• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
rafiki said:
Azores wasn't half bad either :nods:

But they totally missed Madeira.

venislav2 said:
why not create different cultures on the Balkans-Serbian,Bulgarian,Croatian
this south slavic is incorrect
And the posibilty to convert to culture-veeery expensive and hard to happen

well, the game takes place before the era of nationalism, and i'm against cultural conversion. Those things ussually take a millenia or so. If Paradox decided to partition larger cultures, like scandinavian, german or iberian, then the should do the same with slavonic. otherwise i see no point. And how do you propose we define Slovenian? Alpine Croats? Or Montenegrin and Macedonian? It serves no purpose.

But there should be different religious groups in one province. For example 60% Orthodox Christians, 35% Sunni Muslims and 5% Shiite Muslims. The revolt risk could than be calculated depending on the size of the "not-state-religion" religion.

I think having different ethnicities in one province would rather be something for the age of nationalism.

Matija said:
99.5% is a bit of a stretch, don't you think ;)?
That may be, altough I do hope there are a few intelligent people with sense of humour. But yeah, let's say 99.9% so that at most I am stretching 0.1%. I mean even at worst case a 0.1% error can't be seen as a horrible mistake, can it?

Basileios I said:
Asia Minor needs a rehaul, too. More provinces and enlarged compared to Europe. It is too small on the EU2 map.
Yup. Should be comparable to Iberia.

LouisSteColombe said:
What about a balkan culture :p :D ? Just for forum fun and moaning :)

Louis,
Best idea yet.

Venislav2 said:
why not create different cultures on the Balkans-Serbian,Bulgarian,Croatian
this south slavic is incorrect
And the posibilty to convert to culture-veeery expensive and hard to happen

Don't forget the Carantanian (Slovenian), Macedonian, Dalmatian cultures and also the possible non slavic like the various Vlach, Albanian, Greek, Wallachian, Moldavian, Romanian and so on and so on.

Of the latter, which I have called non-slavic, we would first have to agree on if some of them are Slavic or not.

:D

Veldmaarschalk said:
Don't forget the Carantanian (Slovenian), Macedonian, Dalmatian cultures and also the possible non slavic like the various Vlach, Albanian, Greek, Wallachian, Moldavian, Romanian and so on and so on.

Of the latter, which I have called non-slavic, we would first have to agree on if some of them are Slavic or not.

:D
Why not do the same to Sweden? I can think of:

Scanians
Blekinge
Smålännings
Ölandians
Stocholmians
Gnällbeltians
Westswedes
Gotlands
Dalafolk
Norrlännings (could be slipt down to Gävlingars, Luleåingar and so on)

Veldmaarschalk said:
Wallachian ... Romanian
Waitwaitwait! I am not sure these two should be two different cultures. I think it should be better to split them to four (or five) cultures, because they else are too unified compared to the slavic cultures, and that would be unfair against the slavs in the area. I think Neo-Romanian, Semislavoromanian, Postlatinogreekoromanian, Neowallachian, Wallachian and Romania would be a better representation of the situation.

This would also allow a more realistic representation of the other cultures in the area. In addition, Balkans should have about 23 new provinces added to it (the additions are so obvious I will not even bother to type them here), which each should have a unique primary and secondary culture. Also, there should be an option for the player, if he so wishes, to unify all the cultures in any given province to one of the main cultures (bulgarians, serbs or croats, but not some of the other cultures in the area as they are not cultures but just people living in mud-huts and they thus have no culture, and this should be damn obvious) as the *player* sees it fit to be. Also, any player choosing to use this option should have their personal data sent to a general registry that is upkeeped by Paradox and which is open to all player to view, so that after one year of gaming a special "Balkan patch" should be developed. In this "Balkan patch" a further 18 new provinces and 23 cultures will be added, based on the information Paradox has collected (unless 1/3 of players from Balkans veto these changes, in which case only the new provinces should be added), and the naming of the provinces and cultures should also be changed as per the fact which players have generated most victory-points by playing all the Paradox games (Paradox should keep a register of these scores).

All this would lead to an accurate and enjoyable representation of the Balkans.

After all this quarrel about to Balkan which has gone on for years I would be surprised if nothing was changed, but I'm sure all Balkanizers will find subjects to yeall about in the future too.

yourworstnightm said:
After all this quarrel about to Balkan which has gone on for years I would be surprised if nothing was changed, but I'm sure all Balkanizers will find subjects to yeall about in the future too.

I wouldn't bet against it! :D

Leave all as it is and focus on upgrading first of all AI,warfare and domestic policies, and then on colonizing and then on trade and then on events and then on leader names and then on statistic screen background and all more important things for gameplay and leave Balkan argues for strange looking people with very sad social lives.

Venislav2 said:
in eu2 we had a one province "albaninan" culture,so why not different cultures for at least the main population groups-Serbians,Croats,Bulgarians and Vlahs
Because you're all the same! :D

The best would be to have different provinces and Serbo-Croatian as culture
962.gif
;)

Venislav2 said:
in eu2 we had a one province "albaninan" culture,so why not different cultures for at least the main population groups-Serbians,Croats,Bulgarians and Vlahs

But Croats, Serbians and to some degree Bulgarians are culturally/linguistically very similar. IMO there is no reason to seperate them until the rise of nationalism.

Albania is different because the Albanians *are* very different from the Slavs.

The Vlachs are already in AFAIK with "Romanian" culture. IMO Romanian should be renamed into Vlach for EUIII.

Sleepyhead said:
Because you're all the same! :D

Same like with scandinavian culture.

Status
Not open for further replies.