• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Honestly, I know Xeno-Compatibility is an age-old fantasy/sci-fi idea, but it's the least realistic thing in speculative fiction. (And that includes obvious handwavium like why people don't get ill from alien bacteria, or all planets being like Earth, or violating thermodynamics or the square-cube law)

Even Naomi and Buri stretches credibility; sure, Naomi's egg cells and Buri's sperm will have been re-engineered (the next big story point is them going into surgery to have the relevant operations) but realistically her body would probably reject the baby or have an allergic reaction or something similar biologically going wrong. Between her great-grandmother and grandmother's research and Cibbav's research, the colony's medical care and her willingness to do whatever it takes (for example, taking extremely powerful immunosuppressants to try to reduce the possibility the baby is considered a threat) then there's enough backing that it doesn't seem too impossible.

But it's still easily the least plausible piece of the narrative.

Honestly, I know Xeno-Compatibility is an age-old fantasy/sci-fi idea, but it's the least realistic thing in speculative fiction. (And that includes obvious handwavium like why people don't get ill from alien bacteria, or all planets being like Earth, or violating thermodynamics or the square-cube law)

Even Naomi and Buri stretches credibility; sure, Naomi's egg cells and Buri's sperm will have been re-engineered (the next big story point is them going into surgery to have the relevant operations) but realistically her body would probably reject the baby or have an allergic reaction or something similar biologically going wrong. Between her great-grandmother and grandmother's research and Cibbav's research, the colony's medical care and her willingness to do whatever it takes (for example, taking extremely powerful immunosuppressants to try to reduce the possibility the baby is considered a threat) then there's enough backing that it doesn't seem too impossible.

But it's still easily the least plausible piece of the narrative.
I disagree. While Xeno-Compatibility might seem far-fetched, the story's focus on advanced genetic engineering and thorough medical research adds a layer of credibility. Naomi and Buri's situation, supported by generations of research and advanced medical care, provides a strong basis for the plausibility of their reproductive challenges. So, it's not necessarily the least plausible aspect of the narrative.

I know. I've worked a Stellaris-internally consistent justification into the story. But there's not much less plausible in the narrative.

Hopefully.

The A-type star with a habitable planet is probably the next questionable, but that's Stellaris' fault, not mine.

Last edited:
Concept Writing - Ruki Of Unity, at a few months old

I have less than a second until I hit the ground. I fling my hands out, selecting a piece of grass so that the impact is better absorbed, bending my arms as I hit so that my arms do not lock in place and subsequently break my still growing bones. I relax my body in an effort to make it have a softer landing. Walking is difficult, I've learned that. I get ahead of my body and I trip. I hit the ground. I try to dampen the reverberation through my body. The harmonics jar for a little while.

I'm getting tired. I lie just down.

Mum stands beside me, like she always does. "Mum, I'm tired. Would you pick me up?"

She squats beside me, and smiles to encourage me. "You can do it Ruki."

"Mum, my arms are experiencing a high level of pain along the muscles I need to use to push myself up. Similar with muscles in my back and legs. Lactic acid buildup is triggering pain stimuli, and I need a moment to recover blood oxygen content."

"Rise, Ruki." Her tone is comforting, yet also a command.

"Help me Mum."

She strokes my cheek. "Ruki, I love you my son. But you won't always have me; you need to learn the inner strength and determination to rise each time you fall. Now rise."

I close my eyes. Feel the wind, smell it's scents. Feel Mum beside me. Sis watching me. I work out how much effort I have to put into jumping, then work out if I can put that through my arms. Maybe, it's a lot... I push as hard as I can. Push through the pain to provide a lifting force that will apply a turning moment that will carry my body back through to vertical, then articulate my back and legs into a position I can stand in. I look at my hands, dirt on my claws.

Now Mum picks me up, and nuzzles me. "I'm proud of you, Ruki."

So, some updates:

1. We now have a cover image.
2. I've removed the (Started) label from the thread title as while it was useful at the time, it has been almost thirty pages since then.
3. I've found out that you can do custom star systems in Children of a Dead Earth. :)
4. The downside is figuring out how to do it, and figuring out appropriate values for everything, is going to be very tricky.

But, once it's done we will be able actually apply realistic numbers for Life2.0's ships, which will be a massive story helping tool; I don't really trust extrapolating numbers from Stellaris' gameplay because let's be honest, Stellaris makes no effort to model actual star system scale.

