• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Leto0o

Recruit
8 Badges
Jan 21, 2022
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Stellaris
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
So i get this error Message whenever i try to open stellaris via the paradox launcher: "general error loading game settings failed {"messageId":"game/loadingLauncherGameSettingsFailed"}"
Some people reccomend giving it exceptions in your antivirus but that didnt work for me, i get that its just an inconvenience since i can just run the .exe instead but if anyone knows the fix id apprechiate it nonetheless.

That is a problem with the launcher, Stellaris, EU, CK, all the games got it. PDX have said the antivirus exception is the best option. There is the problem with the .sqlite file, don't know if this is the same error or not. Supposedly you should create an exception for the "launcher-v2.sqlite" file at "C:\Users\[USER]\Documents\Paradox Interactive\Stellaris", but i recommend to create also an exception for the whole folder. They have also recomendad to uninstall and reinstall the game and launcher. Still won't expect much help from PDX. They have said the error comes from the antivirus so they will not do anything to fix their own launcher :(

Hope you can manage to solve it :D

VUmzq32.gif
to the Tech Support subforum.

What antivirus do you use? If Avast or AVG, yes, that is certainly the issue here.