, with low stab your multiculti-empire might gonna die. If one Province declares Independences, all other Provinces will lose -10 Loyalty instantly. Forts are very important to keep Unrest low if you have low stability from conquest. But Forts (and on Rank 5 armies and fleets also) get much more expansive. Your economy needs to handle it. To conquer is one thing, to keep that another.

Oh and dont be surprised: Lower Ranked Countries get big boni on Character Loyalty and many Costs (I dont like the Idea of civil wars in Citystates) - it could seems that my Mod make the game much easier - Want a challenge? Play a Great Power. Not in India ;)

Last edited:
  • 3Like
Reactions:
Hello there,

i am still learning the game, so i may not understand every concept perfectly. Howether, i still want to give some feedback (two games with macedon up to 280 BC):

-The heavy stability drop in wartime feels good. After i barely survived a hefty Antagonid invasion, a Taulentian adventure i started and a civil war at the sime time, my stability was at zero. Howether, not a single province (including a bunch of just recently conquered Antagonid client states) tried to get independent until 9 years after the end of the Antagonid war - this needs to happen faster. A nation with stability at zero should start to splinter in months.

-The decisions for the urban centers dont feel right. You should either automate this system, remove it or integrate it better (into a new building lr infrastructure for example).

-I also dont like the other decisions. They dont fit in the game and feel very off, despite the fact that most of the mechanical changes of the mod feel very good and are well integrated.

-Some tooltips and UI elements dont look right, but nothing major.

-I think that at least the earliest one or two military laws should not have legions. While i agree that legions need to be available sooner and all laws should be viable, legions for every law dont feel right.

-I dont think if the AI (set to hard) can handle athe changes in a good way. AI in my games was very passive, there was very little action in and around greece after the initial Antagonid war, eypecially with larger nations.

Keep up the good work. Overall, a promising mod.

Reactions:
-The heavy stability drop in wartime feels good. After i barely survived a hefty Antagonid invasion, a Taulentian adventure i started and a civil war at the sime time, my stability was at zero. Howether, not a single province (including a bunch of just recently conquered Antagonid client states) tried to get independent until 9 years after the end of the Antagonid war - this needs to happen faster. A nation with stability at zero should start to splinter in months.
Provincial loyalty is a long term thing...but if one province declares independence, all other provinces lose -10 Loyalty. The hit by low stability is hard enough but not destroying if you get high fast. Long time low stab is more risky,

-The decisions for the urban centers dont feel right. You should either automate this system, remove it or integrate it better (into a new building lr infrastructure for example).
decisions have the good thing that you can decide if you want it or not thats why it's no automated....and for new players it's also a good thing if they now which cities are preferable to develop - improving the AI is another reason for it

-I also dont like the other decisions. They dont fit in the game and feel very off, despite the fact that most of the mechanical changes of the mod feel very good and are well integrated.w
other Decisions like? Alms giving or Suspend Military Service f.e are options to increase stability without political influence. These resources are just available with good economy and peace. Decisions like "Enact roman laws" offers all nations a law combination makes different experiences. This decision also gives some boni makes the start smoother (ai get it too)

-I think that at least the earliest one or two military laws should not have legions. While i agree that legions need to be available sooner and all laws should be viable, legions for every law dont feel right.
legions drill for military experience is necessary....to make all laws viable all laws give legions...but just for capital region except the last one.

-I dont think if the AI (set to hard) can handle athe changes in a good way. AI in my games was very passive, there was very little action in and around greece after the initial Antagonid war, eypecially with larger nations.
play on hard is recommended to get an AI handle my changes - AI just declares war if stab is high. I can say, after some years AI can be very aggressive, if youre in a war already, also weak nations can attack you if theyve enough stab

• 2Like
Reactions: