• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
King: 1) will occupied (non-annexed enemy territories) provide income?
2) will there be pillaging or money received from defeating armies and/or forts?

I'll have to double check these two, but instinct says no to the second one.

Edit: Having spoken too those who know these sorts of things I can confirm that the answer is to no to both questions.

Last edited:
I'll have to double check these two, but instinct says no to the second one.

Edit: Having spoken too those who know these sorts of things I can confirm that the answer is to no to both questions.
But I guess foraging is too important a concept to leave out. Looking forward to the supply dev diary which will hopefully answer that :)

Bormio was a part of the Cisalpine Republic, not a part of Switzerland, in 1803. :)

Awesome. Imagine if EU4 were to use a similar combat system to this? Of course may not as indepth, but 300 years of European military fighting using this system and the plethora of other features in a EU game? The greatest game ever made!

Awesome. Imagine if EU4 were to use a similar combat system to this? Of course may not as indepth, but 300 years of European military fighting using this system and the plethora of other features in a EU game? The greatest game ever made!

March of The Eagles has by design got a very detailed combat system, one reason is we at Paradox, and hopefully a bunch of you guys out there, love a good old school wargame. Another thing though is that MoE does not include things like trade and religion that EU has. If you have friends who want to try like our games but find a game like EU simply too much to get into perhaps MoE is the game for them. With really only one thing to focus in and learn this will given the entery point fo rother Paradox games. As for the future of the MoE combat system it is a build on CK2s and who knwos where it will appear in the future.

Zafra? Where in Portugal is there Zafra?

That's probably the worst Division of Portuguese provinces in a Paradox Game I've ever seen, and I've seen a lot since Eu1 and HoI1 where Lisbon was Lissabon...
Zafra is a town in SPANISH extremadura...

I hope your own provinces, if unblocked, count as friendly enough ports -regarding the naval dominnce trade bonus.
Historically speaking that was one of the main ideas with imperialism, ensure you wont run out of trading partners by conquering them.

March of The Eagles has by design got a very detailed combat system, one reason is we at Paradox, and hopefully a bunch of you guys out there, love a good old school wargame. Another thing though is that MoE does not include things like trade and religion that EU has. If you have friends who want to try like our games but find a game like EU simply too much to get into perhaps MoE is the game for them. With really only one thing to focus in and learn this will given the entery point fo rother Paradox games. As for the future of the MoE combat system it is a build on CK2s and who knwos where it will appear in the future.
I've got lots of friends who love hearts of iron 3 but not other paradox games. This sounds like it'll be very good in multiplayer. I think it'll be good for that purpose. So far I haven't seen any systems that would detract from multiplayer based on what I know. I shall certainly be checking out the demo.