• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Rather that use horribly long and cumbersome list of decisions, you can use honorary title, with gain_effect = { } of marrying and instantly revoking itself.

My way is more convenient I think. The options only appear if you select the "show co-rulership options" decision, and can be turned off with the "close co-rulership options" decision. You can see all your options in a simple list rather than having to look for the character you want to "marry".

Large negative modifiers to fertility are unreliable. I once had a vampire couple conceive a child long after they'd both "died".

Uh, the Aphrodisia festival can be done everytime it finishes, the "wait some time" modifier is broken.

Also, my daughter was born as a byproduct of the festival, but she's still a bastard?

Fixed the Aphrodisia timer (again), and also fixed something else but I can't remember what it was.

Is it possible to have male concubines?

Don't think so, unfortunately. It'd be possible to make a decision in which you procreate with an unwilling prisoner, but I don't really feel like modding a rape button into the game.

Uh, the Aphrodisia festival can be done everytime it finishes, the "wait some time" modifier is broken.

Also, my daughter was born as a byproduct of the festival, but she's still a bastard?

Fixed the first one. Not sure about the second, seems to be working fine for me. I'll look into it some more

This is becoming one of my favorite mods! You should add another amazon kingdom (Or Queendom x3) somewhere.

Maybe. Where could it be located?

edit: Minor benchmark reached. FATT has more downloads than any current version of Zulu Invasion (though nowhere near the sum of all three versions).

Bit out of left field here but, as the Amazons are locked into Enatic, what happens if a Republic forms and they control it? Last I checked, Republics with Enatic get borked because they disabled matri. marriages for them.

Bit out of left field here but, as the Amazons are locked into Enatic, what happens if a Republic forms and they control it? Last I checked, Republics with Enatic get borked because they disabled matri. marriages for them.

Hadn't considered that. It's probably unlikely enough not to worry about. Besides, all the mayors are male so chances are an Amazon merchant republic would be male-dominated. For now just don't deliberately create a female-led Amazon merchant republic :p

edit: Seriously considering Sicily for the site of a new Amazon realm. Thoughts?

Hadn't considered that. It's probably unlikely enough not to worry about. Besides, all the mayors are male so chances are an Amazon merchant republic would be male-dominated. For now just don't deliberately create a female-led Amazon merchant republic :p

edit: Seriously considering Sicily for the site of a new Amazon realm. Thoughts?

I will now totally try to do the exact OPPOSITE of that! hah! Though I think Paradox just needs to remove the restriction for an Enatic Republic...

And I cannot say I know too much about Amazons beyond what I played in Amazon Total War, and the fact I really like them. I know in ATW there was an Amazon nation around the Black Sea, I think, one up in Russia, another down in Africa (Libyan Amazons), and then the Geothe on the other side of the Black Sea. But I can't really say what those match up to. I recall at one point they had an amazon nation up in the English Isles, but that was removed later.

An Amazon Republic would be interesting is there anyway to make Republics Enatic?

You can make a Republic Enatic, but because of the changes by Paradox to Republics they do not allow female-preferred marriages. So if you mod one and give it Enatic, it'll die out because its succession laws won't allow anyone but women to inherit, but the Republics own laws don't allow the woman's children to inherit or... however it works.

Sicily sounds good.

Update

After a bit of testing, Cyrene does indeed seem "too hard". I've buffed them a bit:

Cyrene now controls Crete (Knossos).

Queen Penthesilea now has 20 ships, and Melanippe has 5.

I've tried your mod and I really appreciate how you changed game mechanics, yet I still encounter some problems during my rule.

1. My vassals are not intrested in procreating since every husband/lover gets killed or exiled. Because of that every minor dynasty in my realm consists of just only one member. I can secure only one generation by marrying future countess with mayor/priest. Because of it I have to manually redistribute land from time to time. Still I have very little idea how to resolve this. Maybe add random pregnancy events for lower rank vassals (below king)?

2. Factions. Because starting title is only titulary I tend to get loads of factions which demand independence despite good or excellent relations between (40+). This could be resolved by obtaining a de jure title in future but most of them are restricted by culture or religion. Sadly amazon culture and hellenic religion doesnt fit anywhere.

3. Idle remaining amazon states. I am aware that they are not suppoused to be played by AI but they seem to be just standing and doing nothing - nor conquering or getting conquered.

Edit: I downloaded mod yesterday's morning and since then there have been an update. I have also foolishly skipped last two pages and realized that most issues were already mentioned. Going to play after update and post my insights. Piece of great work mate.

Last edited:
Thanks for the updates. The mod has improved a lot.

Your last post suggested that the Scythia or Pontus would be easier than Cyrene, so I tried out Scythia with the latest updates. I was able to add 3 more counties to my realm before I died. Unfortunately, I didn't have a daughter before I died so the game ended for me.

The tooltip says only 20% chance to be pregnant during the aphrodite event. I know you said it was 40-65% so possibly just need to change the text. However, my queen still did not get pregnant. I am thinking maybe change the event to 100% chance for pregnancy. After all it only happens every 5 years which means if a female at the age of 20 has the event every time it is available, she could have a maximum of 5 events. 5 events each of which where she has a 50% chance of a female child, that is, IF she even gets pregnant. And that is IF she lives to be 45. The possibility of the game ending with your first queen seems too high. I've only played 1 game since your latest update so it is not a large sample size, but my game ended in 10 years.

Also, currently the Amazon do not have cultural buildings. Are there any plans to add cultural buildings?

Last edited:
You may want to consider having two different versions of the amazon culture/religion. One that allows men to stick around, one that doesn't allow it.

I'm surprised you don't want to add a rape option to the game when a lot of the lore about these girls has been on exactly that subject, typically just before the mass execution that you've already implemented. Also, mass reduction of fertility to prevent pregnancy from co-rulers can cause problems when it comes to other events unless you don't intend to actually use the fertility score for anything.

Enatic succession still has a lot of problems that need to be addressed, but I'm wondering what you did for the event to force enatic succession? I'd been trying to work that out myself, but wasn't able to get it working. Muslim and Republic realms are currently prevented completely from using matrelineal marriages, so I recommend making them the exception to the enatic only rule.

Status
Not open for further replies.