• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I'm personally not too thrilled about a 10 or 11 PM game on Friday or Saturday, but I'm fairly confident I can be there for one of those two days.

As for starting countries, I'm not so sure. Given how pathetically weak the Byzantine Empire is at the start of the game, I think it would be best for a player to play as Byzantium from the start (Konstantinos Dukas, right?).

Other options I had in mind include:

1. An Iberian country (any kingdom or duchy)
2. An English country (I was thinking either Lancaster or Cumberland)
3. A Scandanavian country
4. A French country (Flanders or Brittany)
5. An Italian (most likely Apulia)
6. A Russian (Moscow, Novogorod, or Kiev)
7. One or more Germans (to rip apart the HRE between Germany, Italy, and Burgundy, maybe van Holland, as well)

Obviously, we're probably not going to get that many players, so this list will have to be seriously trimmed or revised as player-counts permit.

Yeah, I doubt we'll get that many, but that would be ideal. You'd have every region taken. The Russian player is going to be really lonely, though.

Of the ones listed, I'd prefer Apulia if possible. If not, I can play Denmark or in France somewhere I guess.

Brian Bóruma said:
Yeah, I doubt we'll get that many, but that would be ideal. You'd have every region taken. The Russian player is going to be really lonely, though.

Well, that's why I suggested Kiev. It's rather close to Byzantium.

Now that I think about it, should one player be Bohemia? Personally, the sooner the HRE disintegrates, the better.

Of the ones listed, I'd prefer Apulia if possible. If not, I can play Denmark or in France somewhere I guess.

Works for me. I'm leaning toward Byzantium or Flanders, personally, with slight interest in an Iberian country.

Bohemia as a replacement for a German minor or Kiev?

Because I like having both Kiev and Bohemia around. Everyone should have a neighbor. :D

I am rather partial to the Normans... Maybe I can give Robert Curthose the chance he never had. :D That would give a player in both english and french spheres.

Or else, a russian principalty.

Brian Bóruma said:
Bohemia as a replacement for a German minor or Kiev?

Because I like having both Kiev and Bohemia around. Everyone should have a neighbor. :D
i would live to play as Bohemia if that is ok with you guys. is just fri ok with you guys than.

Kuipy said:
I am rather partial to the Normans... Maybe I can give Robert Curthose the chance he never had. :D That would give a player in both english and french spheres.

I don't think playing as Normandy's a great idea, considering you're most likely just going to inherit England in 10-20 years. Wouldn't you rather play as a vengeful Saxon duke fighting the tide of evil Normans? :p

Then again, considering Apulia and Bohemia are going to become kingdoms rather quickly, maybe Normandy's fine...

Or else, a russian principalty.

How does Kiev sound?

hyme said:
i would live to play as Bohemia if that is ok with you guys. is just fri ok with you guys than.

I have no issue with you being Bohemia.

Friday, from 10 PM to 2 AM (or 1 AM, if you just want to do 3 hours), would work as much as Saturday would.

As Varangian the Rurikovich are a kind of Normans...

But not the kind I would marry my daughter to. :D

How about Robert de Beaumont, earl of Leicester ? For some reason ol'William always make him duke of York within seconds of the scenario start.

I'd suggest letting him nave Normandy and making Robert a bastard.

There's a good chance he won't inherit England, unless he's legitimized via event. In England, the only Norman with more than one province is the Count of Hereford, with two. Unfortunately, they're not even in the same duchy.

Well, William the Bastard has more than one... obviously.. but that'd be overkill. :D

Last edited:
If you want to preserve the muslims/pagans as more than speedbumps, consider adding a "maximum number of provinces allowed to take" clause to the one DoW per ruler lifetime rule. That is, for every muslim/pagan DoW, no player may take more than, say, three provinces in total.

Pretty sure it applies only toward muslims.

Three points :
- I have just played a SP test game as the county of Hereford, I believe I can manage it.
- I do hope we do not play above 'Below average' speed or I will be completely overwhelmed.
- While going over old multiplayer threads I note that any change of primary title, such as becoming a duke or a king, logs a player off without notice so that a 'rehost' is needed. Is it still the case ? Because it is going to be important during the first session.

TC Pilot said:
Quick aside: does the 1 DoW limit also limit DoWs on Christians or players?

I'm fine with limiting the amount of provinces taken to 3, though I'm not entirely keen on the 1-war-per-lifetime.
No, I'm almost sure it's only to keep the Muslims from being ravaged. If it were one DoW for Christians, you'd have people trying to get their own kings assassinated/injured.

Kuipy said:
- While going over old multiplayer threads I note that any change of primary title, such as becoming a duke or a king, logs a player off without notice so that a 'rehost' is needed. Is it still the case ? Because it is going to be important during the first session.

I haven't played MP in a long time, but I think that's been fixed?

Edit: What about when we should start? I'm in favor of as soon as possible.

Last edited:
Hello there,

I would be interested in joining your megacampaign, are there any slots still open? I own all the games needed for this. But this will be my first time playing a MP game. I just want to play with real players for once ( I just hate when suddenly the AI owns you and can't negotiate reasonably). but I have not very high expectations, I'll give you a look at my best game:

Take the County of Asturias, the one with blue herald and golden cross, Inherit county of El Bierzo,
Become Duke of Asturias,
Kick the shit out of the Duke of galicia (lost their southern proovinces to muslims),
Participate in a the Leon civil war, after they lost a war with muslims (god they got to powerful) and aid Castilla to win the title of king of Castilla.
Then again participated in the Castillan civil war, grabbed the title of king of Leon and in exchange the AI duke of Castille, my ally, took the tile of King of Castille.
Then came the muslim tsunami and crushed my kingdom and castille (aragon was already dead). Luckuly one of my descendants had a county in germany so I continued but found it was hard to expand.

I also have some experience with Eu3 (with munster uniting Ireland), Vicky (Montenegro playing out Austri and Ottoman Empire*) and HOI2 (As Albania, expanding into yougoslavia* and south Italy*)

If you wish to retain my candidature please pm me or reply.

Baranov,

PS: * meens that there was civil war

You still need to rehost when a primary title changes. You also want to keep an eye out and warn when this is about to happen, because the player whose title changes won't be able to hear chat after the change, which is often highly confusing.

King of Men said:
You still need to rehost when a primary title changes. You also want to keep an eye out and warn when this is about to happen, because the player whose title changes won't be able to hear chat after the change, which is often highly confusing.

So you meen that if my primary title was like Duke of Britany and I become King of England (happen to me ounce throught inheritance), you need to rehost?

Yep. In fact even in SP you should do a save/reload or you will get Weird Stuff, but it's more noticeable in MP.

Kuipy said:
Pretty sure it applies only toward muslims.

yes we will have to restart

But at least the person changing titles doesn't crash anymore. ;)