• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
This looks fantastic. I wholeheartedly support ahistoric, even completely made up models to avoid generic names. + It's super cool to see what the artist comes up with. :)

*necroing* ;D

Italian tree is pretty hard to get right, but fun :D We took some inspiration from this thread, and i had to make up some models to fit the slots ;)

Here is a bonus screenshot:
View attachment 123443

woohoo you remade the tech tree positioning. Its looking really nice now.

I have two questions: What tank brigade types do the starting tech and the '45 tech fill. I assume its light and medium. Wouldnt it make the most sense to have the tree reflect that? Anyway that is really nitpicking the tree is way better than the first one so you have come along way. keep it up :D

EDIT: just noticed that rocket subtech is gone. interesting

Last edited:
I'm not going to lie. That Il Duce is hilarious. I really hope that makes it into the real game. I'm tempted to think up other hilarious names for super heavy tanks for countries that never even tried to make anything of the sort.

*necroing* ;D

Italian tree is pretty hard to get right, but fun :D We took some inspiration from this thread, and i had to make up some models to fit the slots ;)

Here is a bonus screenshot:
View attachment 123443

Aw, my jokey name Il Deuce (Deuce=2, as in the double barreled guns, looks almost like Duce) got dropped:D

No made up. its a riveted pershing copy :=)

Soooooo, what became of the Polish and Czech trees? (Sorry can't resist) :D

Very nice Italian tree. I salute the use of lesser-known prototypes and credible fictional tanks to fill the gap left by that well-known models, instead of simply having units called "Advanced Heavy Tank" or grossly miscasting real vehicles just to fill the whole tree.
Moreover, I am really pleased with the new tree organization, which manages to have a logical Light/Medium/Heavy/Super Heavy progression from left to right, instead of the early version, which was much less readable. Another good point is the abandon of rocket launcher variants, which was doomed to spawn legions of fictional tank subtypes. TD/Flak/Artillery is great, and fits lots of actual designs.

Now, that makes me impatient to see what has been done for other nations :D