• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Muscovy?

The russian clonial adventure begins!

That ceiling's gonna be the death of the king - somebody do something about it! :mad:

You really should do a Shakespearean AAR. We have gone from Macbeth to King Lear.

Sigh. Mali, Mali, Mali. Has it come to this - that the only viable option is to colonise the desert? Maybe you can call the colony Arrakis.

Maybe you can call the colony Arrakis.

I would dearly love to see Mamadu come from the sands riding the Shai-Hulud.

There are big reservoirs of Spices in Sahara, without them Mali Space Guild will lose its ability to guide space ships!

The spice must flow! Or is it wine? Mamadu is confused.

I would dearly love to see Mamadu come from the sands riding the Shai-Hulud.

Nah, given the tech group that's probably replaced by some ordinary worm.

I love the atmosphere of decadence in Mamadu's court.

World crumbling around, but eh... whatever... do we care...? oh, forget, life's good as long as there are women (one a princess at that!), poetry and whine. I mean WINE!

Naturally, without sufficient wine supplies people get too energetic. Mamadu's no exception.

RGB - I've seen some Russian action in Africa in my current V2 game, so you never know... :D

morningSIDEr - I think he learnt his priorities from a certain Scottish general exiled in Oyo :rolleyes:

Johan11 - That's what happens when you give the Russians a warm water port...

Malurous - Indeed, mud-brick buildings need a lot of maintenance...

Rockingluke - That's a very good point, thanks! Still, not happy that the game allows such culture switches in the middle of Africa in the 16th century, but there you go, I'll have to live with the existing mechanics...

Davout, RGB, Athalcor, Malurous - that's an idea... but if I ever do a Dune AAR I'd definitely use the random map mod and remove all the sea tiles.

gabor - after so many years stuck with the same provinces, decadence is the only glorious thing left :D Lack of wine is always a powerful catalyst...

With the second act finished I'm putting this on hold until November. I'd like to play the third act until conclusion and then write it, instead of playing and writing each turn as I've been doing so far. In the meantime you could always pop in my new Victoria 2 AAR :rolleyes: