• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
While that is probaböy true, why not have them there as harder countries to play for those who want more of a challenge? And it's not purely random countries either as all of them were involved in these wars and I've seen several other Napoleonic wargames that include these countries as well.

They would be fun to play as a challenge but they should at least have different goals than the other great powers who the napoleonic wars revolved around, for example Ottomans becoming the land/naval dominating nation is simply impossible, even if the player manages to overthrow the jannisaries who cripple the empire; Its not just because Ottomans were too weak to challenge anyone, but also because the napoleonic wars werent the main concern for the Ottomans, maybe rather their loss of Egypt or the Serbian rebellion, or even Persia.

Well, maybe the Ottomans don't need global naval dominance but just Mediterranean? I'm not sure, but it should be quite impossible for them to beat Britain or France over the entire line.

As coalitions seem to be in place, Portugal can win in an alliance with Spain, AFAIK.

I am yet to see it 100% confirmed (I guess we will hear it from a dev sooner or later) My point was more in the terms of making 3 (none winable) majors and winable anyway just for the sake of more challenge, surely it would just be better to make all be able to win then (if you follow that concept)

But if you are content that it will work this way (as joint victories in alliances) no problem that would atleast be ok for me, still not what I would have done! but then again still great enough :)
Can't wait until the next DD.

They would be fun to play as a challenge but they should at least have different goals than the other great powers who the napoleonic wars revolved around, for example Ottomans becoming the land/naval dominating nation is simply impossible, even if the player manages to overthrow the jannisaries who cripple the empire; Its not just because Ottomans were too weak to challenge anyone, but also because the napoleonic wars werent the main concern for the Ottomans, maybe rather their loss of Egypt or the Serbian rebellion, or even Persia.

Yes there should be local goals im0 (since its focused on goals) you could call them secoundary goals and main goals..

because the napoleonic wars werent the main concern for the Ottomans

Well it might be when you're playing them.

My point was more in the terms of making 3 (none winable) majors

Who said they're not able to win? Johan only said it will be much harder to win as one of those three countries.

Who said they're not able to win? Johan only said it will be much harder to win as one of those three countries.

I think you misunderstood my question let me try and rephase

I know Sweden Ottoman etc can win! (they could not IRL!! no way and are not really majors) but they are here!! you said you made them "able" to win on their own for challenge, then I asked why not make Portugal or Denmark-Norway or Naples it seems are in able to win solo as a goal ? these three are also free countries and some of them almost (not quite) as powerfull as Sweden was, (some of them stronger in naval actually) whats the reason not to make all free states able to win ??

Personal I rather have seen secoundary goals and winning condition as smaller countries! IE. as the one above us ask, making Naples have a goal to unite Italy ? and then with a main goal of winning in coalition with someone (thats still fine to me) Since there is not super much information I can't say for certain how it all works and thus its hard to argue about stuff :) so don't get to annoyed if I ask something silly..

So what would your reason be not to make those other minors get the same treatment as Sweden and Ottomans IE ?

I hope you understand my question and suggestion now :) and thanks for the response

What if I want to play Naples or the Papal State and try to unite Italy. How would I win?

Because it's alt-history and not fantasy :)

I know Sweden Ottoman etc can win! (they could not IRL!! no way and are not really majors) but they are here!! you said you made them "able" to win on their own for challenge, then I asked why not make Portugal or Denmark-Norway or Naples it seems are in able to win solo as a goal ? these three are also free countries and some of them almost (not quite) as powerfull as Sweden was, (some of them stronger in naval actually) whats the reason not to make all free states able to win ??

Sure, I've seen Denmark included as a playable major in some Napoleonic wargames. I guess King and Johan though eight was a good number for the majors (they used the same number in Victoria II as well).

Sure, I've seen Denmark included as a playable major in some Napoleonic wargames. I guess King and Johan though eight was a good number for the majors (they used the same number in Victoria II as well).

Yes but in Victoria you can become a major!! thats why I love that system! I know that system would most likely not work with this game (due to the duration)
But I still think its silly to lock on 8 majors and make it ahistorical thats after all what making Sweden and Ottomans into majors are :D

Thats why I think your last post makes no sense (for danishposh) because its just as much fantasy to believe Sweden or Ottoman could win solo in this age as it is to see Naples unite Italy :) (I hope you get my point) its not that I dislike having more choices I just rather have seen it for all (if you already make it a historical) if you made it historical there should be many different goals and only France should want to conquest all :)

PS. Denmark-Norway was a minor in this age!! same was portugal but also Sweden.

If you really want to have goals as Denmark:
Once you installed the game, go to March of the Eagles\history\countries\denemark.txt
Change major = no to major = yes
Then go to March of the Eagles\common\victory.txt
And add DEN = { (list of the cities you want) }

What I want to say, it's a paradox game: everything is ultra-moddable. If you don't like something, change it.

Well, Im sure Ottomans would've been more into napoleonic wars if they could issue reforms, but any reform the sultan tried to make would be turned down by the janissaries. However the sultan was in the process of getting rid of the janissaries by raising a modern-style army, I've read somewhere that reforms are going to be a part of the game so can we please have a military reform for the Ottomans that is related to getting rid of the janissaries?

If you really want to have goals as Denmark:
Once you installed the game, go to March of the Eagles\history\countries\denemark.txt
Change major = no to major = yes
Then go to March of the Eagles\common\victory.txt
And add DEN = { (list of the cities you want) }

What I want to say, it's a paradox game: everything is ultra-moddable. If you don't like something, change it.

You in the beta? If so, I'm glad to finally have this confirmed, not that I want to add Denmark, I want to remove Sweden, Spain and Ottoman Empire.

do not discuss the beta in a public forum

Is that have a link with my last post (disappeared)? Because there is absolutly no link to any beta in my knowledge... It was only a wild guess.

I'm guessing safferli got worried that you were in the beta (I checked the same when I saw the post earlier :D). I'll restore your post.

Clarification: Samwell is not in the beta and his post above was a guess as how it will work.

Status
Not open for further replies.