• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Elgar Mod Logo.png

Hotfix 2.1.2b "Mussorgsky"

Here is a small patch, fixing an issue with painters not being available.

General
- Compatible with 1.6.1
- Also available on Paradox Mods

Characters
- Andreas Schelfhout (Dutch Painter)

Fixes
- Fixed a false Trigger for Painters
- Fixed Lagerlöff DNA error

Localization
- Improved some parts of the German localization

>>>Download via Steam<<<

>>>Download via Paradox Mods<<<

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions:
Elgar Mod Logo.png

Hotfix 2.1.2c "Mussorgsky"

Fixes
- Fixed an error which prevented to acquire masterworks

Economy
- Classical Orchestra: 15 Instruments generate 10 Music (before: 10/7.5)
- Romantic Orchestra: 30 Instruments generate 20 Music (before: 20/15)
- Wagnerian Orchestra: 45 Instruments generate 30 Music (before: 30/25)
- Last Opera PMs: 60 Instruments generate 40 Music (before: 40/35)
- Changed Trade quantity of Instruments from 15 to 5
- Changed price for Music from 85 to 80

Pop Needs
- Music is now also a luxury item. Its maximum share is 20 %, its minimum supply share 5 %. Weight is 50 % (way less than other luxury items).
- Changed Instrument weight in luxury goods to 25 %, making it the good with the lowest weight (after music).
- Changed default good in leisure category to fine art (from music).

Localizations
- Improved some parts of the German localization

>>>Download via Steam<<<

• 1Like
Reactions:
Elgar Mod Logo.png

Hotfix 2.1.2d "Mussorgsky"

General
- No more error warning because MR was listed as 1.6.1 compatible (it always has been compatible since 1.6.0)

Fixes
- The Painter will now meet another painter instead of a ghost, when on a educational journey.
- Promoting an artist will no longer promote that type forever.
- The dinosaur rating to complete the Dinosaur Rating quest is no longer top secret and will be displayed correctly now.

Quality of Life
- Added icons to the notifications.
- Added icons for artists, so you know if they are good or bad.

Monuments
- Added Potala Palace in Lhasa at game start
- Added Buddhas of Bamiyan at game start

Localizations
- Improved German localization

>>>Download via Steam<<<

• 2Like
  • 1Love
Reactions:
Diarium XXXV

Rate my Artist

It has been a while since the last Dev Diary. This is mostly due to both Marco and I having a lot of other things up, as well as having been sick multiple times lately. Nonetheless, we are hard at work, and I would like to show you some things that are new or in work.

ModCon.jpg

ModCon​

First of all, you might have noticed a new loading screen. We will participate at this years ModCon on April 26th to 28th. The ModCon is a huge, streamed event where many mods get to present themselves. Apart from CK3 and Imperator Rome, this year’s ModCon is the first to allow Victoria 3 mods to join.

We will (if everything works out) be there with a trailer and a presentation. And there are many other amazing mods that will be featured. It would be great to see you there!

Artist Ratings​

Next up are some Quality of Live changes that I started to add in the last few weeks. Starting with the new rating system for Artists. When I played the mod a few weeks ago (I didn’t know it was possible to actually play it and not just mod it ;P ) I noticed that I had a hard time keeping track of good artists. And I know all the systems behind it.

So, I decided to implement a system that lets you quickly estimate how good a specific artist is. Therefore, I added a rating icon that changes depending on various factors. I hope this will provide you a good help with choosing the right artist for yourself.

20240322185703_1.jpg

I also wanted to add additional insight into how the rating gets created, so those ratings have tooltips in them. Additionally, the tooltips again have tooltips if you want some hints.

20240325221813_1.jpg

20240325221822_1.jpg

20240325221829_1.jpg

I also added the rating system for new artists, so you have a chance to compare the new artist with your current one and choose the better.

20240326215326_1.jpg

Obviously, the rating might not be perfect all the time, so I recommend looking at the factors and decide depending on those.

I’m quite excited for this addition and look forward to hear, what you think about it. I might also add a similar rating for the scientists later down the road.

Fossil Overview​

Another new addition is an overview of all the special fossils that can be collected. I basically copied the system for the Zoo animals because I liked it a lot. So now you can easily find out, which special fossils you are missing and where to find them (although some might consider that to be cheating ;) ).

