• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I think if I were going to get into the sort of details involved in mapping every "lore" variant, make, and model of every weapon into the +/- system, I'd be tempted to start with the weapons and their "lore" attributes, map them into the system, and then derive their +/- rating from their attributes.

And I'd start with a lot more potential neg/pos attributes than damage, instability, accuracy, and critical. I'd also include min range, max range, heat, indirect accuracy, recoil, etc.

(For example, by lore, Clan LRMs are direct-fire weapons, which is why they have no minimum range penalty -- so I'd also give them all an indirect fire penalty, on top of the standard in the game mechanics, to reflect this.)

(Which is pretty much where GT's mod goes with it, I think.)

Last edited:
I think if I were going to get into the sort of details involved in mapping every "lore" variant, make, and model of every weapon into the +/- system, I'd be tempted to start with the weapons and their "lore" attributes, map them into the system, and then derive their +/- rating from their attributes.

And I'd start with a lot more potential neg/pos attributes than damage, instability, accuracy, and critical. I'd also include min range, max range, heat, indirect accuracy, recoil, etc.

(For example, by lore, Clan LRMs are direct-fire weapons, which is why they have no minimum range penalty -- so I'd also give them all an indirect fire penalty, on top of the standard in the game mechanics, to reflect this.)

It's not mapping ever "lore" variant.
It's editing existing json files and not having to add a modtek download in which the GT mod is separate.

It's something simple to do with existing attributes that are known.
Currently +++ weapons are rather overpowered when compared to the original stock weapons.

I just came back to Battletech after about 6 months away. I couldn't take the weapon balance, so I rebalanced all the weapons again. I still have to test it, but if there's interest I could upload my changes so others can use them (no guarantee I'll keep everything up to date - so anyone else is free to maintain this)