• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
May I suggest an event that fires for landed Amazon women that sets their succession to Enatic? I land women and they become Agnatic-Cognatic.

Also, perhaps a trait for Amazon women that makes them unappealing to men like, "Dominatrix" that gives a huge malus to marrying a male, thus preventing Amazon dynasties being overridden by decadent white dynasties? (Why would a landed male want to marry a woman who seeks to dominate him and make him a slave?)

Also, another idea: Probably impossible, but Amazon women can take in infant boys who show promise (aka have traits like genius, strong, etc.) and raise them as girls, through some trait.

Also, may I recommend that you introduce either a titular empire title, or create some cultural titles for pre-existing empires?

Also, a few issues:

1. The description for the Aphrodisa decision is broken.

2. A /lot/ of the flags are now botched.

Last edited:
May I suggest an event that fires for landed Amazon women that sets their succession to Enatic? I land women and they become Agnatic-Cognatic.

Done.

Also, perhaps a trait for Amazon women that makes them unappealing to men like, "Dominatrix" that gives a huge malus to marrying a male, thus preventing Amazon dynasties being overridden by decadent white dynasties? (Why would a landed male want to marry a woman who seeks to dominate him and make him a slave?)

I think non-Amazon men should be highly reluctant to marry Amazon women, but I'd like a more elegant way to do that than traits. Moving Hellenic out of the Pagan group would do it, but it'd also change Hellenic interface graphics to the standard Christian graphics rather than the (imo) more fitting pagan graphics. I'll give it some thought. Still haven't tested the idea of marrying other Amazon women yet.

Also, another idea: Probably impossible, but Amazon women can take in infant boys who show promise (aka have traits like genius, strong, etc.) and raise them as girls, through some trait.

Pretty sure characters can't swap genders.

Also, may I recommend that you introduce either a titular empire title, or create some cultural titles for pre-existing empires?

I'll probably make a titular e_amazonia. Not sure what the creation requirements will be yet. I think it'll be red-orange on the map.

Also, a few issues:

1. The description for the Aphrodisa decision is broken.

2. A /lot/ of the flags are now botched.

Added localisation to the description.

You need to clear your gfx cache.

Above changes will be live very soon, need to upload to media fire again.

How often is the Aphrodisia decision supposed to be available?

As often as the other pagan festivals.

Update

Added more localisation for the Aphrodisia decision
Added an event that switches female Amazon rulers to Enatic succession if they don't already have it.
edit: Added creatable titular Empire of Amazonia. Require 2 kingdom-tier titles, Amazon culture, Hellenic religion, and must control Thessalonike (more or less where Mt. Olympus is, also a vanilla Hellenic holy site)

Last edited:
Thank you.

Update.

The Amazon Queens have a extremely poor-time reproducing. All three Queens do not get pregnant, ever. My Queen died at 47 and had one daughter after I /forced/ a woman-woman pregnancy via cheat.

Update.

The Amazon Queens have a extremely poor-time reproducing. All three Queens do not get pregnant, ever. My Queen died at 47 and had one daughter after I /forced/ a woman-woman pregnancy via cheat.

Might raise the odds of getting pregnant from Aphrodisia then. Maybe a base of 35%, with a further +25% if the extra event fires for that character and they choose the hedonism option.

Perhaps... and this is a major perhaps... you should allow a few men to survive as the Queen's harem? Any rule (whether a vassal or not) can keep a man or two around for the purposes of providing daughters, though she need not be attracted to him. Just to ensure that there is some procreation going on.

Or perhaps the ability to mate with captives men, especially rulers?

Ah, once every nine years like the blot.

Maybe we can increase the frequency of the event to once a year. In my court the event resulted in 1 child of aphrodite being born and it wasn't my ruler's. My ruler did not get pregnant.

I recommend allowing males to stay in the courts instead of killing or exiling them. The lack of males in court who can stay as a spouse for marriage/mating purposes presents some serious difficulties. We don't really need to follow amazon legend since its all fantasy anyway. I started a game using the first update of the mod and will post screen shots later.

I think spouse hunting is difficult enough for pagans let alone amazons. So for the purposes of game play, I don't think it would be a good idea to make it more difficult for amazons to look for a spouse.

But if you think about it. Why would men want to join a society where there is a disproportionate amount of women and where all the women are sexually unrestrained? Why would any man want to join a society where they are not the provider and not expected to be the provider? Alternately, why would any woman put up with the conditions of the medieval christian world? Wouldn't they all flock to the Amazon lands?

Also there is a bug where whenever you exile all the men in your realm all your prisoners are exiled. This is both good and bad. Bad when you have a prisoner who is worth war score and good when you have a prisoner who has a lot of gold.

I'd like to see increased chances of pregnancy and more polish on the banishment event(Why did I just banish the guy I just married?). How come there's only a 15% chance of getting pregnant at the festival? And it would be nice if Cyrene had boats and more soldiers. Perhaps you could add a holy order in the future? The Amazons of Themyscira?

One of the first problems with the current Amazon mod is that your husband cannot be in your court or he will be exiled or killed. As such, I married a priest who has his own temple. In this second play through of the mod, my amazon ruler did have 2 daughters. The second daughter had the quick trait so I switched to elective and elected her my heir.