20240331135959_1.jpg

(Also note the new fossil I added at the end of the list)

The icons were created by using art from public sources that are either Creative Commons licenced or in the public domain. Ideally, I would love for an artist to create unique icons though, so if you know anyone who would like to do something like that, let me know!

I would like to implement a similar system for dinosaur skeletons and major artifacts as well in the future.

Bears and Wolves​

Another small addition is the ability to breed Grizzly Bears in Europe and Wolfs in Asia and North America. So, you can now finally have brown bears in Europe and Wolfs in way more places.

Tiny Additions​

Then we also have two very small additions that you might not even notice. For one we added a fancy new icon for all Morgenröte Events. It even gets displayed in the start menu of the game (just sadly not as owned out of technical limitations).

20240330102841_1.jpg

I actually designed that icon myself and was quite happy with it, so I added it as the icon for the Morgenröte concept as well :)

20240330102549_1.jpg

The other addition is the greatest archaeologist ever. Platyana Jones finally made their way to Morgenröte as our new error deer snake platypus.

20240330092536_1.jpg

I got an artist to create it for me and now it is my favorite thing as a modder because I can always see it when I mod :)

You will probably not get to see it that often, but if you want you can use Platyana for yourself (just not for commercial uses). I have two versions of them here, that you can download if you want.

platyana_jones.jpg

platyana_jones_background.jpg

I would also like to thank RedditAlternative (https://www.deviantart.com/redditalternative) who created the art for me.

Seriously, the ModCon!​

So that’s it for today. Make sure to join the ModCon for all the great mods and I hope to be back with a new Dev Diary soon!

Last edited:
  • 6Like
  • 1Love
Reactions:
I've noticed the code relating to the Matterhorn and Mount Everest is "deactivated". Are there any plans to put these summits into the game?
There are a few features that I'm not completely happy with, namely the safari and mountain climbing. If I have a little more time once the art update is finished, I would like to take care of both elements again. This also includes the implementation of these two iconic mountains, which I would like to do something special for. Mount Everest was not climbed in the time frame of Victoria 3, but I would like to make it so that it should be possible, with a lot of effort. But I would prepare something nice in peace.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Elgar Mod Logo.png

Hotfix 2.1.2g "Mussorgsky"

Fixes
- Various smaller fixes
- The AI remembers how to do Paleontology again!
- North American animals can now properly be bread.
- Travelling Composers now start with the right amount of compositions.
- Engineers do no longer cash in on finished infrastructure projects. Instead you do no longer pay them for doing nothing.
- The painter Traits now have descriptions.

Game Rules
- Added a game rule to lower the research boosts you get from various events.Buildings:
- Reworked Opera PMs so that the AI changes to the higher tiers more often, also reduced the workforce for the higher tiers.

GUI
- There is now an overview of all the possible dinosaur skeletons in the tooltip of the total dinosaur skeletons.
- There is now an overview of all the dinosaur bones from different regions.
- There is now an overview of all the planets in the tooltip of the number planets.

Naturalists
- You can now breed the Grizzly Bear in Europe.
- You can now breed the Eurasian Wolf in Asia and North America.Quality of Life:
- Composers now have a complex rating system that allows you to estimate which one is the best for you.
- Painters now have a complex rating system that allows you to estimate which one is the best for you.Archaeology:
- Added two more random archaeological events for the Inca.

Paleontology
- Added a new Formation in New Zealand (only available when restarting the game).
- Added a new fossil, the Haast Eagle.Localization:
- Improved some German localizations.

Other
- Added an Icon for Morgenröte that will be displayed in Events.
- Platyana Jones is now our error platypus!
- Replaced the loading screen with a ModCon loading screen (Watch it on April 26th - 28th)

>>>Download via Steam<<<

• 2Love
  • 1Like
Reactions:
Ah, I see the cooking expansion has finally arrived! Are they shaped like animal crackers, or more like loaves? :p
Obviously they will be chicken nuggets shaped like animals (and dinosaurs)!

Fun Fact of the day: Many people still imagine the T-Rex in an upright position because of T-Rex-shaped chicken nuggets :D

Reactions:
Obviously they will be chicken nuggets shaped like animals (and dinosaurs)!

Fun Fact of the day: Many people still imagine the T-Rex in an upright position because of T-Rex-shaped chicken nuggets :D

Many people still imagine T-Rex sounding like "ROOOAR", when in fact it sounded more like "buk-buk-bawk".

• 1Haha
Reactions:
Karesak played Morgenröte for 4 hours on Twitch. Thank you so much! You can find the stream here (it's in German, however):

Last edited:
Second part of the Morgenröte Stream in German by Karesak:

• 1Like
Reactions:
Dubois Mod Logo.png

Update 2.1.3 "Franklin"

Changelog for 2.1.3 "Franklin"

Characters
- John Franklin (starting Intelligentsia leader of Tasmania)
- Johann Gottfried Galle (random German Astronomer)
- Henry Dupont (random French Naturalist)
- Stephen Alfred Forbes (random American Naturalist)
- John Thomas Gulick (random American Naturalist)
- Ora Willis Knight (random American Naturalist)

GUI
- Added a better picture for the Antarctosaurus.
- Added an overview Tooltip for all the major artifacts. You can now easily figure out, where you can find an artifact.

Academics
- The amount of specialized Universities now affects the starting experience of your academics.
- Traits of the Naturalist now have a bigger influence on events.
- Added new Traits for the Naturalist: Zoologist, Botanist, Entomologist and Marine Biologist
- When an Academic is retiring, you will now learn what they do after their retirement instead of them just disappearing.
- Traits of the Paleontologist now have a bigger influence on events.

Northwest Passage @m_spencer
- Added a new Scientific Expedition to find and cross the Northwest Passage.
- Theoretically possible for any nation with interest in Pacific Coast, North Sea or Canada (has additional recquirements like Technology, Navy size and Admiral).
- 30 Events concerning ostacles, exploration, scientific research and lost expeditions.
- Expeditions with a high success chance may cross the Passage and get a large bonus; expeditions with a low success may go missing like the Franklin Expedition.
- If no nation crosses the Passage until 1906, a historical event will trigger for Norway (if it exists), including Roald Amundsen doing the historical journey. The bonus is not as good as the original bonus.

Carrington Event
- Added Carrington Event. Will be named after the discoverer. Discoverer will get a bonus.
- All nations will get an astronomical bonus, depending if they have an astronomer, an observatory or magnetic institute; will get extras if they have everything.
- Telegraph offices will get a malus for a year.

Neptune
- Added four different options in the Neptune JE: Buy additional Instruments (+5 Astronomical Objects), Exchange Star Maps (+5), Improve Telescope (+10) and Academic Synergies
- This will make the race for the Neptune a bit more interesting; you still need to be an advanced country, however, considering technologies and university levels; it will still be difficult, but less random.
- Neptune JE now visible for players all the time.

Inca Archaeology
- A new archaeological adventure for a major Inca artifact.
- Machu Picchu can be found before 1900 (and start Inca expeditions) when all recquirements are met.

QOL
- Added better descriptions to the scientist and artist spawn events.
- Added a rating system for the Astronomer to easier understand how good an Astronomer is.
- Added a rating system for the Naturalist to easier understand how good a Naturalist is.
- Added a rating system for the Paleontologist to easier understand how good a Paleontologist is.

>>>Download via Steam<<<

Last edited:
  • 2Like
  • 2Love
Reactions:
Hey, it has been a while since i've checked the state of the mod, which is pleasant to see that it's still pretty active! Thanks for that! But I have a question, why has the mod left the Royal Conference discord server?

• 1Like
  • 1Love
Reactions:
Hey, it has been a while since i've checked the state of the mod, which is pleasant to see that it's still pretty active! Thanks for that! But I have a question, why has the mod left the Royal Conference discord server?

Well first our discussion forum there was removed without any notice, which made it hard to communicate with players there. Then we decided to link our own Discord in case people have questions, etc. Shortly afterwards our channels were removed. So I'm not quite sure what exactly happened.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Third part of the Morgenröte Stream in German by Karesak:

• 1Love
  • 1Like
Reactions:
Verriere Mod Logo.png

Hotfix 2.1.3a "Franklin"

General:
- Added an event about the Doppler Effect (thanks to @crownsteler for creating it!).

Music:
- Added generic Instrument Companies.
- Added Steinway & Sons Company

Fixes:
- No more ghost Wagner.
- You can no longer buy too many academics from other countries and will instead get your money back.
- Ringstrasse now also available for successor states of Austria.
- Fixed some parts of the German Localization.

>>>Download via Steam<<<

• 1Like
  • 1Love
Reactions:
Just a quick look at what we're working on at Morgenröte - first what came with 2.1.3 (Northwest Passage and QoL features) and then a few new things.

• 2Love
  • 1Like
Reactions: