[Mod Release] JK_MinorAdjustments - fixes some minor file / canon errors

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
You are quickly becoming my personal modding hero. :)

Another error found in HBS files:

* Atlas stores its AC/20 ammo in the legs, should be re-located to display beneath AC/20 in right torso

I keep forgetting that one! Thank you :) Have you ever given me your callsign and MW name for the pilot mod?

Man, the LaserBoat Atlas is all sorts of messed up. Has an AC/10 but uses AC/20 ammo (2 tons in torso, 2 tons in the legs). Has no extra heatsinks and the armor is wonky as all heck!

Last edited:
Crosspost from NexusMods. Paradox seems the better forum to post things under as it is more active.

Is the LRM fix not included in this latest update? It is listed, but there are no files for these.

Also, I see that there is a COM-2D file, but no listed changes to this mech.

I'm really just finding things left out so I can get my pilot into your pilot mod! :)

LRM fix is in the 1.03b that is coming soon ;)

The Commandos and Spider all suffer from an incorrect max head armor rating (30 instead of 45)

I apparently never noted it in the list - even though I provided the fix - so.... please message me your details ;)

Version 1.03b is out

Basically, all the stuff reported in the Bug thread is fixed - also includes an excel file for anyone who wants to adjust an error in the MetadataDatabase.db.

Feel free to report bugs in the BUG thread too - I will add them to the running tally. There are still a few spelling errors I know of in dialog, but I have to find the damned file / MDD entry before I can fix it :p

Bug Thread : https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/foru...d-sample-fix-files-added-in-mdd-typo.1098156/

The mod DOES cause issues with MP Skirmish (as it thinks you are cheating). So I just verify files before going into MP Skirmish, then dump these back in (along with copies of my main MDD and VersionManifest files ;) )

What was the LRM fix? I'm not seeing it mentioned in this thread, but I could just be skipping right past the post.

@GenTask got the right of it.

Most of the 'fixes' are typos or errors when they did automated json creations (which also stem from typos).

To be fair, even the Griffin-4N comes from a typo - where the TRO Record Sheets incorrectly listed the model as the GFN-4N and HBS just replicated that.

There are also discrepancies with the various star system coordinates, which only bothers the cartographicaly oriented folks (which includes me, which is why I have another mod that redirects those).

LRM fix is in the 1.03b that is coming soon ;)

The Commandos and Spider all suffer from an incorrect max head armor rating (30 instead of 45)

I apparently never noted it in the list - even though I provided the fix - so.... please message me your details ;)

Yeah just noticed that last night - Need to fix it in my game!

Have you considered setting the mechscale size from 1.25 to 0.90 in this mod, as it get the size closer to the numbers of TT?

.60 actually is almost exact, but its a bit too small for the camera programming.

I have it on 1.0 for my personal run.

But, this mod is less of a mod, and more of a bunch of file fixes.

While changing the 'Mech height could be considered a fix, it is more one of personal preferences than an cosmetic fix (like correcting spelling errors) or an error (like jump jets in the arms).

I can provide you the file if you like - or guide you to where to make the change :)

Thanks, but I already have adjusted them in my game. I used the power poles along the roads as a scale, as those are generally 40 foot tall (give or take) which had me down below the 0.65 realm. That proved too small as the effects and the UI didn't look right, and the camera angle was wonky. So at 0.85 now, which is better than the original Big Body Stompy Mechs that the game shipped with, but still nag at me.
Wish that HBS would have followed the databooks and set the sizes from there, then done the camera, effects, etc.

/rant off.

Is there any chance of you making this modtek compatible like your variants mod?

Sadly many of the benefits of this mod would not apply through BTML / ModTek.

It would change things like :
  • Incorrect Stats
  • Spelling Errors
  • Fluff Errors

It would not fix things like:
  • errors in file structure on the original file

That later part (fixing the missing or excess commas mostly) is the part that seems to help with making things run smoother.

The reason why it doesn't work, is that the main game still reads the original files first, before then loading over the BTML files. I may well be wrong, but in my initial testing, this is what it seems to do.

Does that make sense?

In the next version, I will post a BTML option, but it really will only fix the first list.

NOTE : This does impact Skirmish MP mode, as it sees these 'fixes' as potentially cheating/editing files. I will see if we can use a mod manager to implement a redirect instead for 1.03b - to make it easier to toggle back to vanilla mode.

This *should* be doable to some degree. I bet the MP Skirmish mode only checks the mechs themselves for "cheating." If you were really interested in making this happen, you could bundle the cosmetic changes as one mod which involves overwriting your OCD things, and then all of the mech stuff in another which gets injected using the loader. That is, assuming, that it doesn't view injected mechs as "cheating," which it honestly could.

Might have found another one.

If you're rated as "Friendly" by the Magistracy of Canopus, then their rep says "I think you'll find our conservation more than fair."

I'm thinking that maybe that was supposed to be compensation, not conservation.