• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Flyingkiki

Corporal
29 Badges
Jul 3, 2015
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Cities: Skylines Deluxe Edition
  • Semper Fi
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • For the Motherland
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Steel Division: Normandy 44
  • Cities: Skylines - Mass Transit
  • Steel Division: Normand 44 Sign-up
  • Cities: Skylines - Green Cities
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife Pre-Order
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury
  • Prison Architect
  • Imperator: Rome Sign Up
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Knights of Honor
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
Hi everyone !
I've decided to finally dedicate my time into CK2, and was messing around on Ironman as the Nantes and Retz count and starting in 867, so as a Norse.
I was focused on creating the Kingdom of Brittany, and between the 5-year truces I had some fun in southern Ireland, trying to get the Kingdom of Mumu.
I succeeded, and created the related Jarldom of Hlymrek, then tried to give the tile to my son, and then... he became a Grand Mayor and a Republic was born :D

20190223155650_1.jpg

Soooo, I don't really get what happened here...
Could it be related to his former title as Mayor of St Brieuc ? (yeah I tried some stuff...)

I have multiple DLCs, but Republic isn't one of them. I have Conclave, as I read it was a known bug previous to this DLC.

Thanks for any help !

Attachments

• 20190223155650_1.jpg
    20190223155650_1.jpg
    764,8 KB · Views: 9
I got a game over once making this mistake before I bought the Republic dlc. You need to either buy it or do whatever you can to make sure that son does not inherit your kingdom.

yes,its because he was a mayor

I got a game over once making this mistake before I bought the Republic dlc. You need to either buy it or do whatever you can to make sure that son does not inherit your kingdom.

he should inherit his kingdom and turn feudal because he got nrw primary tirle
.it usualy works like that for everyone exept nomads

yes,its because he was a mayor

he should inherit his kingdom and turn feudal because he got nrw primary tirle
.it usualy works like that for everyone exept nomads

It's possible I was only duke level when I got that game over. It was a long time ago and I don't remember exactly, but my heir was definitely some form of mayor, and my vassal - so lower tier - and I got the game over when he inherited. The game can be kind of weird when it comes to government types. So better to not take any chances

In this situation you will normally get a new heir. But as above. Just to be safe you might want to buy Republic DLC. If not you might want to fight a war to revoke the titles from your (former) heir.

In this situation you will normally get a new heir. But as above. Just to be safe you might want to buy Republic DLC. If not you might want to fight a war to revoke the titles from your (former) heir.
The son is a republic not a merchant republic, standard republics are never playable. He is already not the heir so its not an issue anyway.

Thank you guys for your helpful answers !
Luckily he isn't my primary heir. But I didn't know that the first title would decide the "mindset" of the character, I should avoid filling my son's head with ideas of republic dream ^^ I was trying some stuff to deal with Gavelkind.

One more question, but I think I know the answer is no, but is it possible to anticipate the repartition of titles for a Gavelkind succession ? The only way I saw it was to rush for the Kingdom, and not stay with only Jarldoms/Duchies. Then I intended to give the Jarldoms/Duchies to my second/third sons, so my first one will inherit the Kingdom and his brothers the Jarldoms/Duchies. Does that sound right ?

Basically with Gavelkind, if you only hold one top-level title (whatever your highest title is) your lands will stay together, though most of your demesne will probably get split up.

This is one of the big differences between it and Elective Gavelkind. With Elective Gavelkind it will create any other top-level titles that you could create to give to your other sons, and those will go independent. Sons that get lower level titles also have the option to go independent.