• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Is there any way to get the small Metro station from before the Sunset Harbor DLC update???
I am sure that is not possible. The larger metro stations were part of the free patch distributed when Sunset Harbor was released, so everyone got his metro stations replaced. You should however find many different metro station models on the workshop.

Reactions:
That change affected my old cities' metro networks. The new trains are much longer and can't fit on the old stations. Ridership declined by half only because of it.

I can't just replop stations because there are track junctions at each side. I have to rebuild the whole metro network from scratch.

Reactions:
Given that the issue is cited as longer metro trains - would it be possible to solve this via using custom, shorter trains that replicate the old ones, so that the old stations can still be used?

• 1Like
Reactions:
Yes. If the original train were on the Workshop, but it doesn't even have proper textures or model so I doubt the older train exists.

Even the Metro Overhaul trains are too long for the original stations pre-Sunset.

• 1Like
Reactions:
It would be nice if there were a few official models for some of the stuff. Like how you can select regular bus, biofuel bus or school bus.

It would be nice to be able to select small or large metro trains. Both would work in the new stations, and it would help with older saves with the old stations.

Still would like small buses for less busy routes, and large "bendy" / "accordion" buses for busier routes. Regular bus for in between. (30/60/90 capacity perhaps?)

• 1Like
Reactions:
Yes! I got a Graf Zeppelin asset someone made and tried it out. When you change the blimp style to that on one line, it makes a huge zepplin airship that can carry 120 passengers instead of 30. I didn't realized it would be so huge, but it is really cool and realistic. Since the real one was 236.6 m (776 ft) in length, makes sense.
After testing it, I found it's probably better for the busiest connections and the landing stop pad should be elevated a bit for looks around tall buildings since the zeppelins mix with any close buildings at ground level. There is a Hanger depot and a landing pad designed to fit the theme also that work the same as regular blimp buildings.

Anyways, it got me thinking other transit vehicles and stations could have that option without mods also. I have a fancy metro station that someone made, come to think of it. Would have to look in assets that people have made. I'm sure there's lots. Would have to check the date though and read comments to make sure it still works after the patches and DLC's. (Or test it yourself)

Also keep in mind that metro lines can be tweaked individually. The overall budget sets the standard, but each line can be reduced or increased by a % that is based on the main budget. For example, with blimps, I put it to 100% for normal budget giving 12 blimps, but reduced it to 50% for the two lines I have just set up going oposite directions on the same route. So 6 blimps each. Surprisingly I found for one line so far the blimps were filling to max 30/30 so I've put one line up to the 12 vehicles now. For metro, I generally start completely at minimum budget then increase it as passenger need increases. I like having them between 50% to 90% full. If there are most often at 100% with more waiting at the stations, then up goes the budget adding more trains. (Same idea with cargo trains etc) Don't want to clutter the lines with almost empty vehicles (Plus no need to pay the upkeep if not being used). Eventually if the lines are too full, that's when it's time to add another separate one.

What I'm saying I guess is for the metro trains, I see no reason for the small stations any more. It can handle a larger radius now so you also don't need so many close together.