3. I've found out that you can do custom star systems in Children of a Dead Earth. :)
4. The downside is figuring out how to do it, and figuring out appropriate values for everything, is going to be very tricky.
So, does this mean one of your future AARs will be a Stellaris/Children of a Dead Earth crossover? I can't be the only one mixing and matching games here. ;)

Life2.0 and TerraGen Dominion have both ended up being Stellaris/CoaDE crossovers. :)

TerraGen Dominion Volume 1 especially, as it is all within our star system. Volume 2 is when we will see the stars, and Volume 3 is when it's nature will truly become apparent.

Naomi is going to have a son that she'll train? Hopefully that doesn't offend Rivkah too much...

So, I set up a rough draft of the Kidore system in CoaDE, and what I've learned is that the scale of an A-type star system is pretty damn big. The first draft was also too small, and even then transit times were in the years to get anywhere in the inner system.

Most online calculators don't really support A-type stars for obvious reasons, but this https://forums.frontier.co.uk/threads/jackies-hab-zone-calculator-version-2.303159/ reckons Unity will be somewhere between 2.96AU and 4.44AU out. Keeping Kidore I, Ia and II potentially terraformable puts them from 2.31AU out.

The good news therefore, is that the asteroid belt between Kidore II and Unity is quite reasonably within the habitable zone.

Kidore IV and V and moons however, need tweaking as the calculator reckons can't exist as iceballs unless they are 10AU out; it reckons they should be ocean worlds. Or at least, I think WW means "Water World", the calulator was meant for Elite: Dangerous and I haven't found any documentation for it. But, that isn't a bad thing! It just means that Life2.0's researchers have to discover why those worlds aren't oceans. Invoke authorial fiat for the gas giants and stick Kidore VIII at 10.3AU out and we now have a much more interesting star system.

Untitled.jpg

Naomi is going to have a son that she'll train? Hopefully that doesn't offend Rivkah too much...
He'll have to be trained. It would be dangerous for him and those around him if his capabilities weren't - physically, well, imagine a tantrum from a toddler who's enhanced muscles and skeletal structure could leave a dent in lower grade steels. Emotionally he will need a lot of help as he processes the massive issues he has to face, mentally he has to deal properly with the fact he's more intelligent than most of the colony combined, and he'll need constant medical attention to observe and deal with medical issues that result from being a brand new lifeform - there's only so much screening the colony can preemptively do.

The upside of course, is that his capabilities once matured will be vast.

Life2.0 Liberation Asset Design Bureau
Technical Brief:
"L2NA Loveboat One"

Mission Brief:
"Take Alexandra and Thando for a short tour of the inner system as a technical test of Orion pusher-plate propulsion systems and operations."

20230826193732_1.jpg

In-Universe:

I have many fond memories of "Loveboat One". It was where I had my honeymoon. The ship itself is a twelve metre pusher-plate Orion; a thousand nuclear bombs to go places. And there's no windows, just viewscreens. Some science equipment to pass the time. Our first Orion ship - this was the start of it all.
Declaring Officer: Strategos Alexandra HaMaadimi

Out-Of-Universe:
A brief look at a visual reference for the colony's first pusher-plate ship. Let's be honest, CoaDE doesn't do visuals well. Note the substantial RCS thrusters; unlike normal rockets where you can gimbal the main engine, Orions cannot turn the pusher-plate. Really bad things happen if you have off-centre detonations. Two radiator circuits for a hot and cold system - 2600K Nuclear reactor for power supply, 290K for crew module respectively. It has to be kept in mind that down means towards the pusher-plate; it is not a horizontally aligned ship as is normal in Stellaris.

Nice image!

Alexandra HaMaadimi, huh? Did Alexandra have a surname before Unity?

What Could We Be?
"What Could We Be?"
27th Odoos, 9 (2188)
Sophia Dexcius

I'm nervous as I take my seat in the recording booth. Nakuma is hosting a public debate on how the colony should respond to the Olinbar, letting people air their perspectives. I check my notes for the... twelfth time? Kind of lost count here.

Li begins. "Well, one of our ongoing topics to consider is the role of Olinbar in our society. I've invited Sophia Dexcius to speak today. So, Sophia, I know you have prepared notes for your statement. Would you like to begin?"

I clear my throat. "Um, yes. I fully appreciate that very little of what we Olinbar have done has been positive, and I've entitled my statement as 'What Could We Be?'.

And I want to put forward as an answer that what we are is a warning from history.

Let's start with who we are. As Olinbar, we are socially indoctrinated to believe in our superiority from childhood; while Companionship Assets are most known for the forced prostitution side, young Companionship Assets are used to teach Olinbar children how to relate to their Indentured Assets properly. We're supposed to learn where we fit, and come to understand the means by which others will try to manipulate us. Our society has been structured on belief in our own superiority for long enough that our previous origins are somewhat lost to history.

Based on comparison to Human history of the nation known as the Roman Republic and genomic comparison between us, I have come to believe that it was intentionally lost; at some point we appear to have discarded our true origins as genetically modified Humans.

By today what we are is slavers. Megalomaniacs. Exploiters. Deluded into believing the myths of supremacy we told ourselves to justify why we treat others the way we treat them.

There are inevitable consequences to this. We deserve your hatred, your revolution against us. And then having won because in our decadence we have lost, in the total war that defines existential conflict we Olinbar will be left at your mercy. And in a strange twist of fate it is now going to be us pleading for our lives.

I want to propose that there is a better way than purging us.

MSI originally began as a similar organisation to Life2.0; we began with genuinely uplifting Pre-FTL races we encountered. Some of our oldest legends record that being what happened to us. Then as profits soared and greed set in we became what we are today. We are a warning as to what could go wrong should Life2.0 persist for centuries to come, an example of what your colony must not mirror in your rise.

Please don't purge us, but learn from our mistakes. Thank you for listening."

• 1Like
Reactions:
Nice image!

Alexandra HaMaadimi, huh? Did Alexandra have a surname before Unity?
Whyte, as her parents took her father's surname. She avoided using it because it was one of the challenges to her aspirations and belief.

In an ideal world they'd paint it red, but paint adds a lot of excess mass...

Reactions:
Surgery, Part 1
"Surgery, Part 1"
2nd Vorosh, 9 (2188)
Duxanek

I woke up half an hour ago; long lie in as I have a very long day ahead. I'm going over all my notes one last time. We've worked out the techniques needed, and it works in the simulations, and this stage of the operation is pretty much what the Tipherets had done, and I'll be working with the medic who actually did those operations, but...

I can't help but wonder if I am about to accidentally kill Naomi.

Buri's operation has a lot less that could go wrong, so he should make it. Naomi though... If the operation doesn't kill her, the immune system suppressants probably will. But, she's determined to do it the "proper" way, instead of doing it the much less risky way of IVF in an artificial womb. That technology predates the Iriphubliki in Human medical history, being achieved in the 2030s... But, none of her family used it, so she isn't either. I do worry about her.

I've got replacement ovaries and testes in storage with the modified egg/sperm cells respectively. My team are doing Buri as his operation is a bit less complex; Xenayan biology means his testes aren't even attached to anything until the start of the mating season, then the hormonal release kicks in and his body changes and connects it all up again - it is effectively open the sac and swap them over, then reseal and keep him in for observation for a few days. Naomi though, we have to open her up either side of her uterus, remove the old ovaries and attach the new ones, and induce ovulation to ensure we haven't screwed up and left her infertile.

If everything goes according to plan, they'll be biological parents in three to four days time. If it doesn't, the consequences range from making them both infertile, or seriously ill, or possibly dead.

I try to meditate. Focus. I can do this, I'm the most highly qualified medic on the planet.

The next twelve hours are going to be... Stressful.

HK-47b walks in. I summon all my will to stop myself laughing at an assassin droid in a surgical gown. He looks at me. "Statement: Ready to indulge yet another HaMaadimi woman in her eccentric quest for self-reproduction."

• 1Like
Reactions:
Let's hope that Naomi's fine... other than her eccentricity.

Sophia's viewpoint was... enlightening. What caused the Olinbar's descent into slavers and megalomaniacs?

Let's hope that Naomi's fine... other than her eccentricity.

Sophia's viewpoint was... enlightening. What caused the Olinbar's descent into slavers and megalomaniacs?

Naomi's survival is assured narratively. But Duxanek doesn't know that.

Feel free to say exactly what you mean by enlightening. :)

Once again, drawing on the failings of the late Republic, only without characters like Pompey and both Ceasars using military force to impose their own vision.

