• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
what do you mean by Boleslav?

I think that he means, that Znojmo should stay as a province in Moravia (kingdom of Bohemia); and that instead Boleslav should be used for Oberösterreich (Upper Austria) aka Traungau.

OTOH I wouldn't even mind Znojmo being added to Moravia as an extra province, as long as this wouldn't affect Oberösterreich.

Version 0.2 uploaded

@SlimG
I am still working on this mod (I have been busy the last few weeks).

@Deserteur
No new provinces have been added, some have been changed though. You are welcome to use it in your own mod.

Hi Talvos, I would love to include your mod into mine, but it would require some small changes.

First, I am sorry but I cannot work with the changes that you have done to the province Znojmo. I understand your reasons for creating Oberösterreich, but in fact in 1066 there was absolutely nothing there.. Would it be possible for you to create a version which considers a Czech province of Znojmo without any province Oberösterreich? I thought about dividing this area on the map between the provinces of Passau, Österreich and especially Salzburg. Would this be possible?

Second, many rivers within the HRE do not connect properly to the main rivers which does not look so nice. Could you correct that?

I really wouldn't like to see Oberösterreich disappearing, most of this area the Traungau was controlled by the Von Chiemgau margraves of Styria (later dukes) in fact Styria is named after Steyr in the Traungau now Oberösterreich where their dynastic castle was located (originally Styria was a march of Carinthia); removing it would IMHO not make the map nicer at all. IMHO the current border between Austria, Bohemia & Moravia and Bavaria is very nice; OTOH I wouldn't mind a version with an extra Znojmo being re-added to Bohemia/Moravia). Especially since the map isn't only for 1066, but for the entire period from 1066 to 1337.
I'm still thinking of adding a Cilli/Celje province by splitting it from Steiermark, redrawing Steiermark, Carniola/Krain and Carinthia/Kärnten a bit in the process and potentially enabling a duchy of Styria; however that perhaps shouldn't be in a standard mod version.

I agree with your point of the rivers, I've noticed that too :).

I currently run into a graphical issue where rivers do not join properly. Help would be appreciated in fixing this issue.

Thoughts and comments are welcome.

The only way to besten merges is to put the maximum interval between 2 merges. remember that mouth of rivers is also a merge ; but for the latter you can go around by stretching them out far far away under sea (see what PI did with Nile river)

just a few comments on your map.

Geneva needs to go further south as it was in Vanilla.
Valais don't go until lake léman. it stops just east of Martigny.lesser valley belongs to savoy (Old Chablais, st maurice d'agaune etc...)
Savoy's northern border is fixed at Chillon's Castle.
There is a problem with Saône river in Burgundy : the great turn on left is just really weird. then choosing Doubs branch over Saône is a surprising choice as it isn't serve as a frontier like Saône do between ducal and countal burgundies.

I really like your resketched Swiss and your whole work. Greetings.

I really wouldn't like to see Oberösterreich disappearing, most of this area the Traungau was controlled by the Von Chiemgau margraves of Styria (later dukes) in fact Styria is named after Steyr in the Traungau now Oberösterreich where their dynastic castle was located (originally Styria was a march of Carinthia); removing it would IMHO not make the map nicer at all. IMHO the current border between Austria, Bohemia & Moravia and Bavaria is very nice; OTOH I wouldn't mind a version with an extra Znojmo being re-added to Bohemia/Moravia). Especially since the map isn't only for 1066, but for the entire period from 1066 to 1337.
I'm still thinking of adding a Cilli/Celje province by splitting it from Steiermark, redrawing Steiermark, Carniola/Krain and Carinthia/Kärnten a bit in the process and potentially enabling a duchy of Styria; however that perhaps shouldn't be in a standard mod version.

I agree with your point of the rivers, I've noticed that too :).

I get your point, even though Linz (which should be in the same Oberösterreich province) belonged to the Dukes of Bavaria until 1210 and from then on to Austria. The county of Oberösterreich should in the game be ruled by the counts of steyr directly below the emperor. Bavaria would just hold Linz in that province. This should actually work.

But I am still concerned about the rivers. The questions is also, do we need so many rivers? I would actually prefer to include on these which had a significant historical meaning. Right now, it seems that there are also rivers included with insignificant historical importance.

But I am still concerned about the rivers. The questions is also, do we need so many rivers? I would actually prefer to include on these which had a significant historical meaning. Right now, it seems that there are also rivers included with insignificant historical importance.

Agree with this. We have to keep in mind that rivers also have an impact on combat system.

Version 0.2 released, and again I have to say the same as before - really great, great work with everything... except Poland, which still needs more love (with province borders, i.e. Lubusz looks as before, also creepy shaped Cracow and Sieradzko-Leczyckie, maybe some split?). But it's going in a good way, my rating of your mod is growing ;)