[Mod] JK_Variants 1.8.0.0 - 175+ 'Mechs and 125+ Vees, Rarity Tables, and more

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
It's just an extra then, as there was a MG ammo bin listed farther down, IIRC, the AC2 ammo bin was the first ammo bin listed in the .json file.

Correct, it should not be there and I have removed it thanks to you :)

I was more concerned that it 'broke' something by not having enough (or worse, any) ammo for the MGs. In this case it literally just makes the tank illegal and 1 ton overweight (until the corrected file is in place). This isn't a game changer, as the Vee can't do anything with the ammo and it doesn't hamper any functionality it should have.

So, it will be part of the inevitable 1.6.2.3 update - but isn't anything to worry over for those that have the current version.

That being said, anyone who wants to fix it - just replace with the attached file (extract the single file and drop into \\BATTLETECH\Mods\JK_VariantsCAB\vehicle folder - you should be prompted to replace the old file).

Attachments

• vehicledef_PARTISAN_LRM.zip
    680 bytes · Views: 13
There was also an error in the Shadow Hawk 2K with the sim part value (thanks @Dialcaliper !!!)

New version in first post - also includes the Partisan fix (thanks @Shark7 !!!)

There have been a few requests to make the Dual Cockpit 'Mechs have the Command Console as 'fixed' equipment.

Seems like a reasonable request, especially for people playing the Unequipped 'Mech option.

Any objections?

There have been a few requests to make the Dual Cockpit 'Mechs have the Command Console as 'fixed' equipment.

Seems like a reasonable request, especially for people playing the Unequipped 'Mech option.

Any objections?

no please make it so

Any objections?

No objections from me. Since I play Unequipped Mech option, I can tell you the number of times I've looted both the DC mech and the DC itself, but could never repair the DC mech to use the DC component due to the limitations. If the pilot ejected or you decapitated the mech, you were never going to be able to reinstall the DC. This way, its always going to be there if you rebuild the mech.

The change will be in the next update - along with the Mackie 'Mech for the latest CAB coming.

Justin, I think there is a problem with the latest version, or I screwed something up

I'm getting the loop from hell. Once I downloaded the recent update of the variants, the game gave me the circle, so I clean reinstalled the game and got it again, so I figured I'd start investigating.

I did a clean reinstall again, and started adding stuff piecemeal, so the only thing I've got installed right now is CAB and your variants. After I installed CAB the game started fine. I then loaded in the Variants and activated the CAB, Campaign, Skirmish, Star League and, Campaign Jump Jets modules by renaming the Mod.Yes JSON's and tried to start the game...….Circle from hell was the result.

The game did not generate an output log, so I cannot give you that, however I will include the JSON's from the modules I loaded so you can check them out

My thanks again for your awesome work, the game is enriched vastly by your contribution and without it the game seems very very lacking, imho

I hope I screwed something up and that there is not something wrong with the mod

Attachments

• JSON's.zip
    4,8 KB · Views: 7
  • ModTek.zip
    48,6 KB · Views: 7
@Mongo101 Thanks for the alert!

Try deleting the .modtek subfolder and rerunning. Then send me a fresh log if that doesn't work. Please

@Mongo101 Thanks for the alert!

Try deleting the .modtek subfolder and rerunning. Then send me a fresh log if that doesn't work. Please

10-4

Gonna be a little, tried to do a roll-back to 1.6.2 and Modtek 07.2. There was no joy

Gonna opt back in to 1.7.1 and redo Modtek 07.3..will let you know as soon as that is done what the results are..

By the way, feel free to call me Bob

Ok....opted back in to 1.7.1 and the game loaded fine

Reenabled Modtek 07.3 and game did not load...just circles
[Mod edit: language]I deleted the modtek folder and tried to run again....and just circles

Both logs below.. the 1st pass is just the Modtek log, second pass labeled as such

Attachments

• ModTek.zip
    49 KB · Views: 5
  • 2nd pass.zip
    49,1 KB · Views: 6
Last edited by a moderator:
@Mongo101 - Try the attached version of ModTek and remember to Reinject it please

Attachments

• ModTek.zip
    872,5 KB · Views: 12
Nuttin'...I even deleted the Assembly-dohicky thingy.dll and renamed the original back to the assembly 'thinga-ma-jig'.dll, once I saw it was Modtek 1.70

The log shows everything loading..........:(

Attachments

• ModTek.zip
    921,5 KB · Views: 6
Hmm. Let me dig deeper.

@Mongo101 The only thing I can think of is that something in the 4.4 complete CAB is conflicting.

Do you use any mods that require all those extra 'Mechs?

If not - do an uninstall and try loading the SingleFolder version of 3025.

I asked LA to send me the changes made in 4.3 & 4.4, so I can test them against what I run.

ALSO - the Log file is not longer in the same place - it should be at :
"C:\Users\YourUserLoginAccountForYouMachine\AppData\LocalLow\Harebrained Schemes\BATTLETECH\"

Negative on the mech's , I did a complete clean reinstall of the base game when this issue cropped up and started loading things one at a time, and quite frankly without your mod I will not even play the vanilla game anymore.

I will down load the 3025 single folder and see what that does.

I will hunt down the output log and post it momentarily....It's coming up with a chassidef null....The Raven MechDef in the DLC module has a null value

Here is the output log

Attachments

• output_log.zip
    87 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:
Well it's not the Raven, I removed the DLC module from the mod folder, deleted the modtek folder, reinstalled modetek and ran the game....

Needless to say.... nothing

I'm going to do a complete and total clean game reinstall and then load you modules in 1st, one at a time tomorrow

I will let you know where the hang up is

Until then, have a good evening Jk

Yeah, looks like a ton of library errors.

Start with the fresh install (shouldn't need to delete the saves)

Try to start a new game in career mode and just see if Argo loads. Save and quit.

Rename your current BATTLETECH/Mods folder to BATTLETECH/Mod-Old

Create a new BATTLETECH/Mods folder

Install the ModTek I sent you in and inject it

Install the JK Variants and Rarity - but not CAB (and temporarily remove the JK_VariantsCAB folder (or just go into its mod.json and change load to FALSE)

See if everything loads for that earlier new career save game. (grab ModTek and Output logs if it is working)

Try installing the Community Asset Bundle Folder and copy back over the JK_VariantsCAB (or change to True)

Test with you new career save (grab logs)

Try to load Skirmish and see if the CAB mechs show (like Anihilator)

Then test your old save

Always remember that a clean install means you have followed Edmon's guide to UNINSTALLING, manually removing all the hidden files and registry entries Unity forces into system folders you don't have access to by default. Just uninstalling doesn't cut it. You may also have corrupted data server side in your Paradox account, in which case your install will get rebroken every time you log in.

@Justin Kase which ModTek is it that you have attached in post 631 above?