• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Before I used your tutorial_society_interface.gfx I had the "normal" background from "secret religions" (at work at the moment, so I cant really look how it is named).

If it changed after you installed my GFX code it mean that the code is at least half working, the error could be 2 things:
The location of the file, is the gfx\\interface\\societies\\society_bg_schwanz_society.dds correct?
The encoding is wrong and the game can't read it properly. These are settings for DDS:
MYuWtdR.png

It is probably dirrefent for GIMP but some things should be similar, specially the 8.8.8.8 line is important.

If both of these don't work eh..... Could you try swapping your picture for a vanilla one and see if it work?

A big thanks to @Maal for his work.

I a currently using it.
I've also made my own contribution by making an empty/generic rank icons set.

Here's a preview of how it looks with the various layers.
You can easily change the colours with the hue balance filter, saturation, light etc.
The file included is .pdn usable with Paint.net
I didn't included specific symbols in the tutorial file.

For your society, you'll need 3 versions with :
-frame+colours+your symbols+indicators.
-same, but without indicators
-same, but without indicators. Greyscaled.

I have tried to made it for GIMP. You may try and use it.

Attachments

• frame.zip
    3,5 KB · Views: 14
Hey guys, just FYI, I think there is either a fat bug or I misunderstood something. When I try limiting the AI people joining and also who can join as AI, I have to include this into the AI join event, otherwise the member count and also who is joining is just random pick ignoring whatever stands in the "can_join_society" - restrictions of the society description.

EDIT: There is also an interesting part in the vanilla code:

character_event = {
id = MNM.10031
hide_window = yes

is_triggered_only = yes

immediate = {
random_list = {
95 = { # do nothing
}
5 = { # try to join a society
modifier = {
factor = 2
higher_tier_than = BARON
}

random_list = {
700 = { } # Fall back dead weight --> for what is this?

100 = {
trigger = {
can_join_society = monastic_order_benedictine
}
modifier = {

Last edited:
Gotta include the restriction (can_join_society) into each event that make the AI join the society, as those on the society description is only for clicking the button, which the AI doesn't do. Like you can see in the code you've posted:

trigger = {
can_join_society = monastic_order_benedictine
}

About the "700 = { } # Fall back dead weight", it is another way, alongside the "95 = { # do nothing", to prevent too many people from joining too many societies.

@Maal First off, thank you so very much for this! My first attempt at a society was a disaster and I gave them up to concentrate on other modding tasks. Now, thanks to your template, I have one coming together rather well. But... my knowledge of digital image manipulation isn't quite up to par on one component and it is really bothering me.

Do you know how (or at least know how to duplicate) the effects they used for the symbol_small_* graphic files? I primarily use Gimp but many photoshop techniques can be duplicated in it if I could figure out what they did. Anyway, I tried simply tweaking the transparency, but that wasn't it. I tried black to alpha, and then tweaking the transparency and that got me closer but still wasn't close enough for me to be happy. I am guessing they used multiple layers with different effects on different players but I'm at a bit of a loss as to where to go and what effects to try. It almost looks like a show layer mixed with a layer with black to alpha and then a very high transparency (25% opacity or so) but if that is it I'm still not quite getting it "close enough". Might be my shadow layer?

Mmh I'll try to make you something in photoshop on how I do it, I hope it'll be enough to help with Gimp.

LMw0ZLI.png

This took longer than I've expected it too. You can tweak the darken, i have it at 50% but it should probably be lower like 33.

Sure, feel free to ask!

I should probably update this since Holy Fury added a few things.
Just updated!

Last edited:
Hi there.

I'm having problems with my "Mission/Quest" part of my Society.

Could you send me or show me how to find some QUEST TEMPLATE?
I've made the ranks, the necessary conditions to join in.

Now I'm having problems withe the Quests.

For example:

I want a quest where characters have to kill/assassinate.

ASSASSINATE ANYBODY. The idea is the crime.
The quest is: "Assassinate anybody from other religion".

In other rank it will be: "Assassinate anybody from your religion."

Can you help?
Thx.

@aghanael
What part is causing you trouble? The "giving" of the quest, or the decision/killing part of the quest?

Hiya is there a way to remove societies completely from the game? I tried to make the requirements to join societies impossible but that didn't work, then I tried to delete the file completely. This might just be a problem with coding in general but I'd still like help if possible

You want it always-off/baseline, or a way in-game to remove them as you play?

Do you know how to make a basic mod? The whole file structure and .mod file? Check the wiki about that first. It ain't that complicated and it is better than to edit the vanilla files directly.

After your made your basic folder and .mod:
In the folder of your new mod, add a folder named common . In that folder, add another one named societies . In that societies folder, add an empty text file file named 00_societies.txt .

Enable your new mod in the launcher, if no other mod you use add the societies back, they should be gone (if you do use mods that add them back, go delete the 00_societies.txt file in them). That empty text file will overwrite the one with the same name with... its emptyness. It could cause some issues and errors tho, as the game try to find them. But it didn't crash for me in the 2 years I've tested.

Do you know how to make a basic mod? The whole file structure and .mod file? Check the wiki about that first. It ain't that complicated and it is better than to edit the vanilla files directly.

After your made your basic folder and .mod:
In the folder of your new mod, add a folder named common . In that folder, add another one named societies . In that societies folder, add an empty text file file named 00_societies.txt .

Enable your new mod in the launcher, if no other mod you use add the societies back, they should be gone (if you do use mods that add them back, go delete the 00_societies.txt file in them). That empty text file will overwrite the one with the same name with... its emptyness. It could cause some issues and errors tho, as the game try to find them. But it didn't crash for me in the 2 years I've tested.

Yeah I made the mod folder and .mod suggested in the wiki prior to posting, i think it might be mods or something. Also Love cultural bonuses

@murderingfamily
Glad you like cultural bonuses.

But your answer didn't really tell me if you got your mod working or not. I believe you meant that other mods overwrite yours?