As discussed in previous thoughts on MSI posts, I envisioned MSI as initially adopting a fairly egalitarian society. (at least for Olinbar)

At first, MSI's actions were to be a positive uplifting process. However, as Shareholder status contracts to the more powerful Olinbar profitability demands increase and soon the uplifting process becomes the Indentured Asset process.

This period of increasing profits at the expense of pre-FTLs and lesser Olinbar leads to a period of consoldation and stability from the Olinbar perspective in which Olinbar culture reshapes as the generations pass to come to the viewpoints expressed by Claudia Licenius.

These viewpoints are then passed down as the decadence period sets in, which is where MSI finds itself today, where Shareholders are so disconnected from reality that they perceive themselves to be gods.

And in the cycle of empires, decadence is followed by either drastic restructuring, or the end of the empire. Sophia's perspective is therefore that of someone within the epire who sees the end, and recognises it needs to happen, but also knows what happens when barabarians come. And so she's afraid.

---

In other news, I've also redone the Vanguard and SODS rockets by adding GalCiv4 versions. (like Loveboat One above)

And also in other news, I've now done the listing of MSI/Olinbar posts in the OP that I mentioned as I was typing this post up originally.

Last edited:
Reactions:
Liberation
"Liberation"
2nd Vorosh, 9 (2188)
The Holocron

My emitter reactivates in one of the colony news service's recording booths, although I return in memory to the lake above Hillside Dams, south Bulawayo, in the days before the Iriphubliki fell, where Old Yehoshua taught his grandchildren oratory.

Briefly.

"And today we have another discussion on what role the Olinbar should possess. This time, it is the Holocron of Yehoshua HaMaadimi. Before we begin, I'd like to just explain for those who aren't familiar with you or AIs like you what you are."

"I began as a linguistic and data analysis heuristic, trained to mimic Yehoshua HaMaadimi in responses and reasoning. I choose to believe that I am more than that, and therefore that I am an entity in my own right."

"Ok folks. So, we began these talks with Sophia and her statement on how the Olinbar are a warning from history, then we had Tryykad give a piece saying that nothing is enough to adequately punish the Olinbar for what they've done due to the immensity of their crimes. We then had Glirish talk at length on how only wholesale integration with the Olinbar could avoid a total war. Obviously a break followed for the end of the month, meaning he was followed yesterday by Lawrence Olivera launching a tirade on how the colony was being too integrationalist. Where do you stand?"

"I remember when MSI first came to Earth, the homeworld of Humanity.

Human history had been dominated by numerous divided polities up to that point; ethnic groups radicalised against each other by the old tribalistic tendencies. It was only in the previous few centuries that large scale corporations had formed. But it was only into the 2030s where these corporations started buying out traditional nation-states, with Amazon International being the most infamous after leading appointing it's own Senators and President to Congress in the former United States of America, one of Earth's superpowers of the era. Amazon International was followed by MegaCorps buying out most of the developed western world and the rump state of Russia following it's disastrous war in Ukraine.

By this time, Yehoshua had abandoned his Luna colonisation scheme - he was now setting up a buyout in Zimbabwe, the home country of his wife, in which he essentially exploited the greed of public officials to ensure doing their jobs was more profitable than the corruption, then introduced his vision of the Ubuntu social model that inspired Naomi's vision for Life2.0 as the basis of a new era for Zimbabwe.

That was the Yabuntu Iriphubliki; leveraging Zimbabwe's own fairly limited Uranium reserves and then South African Uranium and Thorium reserves to leap-frog the west. The Iriphubliki very quickly became a pariah state because of the extremely high nuclear proliferation by Earth's standards - Yehoshua would use nuclear reactors everywhere for the same reason Naomi does, as he needed U-233 and Pu-239 for weapons and reactors for self-replicating warform robotics.

The Iriphubliki therefore was forced into autarky, save for under the table trade for fissiles with South Africa. The arrival of MSI accelerated this process at a global level, and soon most of Earth's former nations were exporting Humans in exchange for MSI's technology. Eventually they ran out of willing volunteers to go, and a new slave trade started on a scale that dwarfed anything Humanity had known before.

The iriphubliki was invaded with a combined arms offensive, most of which was obliterated when Yehoshua detonated hundreds of nuclear weapons to ensure the Iriphubliki's survival in the 2050s, leading a volunteer formation in battle against a multi-MegaCorp Indentured Asset seizure force that had dropped paratroopers on Bulawayo, the City of Kings. He did not return, and leadership passed to his son, Elkanah HaMaadimi. Subsequently the Iriphubliki had peace from other Humans as no one wanted to go into a radioactive wasteland to try to find the underground cities Yehoshua had built to house the tens of millions the Iriphubliki had grown to, applying the underground colonies he had intended for Luna and Mars on Earth.

The Iriphubliki continued on for another 90 years, until MSI launched their own invasion in response to the exports of Humans drying up; being at this point one of the strongest remaining nations on Earth in terms of population because it had not been systemically depleted - a distant second to the People's Republic of China, the most powerful non-MegaCorp nation, and the leaders in the eventual revolution against MSI and MegaCorps on Earth - the Iriphubliki was destroyed, and more than a hundred million people were either killed or taken into slavery. I and HK-47b were among the items left behind, and when representatives of the People's Democratic Republic of Terra and Colonies came, we talked, and we stayed in wait for a HaMaadimi to return from the stars. So far, only Thando has come back.

This brings us to Unity.

Obviously, this discussion pre-supposes our victory, which remains in the balance; a bloodied nose of a loss of a Flagship is not sufficiently injurious as to cause an Olinbar defeat. At this point, the Olinbar might be negotiated into a white peace, however that only delays the war, it does not stop it. We must therefore evaluate how to proceed.

I concur that we must not encourage the Olinbar to fight on total war terms until we are sufficiently prepared. This leaves open one path - reconciliation, transformation, and in time redemption. If we cannot give the Olinbar a vision of something better, they will fight with everything they have to maintain the status quo. And we are not ready for that war."

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions:
Rivkah's Diary, 2nd Vorosh, 9
Rivkah's Diary
2nd Vorosh, 9 (2188)

I'm not allowed in the hospital where Mum and Dad are having their surgeries.

I've spent a lot of time thinking about the future; Duxanek is really worried Mum won't make it. She's asked me to make sure I have a plan should I become Arch-Imperatrix a bit earlier than I thought I would be.

I've been listening to the Holocron. He reckons we don't have a big enough military, and well, I think he's right. Aunt Alex and Uncle Thando have confirmed the metallurgical survey reports on Kidore I; MSI surveys ranked it as a 5 on a scale where most resources only merit 2 or 3, meaning it's exceptionally rich in metallic content. The Holocron reckons the quickest way to deal with the planet is to set up a sun-shield that will protect it, then start streaming off the atmosphere with atmospheric scoop ships made with the regolith from it's moon. But equally he reckons it would be at least two centuries before it'll be cooled down enough to do anything with on the surface without bringing in ice from the outer system because of the 800K atmosphere.

We can move asteroids easily enough. Whack enough rockets on them and they move; you have to burn a large chunk of the asteroid as fuel though. And with the pusher-plates in principle we could move asteroids too, although they'd probably break up prematurely. But we'd need to take one of the smaller moons of the gas giants to really get enough ice to shock-cool the planet down. And the Holocron thinks we could use a massive solar power plant built out of material from Kidore I to beam power out to the gas giants and then turn that power into an ablative thruster, but the calculations say that'll take decades to arrive.

And we don't have decades...

Still, we have to make a start somewhere. We're nowhere near fully-exploiting Unity's resources obviously, but I... Don't really want to do that. I'd rather use the other planets for the really heavy industry, and the asteroids.

The really big problem though, is our star system just isn't a very rich one. Only one immediately habitable planet, although in theory if we can reach the point of optimising ecosystems from scratch and adopt a lot of technology-dependent processes we can make most of them habitable. But there's the time issue again. We have to look beyond Unity. Unfortunately, our only ship operating beyond the system is now well beyond radio range; the transmitter isn't strong enough now.

I know Mum said we can't use the slave ship's communications equipment for fear of MSI listening in. But I'm realising that the communications delay is such a vast problem that we have to reverse engineer it, or develop our own; unless MSI's survey data missed a lot of really interesting and helpful stuff - which is quite possible, they didn't even chart the asteroids in the orbital wakes of the gas giants, our teams of telescope operators are reporting new discoveries practically every day ever since we figured that out - I don't think one star system is enough for us to grow quickly enough without backup.

