• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
@Glavius, would you mind tweaking the deprioritization of clerk jobs relative to unemployed worker strata jobs? I have a Slaver Guild empire that keeps shunting my slave pops into domestic servitude over clerks, presumably because even those positions are higher priority. The problem with unemployment jobs is that you can't manually deactivate them, so they just keep piling up there when I really need the trade value.

I think unemployment jobs should occupy an even lower priority that clerks. If I want more domestic servants or the like, I'll just switch off some clerks.

The AI empires now grows their economies far better and builds proper fleets, seeing 30-50k in 2300 at admiral difficulty. However they now lag in technology because they're back at building 0 research labs. I'd suggest building one instead of the commercial zone that's on almost every planet, since clerks kinda suck anyway.

Edit: Maybe it would be for the best to force the AI to build at least one foundry/civ factory, a lab and a monument before doing stuff like resource boosts. They rarely lack basic resources anyway.
Edit 2: More stuff:
*It now seems like the AI expel "excess" population when it really shouldn't.
*Machine empires are wasting lots of building slots on bio-reactors. They could probably just be disabled for the AI, because they kinda suck. Also machine empires except for servitors and assimilators shouldn't build food districts at all to begin with.
*Also the Machine empire in my test game built no mineral districts whatsoever and was sitting on huge unemployment, no idea why though.

Last edited:
@Glavius, would you mind tweaking the deprioritization of clerk jobs relative to unemployed worker strata jobs? I have a Slaver Guild empire that keeps shunting my slave pops into domestic servitude over clerks, presumably because even those positions are higher priority. The problem with unemployment jobs is that you can't manually deactivate them, so they just keep piling up there when I really need the trade value.

I think unemployment jobs should occupy an even lower priority that clerks. If I want more domestic servants or the like, I'll just switch off some clerks.
I will relay this request to Glavius and see what he has to say.

The AI empires now grows their economies far better and builds proper fleets, seeing 30-50k in 2300 at admiral difficulty. However they now lag in technology because they're back at building 0 research labs. I'd suggest building one instead of the commercial zone that's on almost every planet, since clerks kinda suck anyway.

Edit: Maybe it would be for the best to force the AI to build at least one foundry/civ factory, a lab and a monument before doing stuff like resource boosts. They rarely lack basic resources anyway.
*Machine empires are wasting lots of building slots on bio-reactors. They could probably just be disabled for the AI, because they kinda suck. Also machine empires except for servitors and assimilators shouldn't build food districts at all to begin with.
*Also the Machine empire in my test game built no mineral districts whatsoever and was sitting on huge unemployment, no idea why though.
Thanks for the positive feedback!
I'll also relay your findings.

On a personal note, I disagree that machine Gestalts shouldn't build Food Districts and Bio Reactors. For one they can sell excess Food for a profit and two Bio Reactors produce additional Energy. If at all, MEs should be limited in how many they build; perhaps 1-2 Food Districts and a reasonable amount of Bio Reactors accordingly.

Yea, I had massive expel of population too in my game. And what annoys me - you need to click many many times on accepting event (if you allow them to come).
Will be relayed.

I had some comments but looking at yesterdays updates it seems like most of them are fixed.

Only remaining problem is that I get immidiate OOS in multiplayer.
Does the same happen when you start a new Multiplayer game with the mod enabled, save and reload the save?

Last edited:

Update: Dec 12 @ 6:38pm
AI will only build city districts if there are no open mining/energy/farming districts
Fixed AI turning on/off population controls and martial law
Added a check for positive energy flow before building armies
Fixed AI expelling population when the planet wasn't full
Fixed AI not building a city district when it had negative housing but no unemployment (machine empires were typically affected by this bug)
Fixed AI not using capacity overload
Fixed pops not promoting to higher level jobs
Fixed AI spamming construction ships/science ships when it has nowhere to send them.
Rebalanced AI fleets to 40% battleship, 10% cruiser, 25% destroyer, 25% corvette when all ship techs unlocked, other levels 40/30/30, 50/50, 100%
AI will no longer build ships into energy oblivion.
Raised priority of clerks jobs.... People were choosing to be enslaved over being a clerk. Woops.
Machine Exterminators will no longer build farming districts this is an experimental change to see if bioreactors aren't that great.

AI will only build city districts if there are no open mining/energy/farming districts
Seems like it will hurt the AI in helping it have enough housing.

I've made changes to prevent the whole not enough housing problem. The previous statement (that they prefer other districts) is generally true still but if there's not enough housing they'll build more.

This is frightening. Without the mod the AI is...Dead. With the mod the AI builds fleets and it's like in the old version again. I am still getting used to the new system. Still, the AI is pathetic/inferior in economy and tech while flying with fleets about 150% the FP i can field (while I need to trade for at least energy).
I suppose the AI still get's some hidden bonus or buff which makes it really scary with this mod :)

With the mod I sometimes seen the AI beat me in tech. Once had one beat me to orbitals and had Overwhelming tech advantage(300 each tech on the capital)! I think either this mod or the base game is giving free or near free fleets as their is an nearby AI empire with an equal or better my fleet and had to try to kill me a couple times but it cant because it does not know how to use it's fleet effectively. The markets also goes crazy when it opens with all the resources going all over the place with some sometimes collapsing while others skyrocketing. Practically required to have this mod for now.