• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
There was no setup that made him a bastard. I was suggesting an edit. :(

And, by far I prefer 1066. The later scenarios are way too centralized.

Alright so thanks to consider me. I don't really mind what time it is for me, but I prefer during the night/early morning. Of course I would prefer friday late nights/saturday early moring, because generally I have plans on Saturday night. But I guess sunday early morning (3-4 am) is fine, I just have to shorten my party time (don't mind if I sober up playing CK, give me the trait sobering up).

As for my country, I imagine if I someone gets Normandy then I should not take Brittany(I would really like to take it)? If not I would like the Duchy of Galicia. Plz

If we are going to use Eu2 then that's going to be a problem for me because I originally played on a friend's(The time I lived int the USA) eu2 copy, not mine. But I agree, Eu2 looks nicer and felt so much better to play.

I'll be honest upfront: I hesitate to allow you in, as I know you have something of a reputation around here. However, at the same time, we need more players.

I want to be very clear on this, I'll welcome you to join our game, but under your assurances that you will behave in a mature, friendly manner. Most of us our newbies when it comes to CK MP, and I won't have it spoiled for them all. I will try to be as fair as I can toward you, because I feel you deserve a chance, but I will not hesitate to act when it comes to dealing with any unpleasantness that I have seen in other certain occassions. So then, do I have your assurance?

Didnt really want to deal with things i already considered burried, but if i must put my hands into the dirt, i prefer to do such in private, if you dont mind.

I already sent you a PM, and as i said on it, it is always better to form your own opinion on the matter instead of relying on certain persons' words. The thread is still alive, and, anyone wanting to see it can do it.

And if you can truly understand my concerns, as i do understand yours, and if i am allowed in, as i said before, i would like to take any iberian nation, suposing i am the only one in iberia of course. As for time - the later the better. Currently in vacations but will start working again during september. Dont really know when i am able to play since i dont know yet when work ends during Fridays or Saturdays (and will only know the exact hour during september i am afraid). During Saturdays, i believe i have most of the day free after 18:00 BST (possibly a lot sooner, but still do not really know). Fridays, likely only after 21:00 BST (British summer time, which is GMT + 1 AFAIK).

Of course, i would prefer the game to be during saturdays, since this is a long term campaign which i would like to end in DD myself. And since that will, possibly take 2-3 years, and since saturday is a day I rarely have anything to do, despite all the shifts we suffer at work, that would be better.

Just a question (sorry if this was stated elsewhere but i dont have time to check every single post over the last pages): we are using plain DV, or some little mod? From what i understood we are using DVIP?

Kuipy said:
While I get the point of those who prefer EU2 over EU3, I must stress that I do not even own EU2, even less know how to play it. So any EU2 game would mean I would not go further than CK (not that I mind if I have a good CK game).

I wouldnt worry if i were you. You only have to pay 10$ for EU2, and EU2 is similar to EU3 but much easier, and much better in most fields. Notably stability online.

It's also filled with historical events that can make or break a country - something luckily that eu3 lacks.

Brian Bóruma said:
It's also filled with historical events that can make or break a country - something luckily that eu3 lacks.

Events are a minor problem since they can be easily taken away and since this will be basically fantasy-like i doubt there will be a need for historical ones.

But actually, many people consider the historical part of EU2 an advantage rather then a disvantage. I still remember the heavy complains regarding EU3's randomness. Having Mecklemburg in North America and Aragon in Alaska during the 1500's wasnt that pleasant to see.

Baranov said:
Alright so thanks to consider me. I don't really mind what time it is for me, but I prefer during the night/early morning. Of course I would prefer friday late nights/saturday early moring, because generally I have plans on Saturday night. But I guess sunday early morning (3-4 am) is fine, I just have to shorten my party time (don't mind if I sober up playing CK, give me the trait sobering up).

:rofl: Playing CK MP drunk? That ought to work well for when your king is insane.

So, assuming we went ahead with our initial plan for a Friday game, which would start at 5 AM your time, and run until about 9, you would be able to play?

As for my country, I imagine if I someone gets Normandy then I should not take Brittany(I would really like to take it)? If not I would like the Duchy of Galicia. Plz

Actually, I don't have a problem with you being Brittany. I like the idea of players competing with one another even before the typical build-ups.

If we are going to use Eu2 then that's going to be a problem for me because I originally played on a friend's(The time I lived int the USA) eu2 copy, not mine. But I agree, Eu2 looks nicer and felt so much better to play.

