• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
seriusly :O? can you link to that thread?

I think it got deleted. I dont want to post links to other threads here, sorry.

I think it got deleted. I dont want to post links to other threads here, sorry.

The thread is still around, if you mean my old orc portraits, but we're dropping them in favour of an alternative method of portraiting. If you mean the portraits from "The League" Fantasy mod (I believe that is Azkanan's mod), then those won't be used in our mod.

So I was reading through the elder scrolls wiki and found some interesting things about the Khajiit and was wondering what, if any, role they might play in the mod.

"Eventually, the elves and humans drove the beast races into the southern extremes of Tamriel, into the forests and marshes that humans considered uninhabitable. For hundreds of years, the Khajiit existed as dozens, even hundreds, of warring nomadic tribes, a condition which lasted into 2E 309 when the province was finally united under two powerful, formerly warring factions." As the mod setting is before this point, will the Khajiit still be a fractured collection of tribes? I can see uniting the Khajiit tribes while resisting Imperial influence as a very fun goal.

Second, the Khajiit have 4 basic groups of physical appearance (Large Quadruped, Large Biped, Small Biped, Small Quadruped) and up to 20 "breeds" within these groups. Will the different types of Khajiit play any role in the mod? I can see it being something that could be reflected via a race specific trait perhaps, but it would probably be pretty hard to include any more than a few of the more human breeds.

So I was reading through the elder scrolls wiki and found some interesting things about the Khajiit and was wondering what, if any, role they might play in the mod.

"Eventually, the elves and humans drove the beast races into the southern extremes of Tamriel, into the forests and marshes that humans considered uninhabitable. For hundreds of years, the Khajiit existed as dozens, even hundreds, of warring nomadic tribes, a condition which lasted into 2E 309 when the province was finally united under two powerful, formerly warring factions." As the mod setting is before this point, will the Khajiit still be a fractured collection of tribes? I can see uniting the Khajiit tribes while resisting Imperial influence as a very fun goal.

Korbah said:
In theory, from 2E450 until sometime in the 4th era, at least that is the span of time we have right now, that is about 1,200-some years. Although the beta is likely only going to have a 2E450 start.
This is a small piece of reference information from our own forums (we can't change the way CK2 shows dates, so we'll be using the following numbers, 2E450 translates to rough 3370);

Mod setting is 2E450 or later, which last I did the math comes after 2E309.

Second, the Khajiit have 4 basic groups of physical appearance (Large Quadruped, Large Biped, Small Biped, Small Quadruped) and up to 20 "breeds" within these groups. Will the different types of Khajiit play any role in the mod? I can see it being something that could be reflected via a race specific trait perhaps, but it would probably be pretty hard to include any more than a few of the more human breeds.

Mod setting is 2E450 or later, which last I did the math comes after 2E309.

As richvh says, the mod is set from 2E450 on, which is after the marriage between Kiergo and Eshita unified the two largest realms (Anequina and Pellitine), forming Elsweyr. We're tweaking the setup in Elsweyr, but it won't be as fractured as say, Argonia or Valenwood.

Pretty much right now yes, sea provinces are very low priority, especially without naval combat -.-
(So this is where you disappeared to from DMS? :ninja:)

Wasn't much to do there anymore, so I moved over here I guess.

I would gladly be of any assistance if you guys are looking for more help, both graphically and coding (events, decisions, "history" and map.)

This mod is coming up really nicely. I love the lore you got going there. Question, will there be CHIM in the game?

This mod is coming up really nicely. I love the lore you got going there. Question, will there be CHIM in the game?

From what little I understand of CHIM, it seems like it would be a very difficult concept to introduce to Crusader Kings 2 to any significant level. If you have any ideas though, let us know.

Yeah, I don't think there's a way to put CHIM. I guess if you really want it, the best thing I can think of would be to make it a trait, and a very very very very very rare trait, that gives like what, +10 to all stats?

DEVELOPMENT DIARY 2

I'm back and it's time for our first region specific diary. High Rock I like to call the Ireland of ESM. High Rock is heavily split up like it was in lore however with there no evidence that the northern regions of Northpoint, Jehenna, and Farrun were like the Illiac Bay we took some liberties and made them a province or two bigger.

Here's a map again of the region of High Rock
http://i.imgur.com/uxMiD.jpg

Here's High Rock's religions zoomed in
http://i.imgur.com/kqPq9.jpg

And here's High Rock's cultures
http://i.imgur.com/CKsco.jpg

So that's what High Rock looks like but I'm sure you want some info on whose there or what wars are going on don't you? Well I came prepared for that with a list of interesting characters you might want to pick to start off in High Rock.

Kingdom of Wayrest: Like many other kingdoms in High Rock this kingdom only have 1 province but does have the prestige to back up a one province kingdom. Headed by Theranis III Gardner.(The historical dynasty that ruled Wayrest since 1100 actually in the lore.) the Gardner dynasty has the potential to expand swiftly and take the lands that should belong to Wayrest(and properly do after the Warp in the West.) but there is the northern threat of Orsinium who could crush your dreams instantly.

The Direnni: The Altmer once ruled all of High Rock but since the days of Reman Cyrodiil and the Cyrodilic Empire their days are numbered. After the death of Gelephor Direnni the lands were divided between his four children three sons and one daughter. This dynasty has the potential to return Altmer dominance to High Rock and restore the Direnni Hegemony of old.(A note the Isle of Balfiera is the homeland of the Direnni so if one wants to go the route of making it a true resurgence picking Ancotar is best.)

Orsinium: I do understand that technically the Kingdom of Orsinium was destroyed in the first era however we also knew that people would want to play orcs and other then orsinium we weren't sure of count level or above orcs existing(there are baronys but those aren't playable.) The Kingdom of Orsinium is not united though and thus it can be conquered. It is unique in having a Daedra religion devoted to Malacath.

Remaining Kingdoms of High Rock: The other most interesting states are Daggerfall, Camlorn, Evermore, and Northpoint. Each are titular kingdoms but obviously if you gain the lands of the duchy they are within that titular kingdom might become de jure and begin the fall of the province of High Rock.

Like stated before there are a few interesting states you can form between the Direnni Hegemony and obviously the United Kingdom of High Rock(I just added the United cause it felt right :p it won't show that way on the map.) or you can obliterate both of those and make your own kingdom the true kingdom in the region.

Next location we'll be visiting is Skyrim I'll once again show a sample picture. Please if you have any questions about specific characters in High Rock do post them and I'll answer to the best of my ability :)

Here's the map of Skyrim
http://i.imgur.com/3ZF7g.jpg

Orsinium: I do understand that technically the Kingdom of Orsinium was destroyed in the first era however we also knew that people would want to play orcs and other then orsinium we weren't sure of count level or above orcs existing(there are baronys but those aren't playable.) The Kingdom of Orsinium is not united though and thus it can be conquered. It is unique in having a Daedra religion devoted to Malacath.

I <3 you good sir!

keeping an eye on this. I sincerely hope that ya'll allow for the option of starting with only counties, and no established kingdoms and duchies. I'd love to have a setting in which all counties are independent at the start, just because it'd be immensely fun to build up my own history for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.