[Mod Release] JK_MinorAdjustments - fixes some minor file / canon errors

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Wow, that is one of the most jacked up 'Mechs from the core files I've seen.

Looks like the torso items wound up in the arms, and an extra heatsink in the CT.

Fixed and adding.

Please toss me your MW Callsign and name for my next mod ;)

As an aside, do you collect and report these to HBS, or should I be sending them in separately as bugs?

Just gruese, thanks!

That mini-campaign sounds awesome. Would that be possible without decompiling the binaries?

Not totally sure.

I have been able to achieve a few things with the map - though they will require adding a few lines to the MDD.db - which is always fun :p

Once I get the Variants mod stable and corrected for 1.03 (once it is released as a current branch patch), then I want to move on to the storline mod.

As an aside, do you collect and report these to HBS, or should I be sending them in separately as bugs?

I had been sending them (some I even sent back in the Beta, but they are really low impact things) - I'll likely do a larger consolidated post when I release the patch.

EDIT : I posted it as a consolidated Bug Report for all the files. Hopefully some of them will get adjusted in the 1.04 patch.

Last edited:
Found 2 other Errors while perusing the reports

Zeus has max 3 JJ - should be 4.

The Highlanders have more armor than they should - due to the issue of max armor not being a whole #. I am thinking it makes the most sense to just add the extra point to the CT rear as the most benign location - otherwise the 'Mech comes up with an alert. Thoughts?

Last edited:
.. and another potential error:

Weapon_SRM_SRM6_2-Holly shows an "Accuracy Modifier" of -5. Likely a type and should have been -2.

[...]
The Highlanders have more armor than they should - due to the issue of max armor not being a whole #. I am thinking it makes the most sense to just add the extra point to the CT rear as the most benign location - otherwise the 'Mech comes up with an alert. Thoughts?
Are you talking about when people hit the max armor button, or are you talking about the stock loadout?

Found another - Trebuchet is 40 ton shy on max CT armor.

Are you talking about when people hit the max armor button, or are you talking about the stock loadout?

No. In the tabletop game, there were upper limits to max armor on a 'Mech (which were also added to this game). However, there were a few cases where adding the max armor for a chassis resulted in a fractional amount of tonnage. Since you had to buy armor in .5 ton increments, you could wind up having to buy .5 ton of armor to fill out the last .1 of needed armor, leaving you with .4 of weight technically unused on the 'Mech.

Ok, adjusted the Highlanders and moved the 'bonus' armor to the rear CT.

Also adjusted the LRM5/10/15_2-Delta files to show the corrected instability value (4) instead of 5. The LRM20 was already correct.

Super thanks for this mod.. i dont know what you did but i installed it last night and my game has never run better.. :)

No lag on pressing buttons. No lag in missions and the game seems to run much smooter.. :) So super thanks and keep it up..

Super thanks for this mod.. i dont know what you did but i installed it last night and my game has never run better.. :)

No lag on pressing buttons. No lag in missions and the game seems to run much smooter.. :) So super thanks and keep it up..

The mod is great, but not to the point of making the game run smoother. That was probably patch 1.0.3, which has several users reporting better stability and performance.

I can report that 1.0.3 does deliver on some of the performance improvement that was promised. There are still little lags, but they don't seem to be "exponential" with more saves or inventory or whatever, just short and consistent and not game-breaking any more.

No lag on pressing buttons. No lag in missions and the game seems to run much smoother.. :) So super thanks and keep it up..

Heh - I can't imagine that the fixes made things run better, though maybe fixing some of the missing/extra commas might help prevent some hanging/leaks in some minor way.

As others mentioned, it is more likely due to the overall 1.03 patch.

Heh - well, if it works, then I am even more thrilled ;)

Do people want an adjusted UrbanMech (with its slower base speed) added to the mod?