• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
You said:

toio said:
then the Ai will find 6 empty province and place TPs in them, they will not colonize until they have found 6.

Based on what you've shown, that bit in bold is false.

Also, the issue isn't as dire as you've painted it as you can adjust AIs to whether or not they start by spamming TPs or start with colony placements.

please note the "late" part in case it might have been missed;)
latency only starts happening after or around 1700's(SP play, not sure how this could happen in MP if any diffrence at all). i know as a fact that many players do not play sp after 1700's, without assuming anything in particular. i only play GC so not sure if latency happens if starting with a later scenario.

at first the latency is bearable but increases more and more as times goes by. but post 1780's is LITERALY coming to a standstill. i play with fog of war "on" so i am not sure if that helps or not in itself( i consider fog of war as not desired since takes away from the flavour, just personal preference). when game comes to a standstill, the only way to "speed up" is to save, and reload. but this only works for a few days at best after getting in-game again, before latency becomes impossible to manage.

for eu2, i had been using same computer i did since almost 3 years ago and have 1.2gb RAM core2duo processor. i am 100% that this latency has nothing to do with computer technical details

As i said , I never have gotten this problem, but then I always change the last 3 SPA files expansion number to its stated old number of 6.
And, LET me make this clear, IT MIGHT NOT BE THE ANSWER FOR YOU.

Also, I never play SPA, usually i play SWE or DAN, sometimes ENG and when i play ARG, i usually hit CAS hard.

You said:

what false, we have a misunderstanding of what a tp and colonist is.

My sentence is correct as stated,

A tp is NOT a colonist. They are all available as colonists,

Also, the issue isn't as dire as you've painted it as you can adjust AIs to whether or not they start by spamming TPs or start with colony placements.

Its illogical to force a cash strapped AI state to waste monetary resources on huge number of provinces, that sit only TP in them.
A cash strapped Ai with only 40 ducats, which has a colonist available, will not wait until it has 80 ducats ( cost of tp 20 , cost of colonist 80, approx figures), so that this "available" colonist will form a colony, BUT will send this colonist out to add to other tp in a colony/land. this will happen , until its reached its max of 6 tp.
Granted, by some random event, it could receive a cash handout ( +200) and send this available colonist to become a colony , once it has already established its 10 TP found colonies( lands)

Remember we help AI Spain a lot with free colonists. Main goal here is having Spain painting her part of the map. Maybe it is less important for late game but better keep value high if Spain had problems before. And I'm sure Spain starts colonies and not very often level 6 tps before and this is because tradingpost value was decreased while expansion was increased. See previous values that were kept as comments in last three SPA AI files.

Remember we help AI Spain a lot with free colonists.

What about the money , ie in large lumps ?

Its just that I am very curious on the resoning of why the default value of 6 was changed to 30 , so late into the game ( last 3 files). I doubt there are any "vacant" lands available

I haven't took offense, but I was only trying to help you. In any case, have you tried modifying the AI in the way that has been suggested in this thread?

thanks, but no not modifying anything yet, i prefer when yoda is tiding things up with a new beta release( hopefuly some other improvements as well), he's got my full confidence when it comes to modding;)

the important thing remains in identifying the real cause and thus my written concern.

You said:

for provincial based events would be nice if ai always chooses sending colonists first, and thus trugger those events ( pop increases,etc)