EU is still a long way off for us. I'm sure something can be worked out before then.

BurningEGO said:
i would like to take any iberian nation, suposing i am the only one in iberia of course.

Alright, you're in. I'm going to wait back on the response to allowing Baranov in as Britanny, since his second choice was Galicia before confirming you in as an Iberian country. Assuming Baranov's Brittany choice is workable with a player-controlled Normandy, what country in Spain do you want. And if it's not workable, do you have a second preference? Maybe an Italian or French?

As for time - the later the better. Currently in vacations but will start working again during september. Dont really know when i am able to play since i dont know yet when work ends during Fridays or Saturdays (and will only know the exact hour during september i am afraid). During Saturdays, i believe i have most of the day free after 18:00 BST (possibly a lot sooner, but still do not really know). Fridays, likely only after 21:00 BST (British summer time, which is GMT + 1 AFAIK).

Excellent. That means we can probably allow hyme back in, if you're able to play at the very early time of 5:00 BST.

Would we be aiming to start this weekend, next weekend, next month?

hi, interested aswell, not sure yet what to take, because differently from the others, i roleplay a dynasty, so i care more about what the name of them is than the positioning :p

Brian Bóruma said:
Would we be aiming to start this weekend, next weekend, next month?

Well, we could start tomorrow, but I don't think we're near ready for that. Better we start next Friday.

Baranov said:
uhm... 5am-9am I think It is fine.

Excellent. :)

jorian said:
hi, interested aswell, not sure yet what to take, because differently from the others, i roleplay a dynasty, so i care more about what the name of them is than the positioning

Would you like to be the de Hautevilles? I don't think anyone's picked them yet. Or if you want, I'll drop my position as Byzantium and have you take it, either as the Dukas, Komnenian, or Diogenes family.

TC Pilot said:
Would you like to be the de Hautevilles? I don't think anyone's picked them yet. Or if you want, I'll drop my position as Byzantium and have you take it, either as the Dukas, Komnenian, or Diogenes family.
...I picked Apulia (the Hautevilles) before anyone else picked anything. :p

TC Pilot

Could you get a list of who's going to play (or intends to) in the first post? Also the nations they suposedly would want to play? That would make things better for the ones that wish to choose a nation.

As for me, if i truly cannot play in Iberia (damn, in all my CK games i have played some iberian duchy/kingdom), then i would like the little germans of the duchy of Carinthia.

Although please do not set my in-game position marked in stone yet - it might drastically change depending on the number of (possible) neighbours.

(in alphabetical order)

Baranov - Duchy of Brittany
Brian Bóruma - Duchy of Apulia
Hyme - Duchy of Bohemia
Kuipy - Duchy of Normandy or County of Hereford
Reneg - Duchy of Trondelag
TC Pilot - Empire of Byzantium

Brian Bóruma said:
...I picked Apulia (the Hautevilles) before anyone else picked anything. :p

Alright, then you're definately in as them. Sorry about that.

BurningEGO said:
Could you get a list of who's going to play (or intends to) in the first post? Also the nations they suposedly would want to play? That would make things better for the ones that wish to choose a nation.

Done.

As for me, if i truly cannot play in Iberia (damn, in all my CK games i have played some iberian duchy/kingdom), then i would like the little germans of the duchy of Carinthia.

Since no one seems to oppose Baranov playing as Brittany, looks like you'll get Spain after all.

Doesnt that make France rather crowded? Better to split everyone through the entire map (a bit equally) instead of massing em in one area i think.

Also, is Tuscany available? :p

BurningEGO said:
Doesnt that make France rather crowded? Better to split everyone through the entire map (a bit equally) instead of massing em in one area i think.

Also, is Tuscany available? :p
It's ruled by a female. You'll only last one monarch.

Could I make a claim to Ireland? Duke of Munster would be splendid. I'm available during the posted times.

If at all possible, if I could be the sole human in the British Isles would be even better. I'd love to form Great Britain under Ireland's jackboot.

Edit: Wait, does vanilla EU3 mean IN or just EU3?

Last edited:
Armagnac is interesting, or Naples (the city/count) :)

can i ask to have a specific name for the dynasty? i mean to change it to have it from session 1?

The county of Naples?

I'm not going to whine about it, but you won't exist a month with me in Apulia.

Brian Bóruma said:
The county of Naples?

I'm not going to whine about it, but you won't exist a month with me in Apulia.
don't be so sure about it ;)

besides, the family name there is what interests me, not the place itself