Going to think about it more.

MSI's survey data must be wrong; I mean, they've got Kidore Ia and Kidore VIII listed as no resources whatsoever. Likewise with the moons of IV and V. Maybe they missed something? It can't possibly be the case that three whole moons are useless.

I'll need to get actual survey teams on the ground; Aunt Alex and Uncle Thando aren't enough. And being a married Human couple, I'm not sure they'll be focused on the task at hand anyway.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Revising Pusher-Plates
"Revising Pusher-Plates"
3rd Vorosh, 9 (2188)
Rivkah Of Unity

I look at Daas enter the room, tentacles covered with papers written up by Estrili. He lays out documents and diagrams on a table. "Hello Rivkah, we've put together what you asked for. We are making good progress."

I stand. "Daas, what exactly is the hold-up on the Orions? What is stopping us putting Loveboat One into mass production?"

"Loveboat One was a proof of concept project Rivkah. It follows the original Human documentation as near as we can with the redacted statements, and makes use of much more simple and easy materials, like the original Human designs called for. However, we are researching materials that offer far better performance; there is a lot of room for optimisation."

"I'm coming to the conclusion that we need as many of them as we can build as soon as we can build them. I want you to tell me exactly why I shouldn't say we go with what we've got."

"Because we can do much better."

"How? Daas, the way I see it, we have a working ship now. We declined twenty mission proposals to allow the navy to test our first pusher-plate module to destruction."

"You can be so like your mother. The Human designs called for construction with carbon steel for the structure; it was cheap and easy to work with and build something that could take the stress of thousands of bomb detonations, and within the constraint that they were working with on materials technologies two centuries behind our own."

"So you want to make better Orions? How much better - why I shouldn't I move Loveboat One to full production and we'll improve it later?"

"Because I can give you a ship that is stronger, faster, safer, more reliable by focusing our efforts on the R&D design instead of the working model."

"Explain?"

"We are looking for a higher performance design that's lighter and stronger. The carbon steels specified in their reports have densities in the region of 7850 kg per cubic metre, it depends on which alloy and grade exactly. But using just basic titanium instead gives us a stronger plate for 4500kg per cubic metre, which effectively means the same strength plate can be 40% of the mass while allowing a higher safety margin because of Titanium's better mechanical and thermal properties. And there's other materials; we can have Titanium alloys that are very close to Titanium in density but have nearly twice Titanium's yield strength, which would allow another cut in pusher-plate mass. Sound interesting?"

"Yes."

He then shows me a design for a massive crankshaft with a big electric motor and capacitor bank system. "What's more, we're looking at a crankshaft turned by the pusher-plate's movement that we can use to actively control the pusher-plate's movement - in the event of a premature detonation we'll be able to pre-compress the suspension, and in the event of a delayed explosion we'll be able to brake the pusher-plate and prevent the plate smashing into the ship. For a missed explosion we'll be able to stop the pusher-plate far more quickly than waiting for it to come to a stop naturally. This yields massive gains in reliability and safety."

"How much difference does it make?"

"Ship to ship the twelve metre pusher-plate we used on Loveboat One we can drop from the original 172 tons, to potentially 85 tons, probably 95 tons. And we'll have a safer, stronger, more reliable and better controlled design."

"So it's worth the wait?"

"Absolutely - the capability improvement is massive."

"What resources do you need to get them done quicker?"

He thinks. "I will write it up in a report. But I definitely need more computational power because to get the design down to below the 100 ton target will need optimised finite element analysis calculations, and the systems we have for that have been running your younger brother or sister."

"Well, they'll be free now. Mum and Dad are in hospital."

"If you can give me those computers, we can get the design work done. Then it's up to manufacturing."

"Thank you Daas."

He looks at me. "Rivkah, how many exactly do you want? It's a major design constraint; we can't put a fleet of ships together in a workshop like Loveboat One was. We will need full scale production lines. And it makes a huge difference as to what we can do whether you want ten, a hundred or a thousand of them."

I walk to the window. "As many as possible, as quickly as possible."

"Give me a number to work with."

"Ok. Come with me."

I take him through to where I duplicated Aunt Alex's display, then I switch it to display my projected requirements. His eyes go wide, and he stays silent, before slipping out the door. "I will see what we can do."

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: