• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
It *would* be helpful if, on patch release, the previous game version were added to the "Beta" versions list. Paradox do this with Stellaris, which is really helpful if you play a modded game. (Now, if the Steam Workshop made it easier to provide a mod with different downloads for different game versions...)

It *would* be helpful if, on patch release, the previous game version were added to the "Beta" versions list. Paradox do this with Stellaris, which is really helpful if you play a modded game. (Now, if the Steam Workshop made it easier to provide a mod with different downloads for different game versions...)
I think previous patches being left available is already being done?

Edit: info for how to switch to prior versions.
Most platforms do offer a way to run prior versions of the game on an opt-in basis (by default they will stay patched to the latest version).

Steam
Right click BATTLETECH choose Properties -> BETAS tab -> Select in the dropdown the version of the game you want to roll back to.

index.php

GOG Galaxy
More -> Settings -> Uncheck "Automatically update to newest version" -> Click the radio button for the version you want to install.

index.php

Paradox Plaza Launcher
Game Settings -> Click the Install button next to the version you want to install.

index.php

Last edited:
I noticed a new issue that just started

When I go to my mech bay and try to scroll through weapons and equipment, the page will scroll back to the top and will not let me scroll down. If it scrolls down, it goes right back to the top.

Also my Black Night had a PPC and 2 Large lasers as well as a small laser and many larger lasers. My mech was damaged badly taking out both Large Lasers and my PPC and heatsinks. When I removed and re-added the damaged, I was now 1 pt over weight

Just played the Smithon ammo dump mission and all the trees and debris fields were missing. Also, not sure if this is a bug or just lazy programming but the cargo trucks carrying said cargo were actually HQ vehicles.

Wow I really feel bad for the people having graphics issues. Especially since Im using a dinosaur of a computer with the 'newest' piece of hardware being the GTX 680 SC Signature video card.
*Nelson laughs*

Heh, I have 355 hours invested in this game and have yet to complete it. Why? Well, it finally smacked me across the face. No more mods. I'm one of those people who don't try to rush anything, but enjoy all aspects of stuff that is to be offered. I loved what multiple mods did for the game but now realize that I'll never be able to finish anything playing with them. You guys refuse to really provide for mod support knowing that there is a lot of improvement needed in the game. And every time I get close, you seem to release another somewhat unimportant patch taking close to 1gb to download and end up screwing up my game. So yeah, I don't even have the desire to go back in and start over YET AGAIN. It'll probably be weeks or months before I play again. This is just too much. If you're going to patch the game, make it important, ok? Or at least support the community be supporting the modders. At least THEY are trying to help the game - unlike you jokers.

Ever since you allowed that [mod edit: language/disrespect] streamer to have early access to the game you guys have been a constant disappointment. Well, for my money, I got a few hundred hours. Guess that's good enough. Time to uninstall and save space for other games. Empyrion is rocking right now.. and oh yeah, they're still in Alpha, but actually listen to their customer base, support their modders AND the regular updates they do are actually meaningful! You should take them as an example to follow!

PGI has lost me as a customer.

Good news, my angry young friend. All you need to do is re-run the BTML injector like so [mod edit: no links] 1Mpstark/ModTek/wiki/The-Drop-Dead-Simple-Guide-to-Installing-BTML-&-ModTek-&-ModTek-mods and I will let you borrow by skirt and pompoms.

Last edited by a moderator:
I mean, also, modding is explicitly unsupported. Not frowned upon or anything, just not officially supported. That's why there wasn't even a mod forum for ages until the modding community got big enough that it became ridiculous to not give them a subforum. There's a reason it says "UNSUPPORTED!" in all caps in the forum title :p

and why they havent solve the steam updating problem?? is it really difficult?
Considering the symptoms, it's almost certainly something HBS can't fix at all... it's an issue with the Steam code itself and Valve is the only one that can find a fix.

There is quite a big bunch of updates and fixes in this update that's not in the patch notes.
Things like more chatty pilots both on the Argo and in combat. I have also heard new comments from pilots.
Also, they made the mechbay look a bit sharper. Or they added some graphic code that my GPU didnt "understand" before =).

Anyone else noticed new stuff from this patch? I love getting tons of updates btw, but they need to brag about them!

There is quite a big bunch of updates and fixes in this update that's not in the patch notes.
It almost seems like the patch notes should include spoiler tags for all the other changes they may or may not have made.

And honestly, it makes me curious to know if this was done intentionally as a bit of an experiment to see what sorts of changes players are likely to notice. If it is, I'd be interested in knowing what was learned from it.

Tried to Play an Iroman but 2 times failed for advancing not the timeline - first time right after the Tutorial i dont get the second Mission but a Leopard Dropship without any menu and second time after the mining Mission the timeline simply does not Advance...

Tried to Play an Iroman but 2 times failed for advancing not the timeline - first time right after the Tutorial i dont get the second Mission but a Leopard Dropship without any menu and second time after the mining Mission the timeline simply does not Advance...
Were both those attempts since Update 1.2?

I’ve not encountered either situation but then my current Campaign predates the Update.