• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Sorry for the double post, but I think there is something weird going on.

I deactivated all my mods when I did the last test and I could see (and delete) the Fortresses.
I remodded it carefully and started playing, noticed that the Francia mission vanishes when you start it and a day passes.
Deactivated all mods again , tested that part again and it still vanishes completly after a day.

I then reactivated some mods and started playing, planning to finish all tasks at once when I can do so.
But then, after I won a hairy war, I noticed that I could not delete fortresses again.
I removed all mods and even all saves - but this time the Fortresses stayed invisible.

I have honestly no idea what keeps going wrong.
Sorry for the trouble, I am just really looking forward to playing as francia.. x_x

Is it possible, as a hotfix for my current game, to remove the buildings via save editing?
I wonder whether you have the Heis of Alexander pack?

Given that you have issues with the unmodded variant, too, I'd suggest repairing or reinstalling Imperator.

Editing is a possibility but it's certainly quite tedious.

I wonder whether you have the Heis of Alexander pack?

Given that you have issues with the unmodded variant, too, I'd suggest repairing or reinstalling Imperator.

Editing is a possibility but it's certainly quite tedious.
I have all DLCs.
I also noticed the error is only with the Fort in the capitals. I will turn it into a city later, maybe it works then?
In the Savegame the fort is noticed and the building number has a 1 at the first place. Maybe I should add soem money to build a new fort and compare the numbers..

Anyways, I have edited my save and play that way, a bit unfortunate with the vanishing mission, but I will just use workarounds for now.

One question though, why do we need a war with the Treveri to foudn the Kingdom? That one is a bit random.

I have all DLCs.
I also noticed the error is only with the Fort in the capitals. I will turn it into a city later, maybe it works then?
In the Savegame the fort is noticed and the building number has a 1 at the first place. Maybe I should add soem money to build a new fort and compare the numbers..

Anyways, I have edited my save and play that way, a bit unfortunate with the vanishing mission, but I will just use workarounds for now.

One question though, why do we need a war with the Treveri to foudn the Kingdom? That one is a bit random.
The Franks formed because of the Roman border, but fighting Rome is not really feasible. The Treveri are the biggest tribe on the other aide of the Rhenus.

I played some more and have noticed some more stuff.

When I rushed through the Francia mission tree and finished "The many sons of Istvo", the "Blood and Iron" mission became unavalable, meaning I did not have to go to war with them. I did only start the mission after my capital reached 40 civilization, but I *think* I did not finish the "A worthy Capital" mission when I did so.

Then, I think you switched Usipetia and Sugambria. According to the Maps I know, they where the other way around.
Not sure why the Ubier are Germano-Gallic, since they are usually described as germanic by historical sources.

Lastly, I found the reason for my Fort issue: One mod (not sure which) added a new building for certain gallic tribes. It acts as a fortress and takes the first building spot.
This means that all new capital got this building instead of a fort and since they are not allowed to have it, they can not actually delete it. Easy to fix with with a search& replace in the savefile. (The name of the building is Rectangulare Enclosed Ditch)

Still not sure why the mission tree vanishes. Also, I think it would be fun if the Franks would get a new flag and/or a special heritage.. But that is

Last edited:
Reactions:
I played some more and have noticed some more stuff.

When I rushed through the Francia mission tree and finished "The many sons of Istvo", the "Blood and Iron" mission became unavalable, meaning I did not have to go to war with them. I did only start the mission after my capital reached 40 civilization, but I *think* I did not finish the "A worthy Capital" mission when I did so.

Then, I think you switched Usipetia and Sugambria. According to the Maps I know, they where the other way around.
Not sure why the Ubier are Germano-Gallic, since they are usually described as germanic by historical sources.

Lastly, I found the reason for my Fort issue: One mod (not sure which) added a new building for certain gallic tribes. It acts as a fortress and takes the first building spot.
This means that all new capital got this building instead of a fort and since they are not allowed to have it, they can not actually delete it. Easy to fix with with a search& replace in the savefile. (The name of the building is Rectangulare Enclosed Ditch)

Still not sure why the mission tree vanishes. Also, I think it would be fun if the Franks would get a new flag and/or a special heritage.. But that is
Sorry, I forgot to reply, because I wanted to look up some things in my old thread.

Regarding Sugambria, Usipetia and Tencteria: the latter two were expelled by the Suebi, crossed the Rhenus, were expelled by Caesar and later on settled among the Sugambri. So they shouldn't be located near the Rhine in 304 BC; determining from where they came is quite hard, but they seemingly had good relations with the Sugambri, so they might've been neighbours/allies.

Regarding the Ubii: Caesar had an easy narrative, that the Rhenus was the boundary between Celts and Germanics, yet he still describes the Cisrhenic Germanics. The Ubii can be located quite reliably for the 1st century BC and they were part of the La Tène oppidum culture and minted coins. Personal names became extremely fast Romanised after the settled in modern Cologne, while there were some inscriptions with Germanic names there were more Celtic names (I think the ratio was around 70% Romanised, 5% Germanic, 15% Celtic or similar).

Libernia in Illyria primary culture is liburnian (deprecated) but all the pops' cultures in their provinces are liburnian_culture. So the country will have 0 integrated pops.

Reactions: