• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

iDreadReapr

First Lieutenant
8 Badges
Jun 2, 2019
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Age of Wonders: Shadow Magic
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall Deluxe edition
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall Premium edition
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall Season pass
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall Sign Up
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall - Revelations
General
  1. Add an option to disable research complete voices.
  2. Decrease the chance of having dwelling defenders across the map.
  3. Add an endless colony building queue.
  4. Add rally points and way points.
  5. Add more score details. ideas in this thread:
    https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/foru...re-information-on-the-victory-screen.1231318/
User Interface
  1. Allow to see teleporters and orlay destinations links when zoomed out.
  2. Add an "equip all units in stack with mods" feature.
  3. (Implemented) Add option to set default strategic and tactical map game speed.
  4. (Implemented) Display ranks bonuses for each unit in imperial archive.
  5. Add a keyboard toggle to select or shoot at air units in battle.
  6. Add a tab in global interface to check all game settings, chosen perks and land / water %.
  7. Show damage dealt on obstacles, just like aiming at a unit.
  8. Show how many overwatch shots the enemy has when you want to cross an overwatch zone.
  9. Add an option to remove sector titles on the strategic map.
  10. Make keybinding for closing the game chat (by Zaskow).
Multiplayer
  1. Allow defender to decide spending a combat card and choose to manual if attacker has chosen autocombat.
  2. Allow to check teammate's next building queue in colonies, also his ongoing research and operation priming.
  3. (Implemented) Allow teammates to send weapons and mods which they get from map rewards.
  4. Sending messages using Tab should work even if receiver is offline.
  5. Deploy monitor visual animation on deployment should not be seen by opponents.
  6. Add pins or flags on minimap and strategic map, it helps to point out something for teammates.
  7. Replay enemy units movement animation on strategic map at the start of a PBEM turn.
  8. Limit strategic operation casting to 1 each per strategic turn.
  9. Show world type selected by the host in online lobby.
  10. Disable sound effect of Dvar Prospector's prospecting for everyone except owner (by Zaskow).
  11. Make possible to cancel turn timers in the middle of game (by Zaskow).
  12. Add an option to skip battle replay.
Tactical AI
  1. AI units should not step in burning ground, caustic smoke, chemical spill etc.. and take unecessary damage
  2. Reverse Engineer should create a construct at round 1
  3. AI should sprint towards human player units if it has much higher army power so human player cannot run for 6 turns
  4. Trooper, Paragon Soldier and Indentured should not use the 3 range ability unless it's really worth it.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
+1 Especially in regard to:

General

2. Allow colony miltia to be equipped with mods by a colony upgrade or by other ways.
7. Add higher unit ranks after prime.
10. Add rally points and way points for colonies and units.

User Interface

2. Add strategic map camera rotation.
4. Add an "equip all units in stack with mods" feature.
6. Display ranks bonuses for each unit in imperial archive.
8. Add an option in capital or global interface to quickly go to allied npc dwelling screen to buy from it.
12. Add a keyboard toggle to select or shoot at air units in battle.
13. Add a tab in global interface to check all game settings, chosen perks and land / water %.
14. Show damage dealt on obstacles, just like aiming at a unit.

Multiplayer
1. Allow defender to decide spending a combat card and choose to manual if attacker has chosen autocombat.
3. Allow teammates to send weapons and mods which they get from map rewards.
6. Add pins or flags on minimap and strategic map, it helps to point out something for teammates.
7. Replay enemy units movement animation at the start of a PBEM turn. ex: if opponent moved a scout and spotted my troops and retreated (or deleted his scout), i should be able to see his scout movement animation incase i wasnt present.

Additionally: Increase the size of the 'Item Crate' graphic. I couldn't tell you how many times one is hidden behind a colony's spire or nameplate.

Last edited:
Add option to manually set opponent's secret techs in global interface. ex: once i know my opponent's secret tech there should be a place to select it so i can remember it in my next turns.

Actually, it must appear in diplomacy screen when you've spotted ST unit, mod or operation.

Limit strategic operation casting to 1 each per strategic turn.
It's common in multiplayer for attacker having many army buff/debuff operations primed and ready + casting some of it again on enemy army stacks, this is a huge advantage for attacker so i suggest to forbid casting the same strategic operation again per turn and maybe also limit the number of slots for "primed and ready" operations to 2-3. it also make sense to prevent a player to scout up to 18+ hexes ahead with deploying several Monitors.

Disagreed. You can use same operation only 2 times in most cases. Also if defender had high operational defense it makes operation for attackers completely useless.
Also this is issue of PBEM only and such suggestion harms the idea of priming of operations a lot.

Monitors could be more expensive.

My suggestions (mostly for multiplayer)
1. Make option for distance between opponents on map generation. In our live MP matches (2vs2) this value is completely random.
2. Make keybinding for closing the game chat. It was earlier, but you've deleted it... Why?
3. Make possible to cancel turn timers in the middle of game. Reason: we change game mode from simultaneous to classic and want to turn off timer, but we can't. :(

Next suggestions for MP
1. Disable sound effect of Dvar Prospector's prospecting for everyone except owner. Sometimes, it's pretty easy to say which race your opponent has just hearing this effect.
2. Add option to disable replay in tactical combat when you was disconnected (maybe as additional option in game settings before hosting). You must watch all enemy moves again, that's very tedious and time consuming and game is pretty unstable...