As my ruler was getting old and I wanted my daughter to have daughters of her own, I had her marry a landed tengri priest with the strong trait. The hope was that the union would produce strong and quick daughters. That did not exactly pan out. While there was nothing wrong with my grand daughter, she was neither quick or strong. She was also in another court, but that should not present too much of a problem.

What really became an issue was that, unbeknownst to me; shortly after my grand daughter was born, my daughter decided to change religion.

And yes, that's my daughter who was educated by her grey eminence mother.

Problems with the fertility event:
The Aphrodite event was available for me once in a 30 year time frame. Otherwise it never showed up in my intrigue tab again. Unfortunately, I wasn't chosen by Aphrodite and I didn't become pregnant through the event which apparently only involved 2 Amazon women and cost around 19g. The baroness did become pregnant and the resulting daughter did gain the goddess' favor, however.....

Accidents can happen, but an accident like this in an event that only ever happens once every 9 years (The event was meant to be available every 9 years) is pretty discouraging.

Problems with CBs:
Amazons have no holy war CBs. They have conquest CBs for their nearest neighbors. The Amazons can also use the subjugation CB for pagans. The problem with this is that no matter which Amazon kingdom you start as, your nearest neighbors are all huge. As Cyrene, I cannot challenge the Sultanate of Africa or Egypt. I tried to take a county off Africa during a civil war but wasn't able to do so before their civil war ended. I had subjugation CBs on the Pagans in the Baltic Sea and Scandinavia. The problem was that only rulers I could take were lone counts. Even a double count would be too big for me to take. So I plotted to take the lone county of Gotland. First I need boats. So while I shored up my finances, I researched and put points into Shipbuilding. I even moved my capital so that I could have 2 counties that could produce ships. Next I need to have more than 15 ships. I figure I would need at least that much in case I need to bring mercenaries. You might think that you can get away with hiring mercenary ships, but the upkeep would probably bankrupt you before your fleet could get to gotland. So once I had 14 ships I declared war on Gotland and sent my fleet and army there. I had just finished building another shipyard and I figure the 15th ship would be built before my ships arrived to Gotland. I was lucky because Gotland was involved in another war. In fact, I didn't even need mercenaries to take Gotland. After I subjugated Gotland, there were no other targets available for me to subjugate. All the small realms had been gobbled up by the Kingdoms of Denmark, Sweden, Norway, Pomerania, Lithuania. The land locked areas in Rus just seem too vulnerable to me. I wouldn't be able to keep them. And of course, Gotland declared independence shortly after. I crushed the revolt and revoked the county from him. After my Tengri daughter took over the kingdom, I took a look around.

Scythia was gone. I had expected as much. I figure if the Magyars didn't get it then Cumania would (which it did).

Pontus was still around, but the Queen was heirless and pass child bearing age just as the Queen of Scythia was. She had taken a county and lost 2. So she now has 3 counties.

My prospects weren't good. It looks like my best bet was to to take Pontus and hope that all the huge realms around me ignore me.

Update

• Fixed Aphrodisia cooldown - should work every 5 years
  • Amazons can no longer be impregnated by males under 16 at Aphrodisia
  • Pregnancy from Aphrodisia chance increased to 40-65%
  • Hellenic rulers now get a 30% boost to levy size
  • Increased the MTTH for the kill-all-men event to 5 months. Prisoners and children under 6 won't be killed/banished
  • Added a series of "Co-Rulership" decisions that allow Amazon women to "marry" other Amazon women
  • Added a Holy War-like CB for Hellenic rulers. Requires 200 piety and 1000 prestige to use
  • Hellenic rulers now work like Norse and Tengri pagans regarding rasied levy opinions

#

edit: minor problem. Turns out that same-sex marriages can produce children. I'll try to fix that.
edit: problem solved. added a modifier for both "spouses" when entering an Amazon "marriage" that massively reduces fertility. Be advised that the only way to get pregnant while in such a marriage is by events such as Aphrodisia.

Last edited:
Update

• Fixed Aphrodisia cooldown - should work every 5 years
  • Amazons can no longer be impregnated by males under 16 at Aphrodisia
  • Pregnancy from Aphrodisia chance increased to 40-65%
  • Hellenic rulers now get a 30% boost to levy size
  • Increased the MTTH for the kill-all-men event to 5 months, and children under 6 won't be killed/banished
  • Added a series of "Co-Rulership" decisions that allow Amazon women to "marry" other Amazon women
  • Added a Holy War-like CB for Hellenic rulers. Requires 200 piety and 1000 prestige to use
  • Hellenic rulers now work like Norse and Tengri pagans regarding rasied levy opinions

#

edit: minor problem. Turns out that same-sex marriages can produce children. I'll try to fix that.

Sounds like an unexpected, but amusing feature to me :rofl:

Sounds like an unexpected, but amusing feature to me :rofl:

Fortunately I got it fixed pretty quickly :D

edit: forgot another thing. need to stop prisoners from being killed/exiled by that event. I'll get right on that.
edit: done

Rather that use horribly long and cumbersome list of decisions, you can use honorary title, with gain_effect = { } of marrying and instantly revoking itself.

Status
Not open for further replies.