• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think you should have a mage trait and leave it at that ATM, expand it later.

A couple of mage traits, aye. Apprentice mage, expert mage, battlemage, necromancer, illusionist, failed mage, legendary mage and all that fun stuff.

Fyr would be another interesting person who was alive at the start of the mod. Another unplayable mayor, I suspect.

If a whole different stat can be added to describe magic knowledge, that would be perfect. If it´s not possible, then I still think tying the learning stat to magic would be a good idea. The idea of giving mages traits similar to the leadership traits is a good idea as well, and I think both things could work out together.

Let me explain. If a character receives a martial education, he/she can get some leadership traits which are moderated somehow by his/her martial stat. In a similar way, a character who gets a magic education could get some "magic ability" traits (something like that), which describe his preferred magic type. For example, a mage character could get a "Destruction Mage" trait, which would increase both damage made and damage taken for his flank, and these values can be moderated by his learning stat.
Then, if a character gets to have a high learning stat without having a magic education (let´s say, over 20, as suggested earlier), he could get some event where he gets the chance to learn some spells, so he could get a trait similar to those a mentioned above, reflecting the fact that magic can be learned at any time if one has the knowledge. Of course, values should be balanced so that a character who did get a magic education has much greater benefits than a character who delves into magic when already an adult.

This said, I didn´t know extra council spots can be added, so both a court mage and a court priest could be present. That would be cool.

DEVELOPMENT DIARY 3
Now before I go into some interesting characters I will say that I am unsure of why there is a province that has Sithis as it's religion but it does let you know that the religion is in the game haha.

Yeah... um.. that was me experimenting with Dark Brotherhood mechanics :p That province won't be Sithis in the final version.

Also while we are on the topic of Skyrim, check out our Nord unit sprites;

stormcloaks.png

Last edited:
Do you guys plan to do more province modifiers, than say "Thieves Den", "Bandits", "Smugglers" and so on?
I know you mentioned modifiers connected with Daedra and their cults (Mehrunes Dagon), but i had an idea: How about negative modifiers that are connected to drugs like Skooma, Greenmote (idk if Greenmote is available outside of Sheogoraths realm, anyone can help with that?) or anything produced from Moon Sugar.
I am just asking, because i have the feeling that those little things deepen the atmosphere even more.

EDIT: I love the unit sprites. Magnificent work!

Yeah... um.. that was me experimenting with Dark Brotherhood mechanics :p That province won't be Sithis in the final version.

Not sure I find the idea of entire provinces worshipping Sithis plausible, he is essentially a force. It would be like worshipping gravity. The Dark Brotherhood do it because they are a bit wacko (and because Mephala/The Night Mother is supposedly connected to him), but entire populations doing it is unlikely.

To Gedierond, I think it would be easier to just have magic traits that affect your stats (All of them. Martial, diplomacy, stewardship, intrigue and learning. Some more than others depending on orientation) instead of making learning into THE magic stat.

Troops look really nice, and I thought the game of thrones mod was gonna set the tone for ck2 mods but now I think this mod and the league mod have a fighting chance.

Not sure I find the idea of entire provinces worshipping Sithis plausible, he is essentially a force. It would be like worshipping gravity. The Dark Brotherhood do it because they are a bit wacko (and because Mephala/The Night Mother is supposedly connected to him), but entire populations doing it is unlikely.

As I said, that province won't start as a Sithis province in the final build.

But anyway, Sithis is a legitmate god in Elder Scrolls lore. Though he is not Daedric himself, the Daedra are all believed to be his offspring (in a weird sort of way). Either way, even if only a dozen people choose to represent and worship him in the lore (e.g. the members of the Dark Brotherhood), there is no real argument as to why the Sithis religion could not become the most prominent in the world through player manipulation and clever gameplay. Allow me to show you an image which should demonstrate my point:
685px-Christ_Taking_Leave_of_the_Apostles.jpg

Brilliant work on those Nord sprites! May I ask what kind of armour the Colovian/Nibenay troops will be wearing? Are you guys going with the Skyrim 'Romans but more leather' or the Oblivion 'Ridiculously armoured hoplites?' Something else altogether?

So far I have made the Nibeneans and Colovians look a little more like the Oblivion town guards, since that way their tabard can display their liege's colour and flag better. (Similar to the vanilla CK2 uniforms).

I did actually think about making Imperial Isle or the Emperor's personal troops look more regal and like "ridiculously armoured hoplites" but I can't seem to figure out a way to link sprite models with a title (it's usually done by culture).

As I said, that province won't start as a Sithis province in the final build.

But anyway, Sithis is a legitmate god in Elder Scrolls lore. Though he is not Daedric himself, the Daedra are all believed to be his offspring (in a weird sort of way). Either way, even if only a dozen people choose to represent and worship him in the lore (e.g. the members of the Dark Brotherhood), there is no real argument as to why the Sithis religion could not become the most prominent in the world through player manipulation and clever gameplay. Allow me to show you an image which should demonstrate my point:
View attachment 61048

http://forums.bethsoft.com/topic/1400019-what-is-sithis/page__p__21307663#entry21307663

They know what they are talking about, essentially. Reading the most obscure bits of TES lore there is.

http://forums.bethsoft.com/topic/1400019-what-is-sithis/page__p__21307663#entry21307663

They know what they are talking about, essentially. Reading the most obscure bits of TES lore there is.

The nitty gritty bits don't really matter here. A god doesn't necessarily have to be a guy with a halo and a beard. Whether he is sentient or not, existent or not, nothing or not. That's all irrelevant. The only thing which is relevant in this context is whether or not he can be worshipped in the first place. And since there are people in the lore who do worship him and even represent him in designs and sculptures, I would say it's entirely plausible that some particularly zealous Sithis worshipper could spread worship of the void across the realm.

yeah... Um.. That was me experimenting with dark brotherhood mechanics :p that province won't be sithis in the final version.

Also while we are on the topic of skyrim, check out our nord unit sprites;

stormcloaks.png

:eek: :D.

The sprites look awesome :eek:

That's properly awesome.

So far I have made the Nibeneans and Colovians look a little more like the Oblivion town guards, since that way their tabard can display their liege's colour and flag better. (Similar to the vanilla CK2 uniforms).

I did actually think about making Imperial Isle or the Emperor's personal troops look more regal and like "ridiculously armoured hoplites" but I can't seem to figure out a way to link sprite models with a title (it's usually done by culture).

I dont know if it would work or even if it is what you are talking about but what about how mercenaries are done in the game dont they have their own unit, and cant you link them permanently to a country, so couldn't you link them by title that way? Sorry if that doesn't help or make any sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.