• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Even with the Mediafire download? Because this is the exact same one as the one on Workshop and Paradox Mods. I get that it could get corrupted on Paradox Mods, but the Mediafire download ought to work.
Yeah with the media fire download :/
Trying again after restarting the comp.

Edit: here is the Exception log in spoiler debug below
Code:
Application: Imperator
Version: 1.0.0
Date/Time: 2019-04-26 13:07:21

Unhandled Exception C0000005 (EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION) at address 0x00007FF7ADBC0375

Stack Trace:
  1    imperator.exe            CMap::InitAdjacencies (map.cpp: 1126)
  2    imperator.exe            CMap::ThreadedPostRead (map.cpp: 279)
  3    imperator.exe            CTaskThread::Run (pdx_task.cpp: 177)
  4    imperator.exe            CTaskThread::Run (pdx_task.cpp: 142)
  5    imperator.exe            std::_LaunchPad<std::unique_ptr<std::tuple<void * __ptr64 (__cdecl*)(void * __ptr64),void * __ptr64>,std::default_delete<std::tuple<void * __ptr64 (__cdecl*)(void * __ptr64),void * __ptr64> > > >::_Run (xthread: 247)
  6    imperator.exe            std::_Pad::_Call_func (xthread: 210)
  7    imperator.exe            thread_start<unsigned int (__cdecl*)(void * __ptr64)> (thread.cpp: 115)
  8    KERNEL32.DLL             BaseThreadInitThunk (+ 20)
  9    ntdll.dll                RtlUserThreadStart (+ 33)
  10   ntdll.dll                RtlUserThreadStart (+ 33)
Code:
[13:10:38][dlc.cpp:1178]: Verified DLC at path dlc/dlc002_preorder/dlc002.dlc
[13:10:38][virtualfilesystem_physfs.cpp:562]: Mounted Data: D:\GOG Galaxy\Games\ImperatorRome\game\dlc\dlc002_preorder
[13:10:38][virtualfilesystem_physfs.cpp:562]: Mounted Data: C:\Users\Wilhelm\Documents\Paradox Interactive\Imperator\mod\EHI
[13:10:38][pdx_scoped_timer.cpp:16]: Total time Localization Setup: 0.281
[13:10:38][pdx_scoped_timer.cpp:16]: Total time Jomini - Script System: 0.000
[13:10:38][pdx_scoped_timer.cpp:16]: Total time Session - Init: 0.000
[13:10:39][pdx_scoped_timer.cpp:16]: Total time pre gfx - databases: 0.369
[13:10:39][pdx_scoped_timer.cpp:16]: Total time [InitBase] - Various: 0.651
[13:10:39][pdxassetutil.cpp:33]: ThreadedInitTextureLookup: gfx/models
[13:10:39][jomini_social.cpp:16]: Created Jomini Social
[13:10:39][pdx_scoped_timer.cpp:16]: Total time [InitBase] - Various 2: 0.600
[13:10:40][pdx_scoped_timer.cpp:16]: Total time [InitBase] - Graphics: 0.297
[13:10:40][pdx_scoped_timer.cpp:16]: Total time [InitBase] - Map: 0.003
[13:10:40][pdx_image_io_freeimage.cpp:125]: freeimage(BMP): Invalid magic number

[13:10:40][pdx_scoped_timer.cpp:16]: Total time [InitBase] - Load Screen: 0.533
[13:10:40][pdxassetutil.cpp:41]: ThreadedInitTextureLookup found 3153 files

Edit error.log

Code:
[13:10:34][pdx_ugc.cpp:49]: No UGC backend available for current platform.
[13:10:34][pdx_cloudstorage_pops.cpp:248]: BeginQueryQuota: Not Yet Implemented!
[13:10:40][pdx_packedheightmap.cpp:777]: Failed loading indirection map 'map_data/indirection_heightmap.bmp'

Last edited:
Right think I found it, the Heightmap from your mod wont open ( actually all of the BMP in your mod folder) but the ones from paradoxes thing do. :/

Right think I found it, the Heightmap from your mod wont open ( actually all of the BMP in your mod folder) but the ones from paradoxes thing do. :/
Must be a specific issue with the GOG version? Because on Steam it accepts the heightmap we have. o_O I already feel the joy of these different incompatible and shifting platforms.

Must be a specific issue with the GOG version? Because on Steam it accepts the heightmap we have. o_O
The file that is on media fire I cant even open the BMP in photoshop but can do so for the paradox files. Maybe compressing it messes it up?

The file that is on media fire I cant even open the BMP in photoshop but can do so for the paradox files. Maybe compressing it messes it up?
Then the Workshop version wouldn't work either, so I don't think it is that. I will double-check, but I'm fairly certain the download I put up works for me, even if I uncompress. Since there has already been other GOG-specific issues, I would rather bet on that.

Updating,

Seems the BMP are all corrupted in the download from media fire all 132 kb compared to the regular game files file size of 8 to 32 mb

Code:
Julius.Julia.Julii.Julian

Names can have a male form, a female form, a plural and an adjectiv.

Oh that's really cool, so I suppose you can do like for what is current presented in the game, Sigric if you wanted to make it Proto-Germanic you could do

Code:
Sigirīks.?????.Sigirīkiz.Sigirīkiz

From *segaz + *rīks 'victory + ruler' although I doubt the game would like the diacritics. Still, shows the difficulty with working with ancient Germanic names etc. is that it might be Sigirīkijaz which would make it

Code:
Sigirīkijaz.Sigirīkijō.Sigirīkījai.Sigirīkīs

Great post, thanks a lot for sharing your thoughts! If you want to develop things further, don’t hesitate.
I am glad you enjoyed the approach.
I'd be interested to try and adapt the CK2 tribal mechanic I've developed for LI to Imperator / your mod, it can always be an experimental sub-mod to begin with.
The time required for a first attempt should not be too huge since the language is not too different from one game to another one.
Yet I need to sort stuff out in my real life at present, so even such a small project will have to wait a bit... if/when I have some modding bandwidth, I'll let you know for sure and I may try something! :cool:

Map Teaser
Just a small (or maybe not that small...) teaser for something I'm working on currently.
g7Xe5qI.png

Here is my old list of Persian names. It's more for Middle Persian, but the game start is in a grey area between the Old Persian and Middle Persian periods.

Code:
MALE
    Kurush #Cyrus
    Darayavaush (old Per.)/Daryush (mid. Per.) #Darius
    Artaxshaca (old Per.)/Ardashir (mid. Per.) #Artaxerxes
    Kawad
    Shapur
    Khosrow #Chosroes
    Wahram
    Ardavan #Artabanus
    Hormizd #Hormizdas
    Balash #Vologases
    Peroz
    Yazdekrt #Isdigerdes
    Mehrdad (mid. Per.)/Mirdat (Par.) #Mithridates
    Farhad (mid. Per.)/Frahat (Par.) #Phraates
    Pabag
    Mah-Izad
    Kaveh
    Arash
    Shahin
    Rostam
    Farrukh
    Sohrab
    Spandiyadh
    Wehrez #Boes
    Narseh #Narses
    Arsham #Arsames
FEMALE
    Raoxshna #Roxana
    Tahmina
    Apranik
    Sura
    Shirin
    Shahrazad
    Rudabeh
    Azadeh
    Boran
    Azarmigdukht

Last edited:
Question about Republics -- shouldn't the selection of candidate for government event at least take their skills into account? I am getting a disturbing amount of incompetents proposed as Massalia. Moreover, half the time the event fires no one takes their place.

What's more, characters randomly disappear from positions without warning. And the events to replace them often don't work, leaving them empty.

Right now Republics are as good as broken. I applaud the intention, but until the mechanic works it's best if the player could just appoint candidates.

Last edited:
Looks promising. Still, I can't but wonder - does real Rome really was so fractured at a time? I know that Etruria wasn't even a state in the full meaning, just a system of mutual defensive pacts between city-states, but Rome too... I won't blame this decision, it is rational and more interesting to play as both Rome and neighbors of said Rome, just wondering.

By the way, about said defensive pacts - most of that city-states in Etruria seem to break them in first month or too and attack each other. Can't blame this decision - otherwise, expansion as one would be nearly impossible, but, well, what's the purpose of that pacts then?

Also, maybe there is sense for Siracuse flag replacement? Current one is kinda anachronistic, at least, it feels so, taking into account, it is medieval-era composition already.

Last edited:
So one thing I noticed with the regions that I thought about looking at before I added my own. You added/removed regions but those regions are referred to for events and other things. For example the events for Pyrrhus to get involved with Italy in the 'dhe_dde_pyrrhus' file need to have 'magna_graecia_region' changed.

Last edited:
When its possible:

- try to force laws by the senate
- Maybe also some connections between the citenship and vote power. In the moment i dont get how the power in a republic is connected. But it should have a connections to the pops and provinces. So we can get these internat roman wars for the civic rights for example.
- Maybe a between the holding mechanic and the pops. So the magnats get all the free land for their slave and also bribe voters with their money.

Updating,

Seems the BMP are all corrupted in the download from media fire all 132 kb compared to the regular game files file size of 8 to 32 mb
I will see if I can find another solution, I might have an idea of where this comes from.

Oh that's really cool, so I suppose you can do like for what is current presented in the game, Sigric if you wanted to make it Proto-Germanic you could do

Code:
Sigirīks.?????.Sigirīkiz.Sigirīkiz

From *segaz + *rīks 'victory + ruler' although I doubt the game would like the diacritics. Still, shows the difficulty with working with ancient Germanic names etc. is that it might be Sigirīkijaz which would make it

Code:
Sigirīkijaz.Sigirīkijō.Sigirīkījai.Sigirīkīs
The game accepts UTF-8 (with BOM).

Nice idea!!

I'm starting a mod on MediomatricI and the region around.
If you want, I can join you to work on this area of the map?

https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/imperator-divodurum-mediomatricorum.1171220/
Yes, contact @Thure for working on the map.

I am glad you enjoyed the approach.
I'd be interested to try and adapt the CK2 tribal mechanic I've developed for LI to Imperator / your mod, it can always be an experimental sub-mod to begin with.
The time required for a first attempt should not be too huge since the language is not too different from one game to another one.
Yet I need to sort stuff out in my real life at present, so even such a small project will have to wait a bit... if/when I have some modding bandwidth, I'll let you know for sure and I may try something! :cool:
That would be great whenever you have time! For now the dust has to settle anyway, so I don't think it is a problem if this waits as long as it needs to.

Here is my old list of Persian names. It's more for Middle Persian, but the game start is in a grey area between the Old Persian and Middle Persian periods.

Code:
MALE
    Kurush #Cyrus
    Darayavaush (old Per.)/Daryush (mid. Per.) #Darius
    Artaxshaca (old Per.)/Ardashir (mid. Per.) #Artaxerxes
    Kawad
    Shapur
    Khosrow #Chosroes
    Wahram
    Ardavan #Artabanus
    Hormizd #Hormizdas
    Balash #Vologases
    Peroz
    Yazdekrt #Isdigerdes
    Mehrdad (mid. Per.)/Mirdat (Par.) #Mithridates
    Farhad (mid. Per.)/Frahat (Par.) #Phraates
    Pabag
    Mah-Izad
    Kaveh
    Arash
    Shahin
    Rostam
    Farrukh
    Sohrab
    Spandiyadh
    Wehrez #Boes
    Narseh #Narses
    Arsham #Arsames
FEMALE
    Raoxshna #Roxana
    Tahmina
    Apranik
    Sura
    Shirin
    Shahrazad
    Rudabeh
    Azadeh
    Boran
    Azarmigdukht
Thank you!

Question about Republics -- shouldn't the selection of candidate for government event at least take their skills into account? I am getting a disturbing amount of incompetents proposed as Massalia.
Checking for skills a bit more than currently, but ideally it would rather check Senate dynamics, and then skill.

What's more, characters randomly disappear from positions without warning.
At start yes, due to term flags not being set, that is a bug I'm going to resolve. When the term is up the characters lose the office without warning because I didn't want events to spam the player.

And the events to replace them often don't work, leaving them empty.
It is because they don't check for tech offices, I'm on it.

Right now Republics are as good as broken. I applaud the intention, but until the mechanic works it's best if the player could just appoint candidates.
Next version will fix the current issues, rest assured.

Looks promising. Still, I can't but wonder - does real Rome really was so fractured at a time? I know that Etruria wasn't even a state in the full meaning, just a system of mutual defensive pacts between city-states, but Rome too... I won't blame this decision, it is rational and more interesting to play as both Rome and neighbors of said Rome, just wondering.
Long story short, yes. Rome did not integrate the sociis, which were autonomous.

By the way, about said defensive pacts - most of that city-states in Etruria seem to break them in first month or too and attack each other. Can't blame this decision - otherwise, expansion as one would be nearly impossible, but, well, what's the purpose of that pacts then?
It should probably be altered so that the AI isn't as aggressive.

Also, maybe there is sense for Siracuse flag replacement? Current one is kinda anachronistic, at least, it feels so, taking into account, it is medieval-era composition already.
If you have an Ancient era symbol, feel free to post it here.

So one thing I noticed with the regions that I thought about looking at before I added my own. You added/removed regions but those regions are referred to for events and other things. For example the events for Pyrrhus to get involved with Italy in the 'dhe_dde_pyrrhus' file need to have 'magna_graecia_region' changed.
This has been solved internally, thank you for the report.

When its possible:

- try to force laws by the senate
- Maybe also some connections between the citenship and vote power. In the moment i dont get how the power in a republic is connected. But it should have a connections to the pops and provinces. So we can get these internat roman wars for the civic rights for example.
- Maybe a between the holding mechanic and the pops. So the magnats get all the free land for their slave and also bribe voters with their money.
We will see, definitely things that would be interesting to treat in one way or the other.

Last edited:
NEW DIRECT LINK:

Please download this version if you had corruption issues. Paradox Mods should also be fixed.

Attachments

• EHI-1.0.0.zip
    43,4 MB · Views: 3
Last edited:
Touche.

And if to redraw existing one in 2 colour variant? Like, same COA of medusa head with legs and stuff but on monochrome back layer (blue for example).
That should work just fine too. If you submit a new CoA here which corresponds more to the period for Siracuse according to you, we will integrate it.

That should work just fine too. If you submit a new CoA here which corresponds more to the period for Siracuse according to you, we will integrate it.
I don't know if this has been suggested yet or not, but could we get better flags implemented into the game? Formed Assyria and the flag stayed as Adiabene :(

Would be willing to help out on the project if possible too! Just message me if you're interested.