[Mod] JK_Variants 1.8.0.0 - 175+ 'Mechs and 125+ Vees, Rarity Tables, and more

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Instructions
  • More detailed instructions:

Going to break this down as much as I can - because pictures always help :)

If you are having issues, the first thing I'd suggest you do is go onto Steam and set yourself on the public_beta, then Validate your game files (so it fixes any problems of unintentionally corrupted files)

To do this, go to : Steam->Library->BattleTech : Right Click on it and choose Properties : then go to BETAs tab and select public_beta : then go to LOCAL FILES tab and click VERIFY INTEGRITY OF GAME FILES

Once this is done, navigate to your BATTLETECH\BattleTech_Data\StreamingAssets folder and expand the zip for this game in that folder. This should create a mods folder and it will look something like this: (Note - It won't have all my other mods, just the JK_Variants, JK_WeaponAmmo & JK_StarLeague)
    01-01.png

Copy the file called VersionManifest-Everything.csv
    01-02.png

Now navigate up a folder (or back) into the StreamingAssets folder and enter the data folder and paste the file in there.

Next - rename the VersionManifest.csv file currently there to VersionManifest_Orig.csv (so you can restore back to the Original version if it fails)

THEN - rename the VersionManifest-Everything.csv to VersionManifest.csv

You should wind up looking like this:
    01-02a.png

Now go back to the mods folder (up 1 folder level, then into mods) and copy the MetadataDatabase-Everything.db file

01-03.png

Now navigate up a folder (or back) into the StreamingAssets folder and enter the MDD folder and paste the file in there.

Next - rename the MetadataDatabase.db file currently there to MetadataDatabase_Orig.db (so you can restore back to the Original version if it fails)

THEN - rename the MetadataDatabase-Everything.db to MetadataDatabase.db

You should wind up looking like this:

01-03a.png

Close out everything.

Restart the game.

In case above link doesn't work, try either of these:

Nexus Mods : [Mod edit: No unapproved links]

Google Drive : https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/16sJnwKVPiQaqBFpP8-M1XYmvs9JSQZae?usp=sharing

Last edited:
    Install instructions
  • To help anyone out who is having issues with visualizing the instructions :

After downloading the Zip, unzip and then place it in : C:\Users\((login ID/Name here))\Documents\my games\BattleTech\mods\
    1 - Folder.png

When done, the mods folder should now have a JK_BTMods sub folder, which then has multiple sub folders for the various mods.
    2 - SubFolder.png

Then you need to :
    Start the game
    Click on the Mods button in the lower left corner
    3 - ModManager.png

Make sure mods are turned on in top right corner (#1)
    Click all the Mods you want to activate (#2)
    Save and close (#3)
    4 - ActivateMods.png

Quit and restart BT

Now the mods should be there and active

NOTE : If you are having issues - I recommend going back to the mods folder and opening the HBS sub-folder to clear the cache & database (just delete the 2 folders indicated below), then follow the above steps to activate the Mods and allow the Cache to rebuild.

5 - DeleteHBSifIssues.png

Last edited:
    1.8.0.0 Release
  • @FrostWeasel I have a test version that is working pretty well now. It adds in the relevant variants for the DLC and removes variants that HBS has added.

The main issue it currently has is that all the CAB related 'Mechs/Vees are currently held up until the CAB Asset Bundles are properly loading. HBS staff are working hard to get that done.

If you would like to test - attached is a ZIP with everything I have confirmed is working (in 1 folder).

Unzip this and then place it in : C:\Users\((login ID/Name here))\Documents\my games\BattleTech\mods\

When done, the mods folder should now have a JK_BTMods sub folder, which then has multiple sub folders for the various mods.

Then you need to :
    • Start the game
    • Click on the Mods button in the lower left corner
    • Click all the Mods you want to activate ( and make sure mods are turned on in top right corner)
    • Save and close
    • Quit and restart BT
    • Now the mods should be there and active
    Note - these are all my working 1.8 Mods, so pick and choose what you like ;)

BEX_JK_PlusVee : Adds in more vees, but uses existing models.
    Give_me_Death : Requires FlashPoints and Heavy Metal DLC, gives the GDL the correct 'Mechs
    Give_them_Kell: Requires FlashPoints and Heavy Metal DLC, gives the Kell Hounds the correct 'Mechs
    JK_Events : Requires Timeline, ComStar News events #fakeComStarNews
    JK_Pilots : Adds in some Streamers as new pilots
    JK_SUCKos : Adjusts the Star System coordinates to match Sarna's mapping values
    JK_VariantsCampaign : Adds many new variants to Vanilla 'Mechs/Vees
    JK_VariantsDLC : Adds many new variants to DLC 'Mechs/Vees
    JK_VariantsSkirmish : Adds some Hero 'Mechs to Skirmish mode only
    JK_VariantsStarLeague : Adds a handful of SL era 'Mechs/Vees
    Timeline : By mpstark - lets you pick starting year - I suggest using 3025 :p
    Z_JK_AppearanceDates : Sets appearance dates for all the new variants and prevents things from appearing too soon
    Z_JK_VariantsCampaign_JumpJets : Sets Lore JJ values for all 'Mechs (so no Jumping Atlases)
    Z_Sab_JK_RarityTables : Creates the Rarity Tables for all 'Mechs from HBS, my mods, and several others. This also should create faction based random encounters.

Still working on:
    cFixes
    JK_VariantsCAB
    JK_Factions

Some other fun things ;)

Attachments

• JK_BTMods.zip
      9 MB · Views: 60
    Last edited: