• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
It almost seems like the patch notes should include spoiler tags for all the other changes they may or may not have made.

And honestly, it makes me curious to know if this was done intentionally as a bit of an experiment to see what sorts of changes players are likely to notice. If it is, I'd be interested in knowing what was learned from it.
Elon Musk just personally delivered my Warhammer to the mech bay....anyone else have that happen?

The last patch appears to have upgraded the graphics (or let my card display them properly). Noticed it especially in the Grim Sybil mission (looked better), it also choked my card pretty well, in that mission (it's the minimum spec card though, to be fair).

Well, the normal Campaign (with custom difficulty) mode works well - guess i will simply emulate Ironman then.
Had yesterday my Peak CPU Temp at 82° Celsius (~180 Fahreneheit) and the game did not crash...but my temp Alarm got ringing...cleaned the dust filters (more air into the case) and it got down to mid 70s...the weather is simply to hot...

Well, the normal Campaign (with custom difficulty) mode works well - guess i will simply emulate Ironman then.
Had yesterday my Peak CPU Temp at 82° Celsius (~180 Fahreneheit) and the game did not crash...but my temp Alarm got ringing...cleaned the dust filters (more air into the case) and it got down to mid 70s...the weather is simply to hot...

My game runs pretty smooth without any temp issues. I have a Ryzen 1700 w/ stock wraith spire air cooler, and an RX 580 graphics card. It's ~75 F room temp, and I'm maxing out at 65 C on cpu, and 75 C on GPU with long play throughs (4-5 hours).

Only issue I noticed from the recent update is once in a while I get brief micro-stutters while in combat, that was not present in the previous version. Just minor gripe, nothing game breaking or crazy.

Well, my Hardware is from end of 2011 and early 2012 with a SSD (250GB Samsung EVO 850) added in 2015 and a new GPU (RX480 Nitro 8GB) in 2017.
Usually my FX8350 wont exceed temps of high 50° or low 60° but somehow Battletech makes it burn - its not as bad as in the beginning though since they patched it.
Still Battletech somehow puts a higher temp burden on my PC than GTA or MWO.
I wait for the 7nm Ryzen…

EU IV Ironman works flawless - but its another game and HBS not Paradox until recently...

Hey!
The Game is very good now! So, what about Linux version???
We are waiting more 4 month, Unity engine can make Linux version...
That's literally what they're working on now. ;)

https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/foru...ech-update-1-1-release-notes-updated.1106661/

Update110.jpg

"The next items on our roadmap are Linux and localized versions of the game. We’re making good progress on Linux and hope to have more specifics to share soon. Unfortunately, we hit some unexpected setbacks on localization, and localized versions of the game (German, French, and Russian) will take longer than we previously thought. We're actively working through it and bringing more people onto the effort, as it’s a top priority for the studio. We’ll update you on Linux and localized version release dates as soon as we have them.

Thank you for your support and pleaseenjoyBATTLETECH 1.1!

-- HBS"

If you really want it fixed it's a super simple text fix. Find "AlliedMaxContractDifficulty" in SimGameConstants.json and increase the number by 1.

I can't thank you enough for posting this bug fix! I applied your bug fix to my game and I can now accept the 5-skull contract that previously stated "faction reputation too low". :)

Last edited: